Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Redhenry said:

Robinson don't rate Fox apparently

Redhenry said:

Robinson don't rate Fox apparently

God knows why he's been playing the shithouse over chicksen week after week then
    I suppose if had been dropped, Sheffield Wednesday might have reduced their bid!
  • Ajose , could be going to Coventry anybody else heard this ?
  • boogica said:

Ajose , could be going to Coventry anybody else heard this ?

Can't see it, did not think they had any money and plus him and slade did not seem to get on
  • edited December 2016

We needed 3 before we heard we were going to lose fox and lookman. Likelihood of seeing 5 come in...?

This happens every window. Sell a few bring a few in to replace them and we end up in the same position of being weak in certain positions.

This window we need imo as a minimum

2x CM
    1x striker

Plus replacements for Lookman and Fox if they go.
  • boogica said:

Can't see it, did not think they had any money and plus him and slade did not seem to get on
    My thoughts exactly, but was told by someone at training ground ?
  • boogica said:

boogica said:

My thoughts exactly, but was told by someone at training ground ?
    Probably something to do with it being in the paper the other day. I highly doubt there's anything in it.
  • Redhenry said:

Think it was up to 1mill for Fox and 2.5mill for Lookman

So all the reports of 10 mil are wrong and we are now going to accept less than Palace offered in August.

I honestly don't believe that we will just give him away, especially as he does not seem to be pressing for a move.
  • Palace only offered 2.5
  • Sponsored links:

• After a quick read of the MK Dons forum, they won't be too disappointed if Carruthers leaves. In fact it sounds like he could take a pick from many pre-paid taxis
  • Redhenry said:

Palace only offered 2.5

Slade said they offered £6M.
  • Carruthers looks like a combative midfielder. That's me being generous! If I'm honest - I'm fed up with us being a soft touch and quite like seeing a player go round and boot a few players. Not convinced he's the best player in the world but he certainly look like he's prepared to mix it.
    Cheeky combative Irishman from lower leagues......that didn't go too badly last time!
  • edited December 2016
    boogica said:

It was here http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-transfer-rumour-russell-12363642

Can't see how a poacher like Ajose fits a 4-2-3-1 (or 4-3-3) so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Ben Reeves is a left footed tricky playmaker. Team mate of Magennis I think for NIR

Scores goals and gets assists. Looks comfortable on the ball and appears to have a very nice left peg. Reasonably quick too I think.

Either way KR knows them and can hopefully look to get the best from them.

I think the battle might be to keep reeves fit and Samir on the pitch!

That said - midfield options of Crofts, kashi, Carruthers, Reeves, jacko, botaka and Ulvestad are certainly in the upper echelons of this division.
  • Oh - and maybe we haven't seen the last of Ceballos!
    Not just because he scored against S Liege - I think KR wanted to take a look at him. He's the sort of player that could thrive in a more attacking system
  • edited December 2016

We needed 3 before we heard we were going to lose fox and lookman. Likelihood of seeing 5 come in...?

This happens every window. Sell a few bring a few in to replace them and we end up in the same position of being weak in certain positions.

This window we need imo as a minimum

2x CM
    1x striker

Plus replacements for Lookman and Fox if they go.
    Agree + replacements for Foley (who's contract expires in Jan) and Rudd if either of those leave/go back...& possibly cover for Botaka bearing in mind he'll be in the African nations for a month from Jan!

...so basically we need to bring in half a team.
  • I would like to see ceballos come back from his loan I don't think he was given enough time as he was out injured most of the time !!
  • Redhenry said:

Palace only offered 2.5

Well they can fuck off then! Cheecky bastards. Where do you get an attacking premiership player for that? Says to me that they don't think they are premiership level, they are certainly not premiership class. I hope they stuffed the response up Pardews arse.
  • Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

Palace only offered 2.5

Well they can fuck off then! Cheecky bastards. Where do you get an attacking premiership player for that? Says to me that they don't think they are premiership level, they are certainly not premiership class. I hope they stuffed the response up Pardews arse.
    Gudmundsson fee was reported to be around 2.5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Ben Reeves is a left footed tricky playmaker. Team mate of Magennis I think for NIR

Scores goals and gets assists. Looks comfortable on the ball and appears to have a very nice left peg. Reasonably quick too I think.

Either way KR knows them and can hopefully look to get the best from them.

I think the battle might be to keep reeves fit and Samir on the pitch!

That said - midfield options of Crofts, kashi, Carruthers, Reeves, jacko, botaka and Ulvestad are certainly in the upper echelons of this division.

Crofts - unimpressive first half of season, regular in a midfield not good enough for League One.

Kashi - injured for 18 months, I really don't see him playing a significant part for us this season, if ever.

Carruthers - no idea but MKDons fans happy to see him go and they are below us.

Reeves - no idea but has a patchy injury record from what I have read

Jacko - chases shadows whenever in the pitch, simply not up to it anymore no matter what people might think of him as a person

Botaka - struggles to get in the team, inconsistent at best and off to the African Cup of Nations anyway.

Ulvestad - decent but not particularly effective so far.

Holmes - get him fit, he is the one shining light of our m/f.
  • Ceballos should definitely come back, can play wide or in the hole and was never given a chance under boring old Slade
  • boogica said:

I know he's not been great, but sent to Coventry?
  • I can only see some more centre backs coming in as a replacement for Lookman.
  • There is no clause preventing the Charlton boss from poaching players from his old club.

Taken from the Cawley article... Would bloody hope not, MK Dons sacked him so what right have they got to tell him he cant sign their players, its not like we signed Robinson when he was still their boss!!
  • Assuming this thread is no longer needed?
  • Have we signed anyone I may have heard of yet?
  • edited January 2017
    Ronaldo, Messi, and Costa. Robinson is preparing his next 'take us through the line up' interview. Apparently he's optimistic and reckons we could get a draw.