Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• There's a few on here I'd like to give a UB40 to.
  • edited January 2017

Redhenry said:

Apparently Millwall have threatened to report us regarding the ongoing efforts to sign Shaun Williams.

Good player but surprised we have gone for him. Centre back/holding midfield player isn't the priority if we are only getting one more in..
    Dunno... If we play 4-2-3-1 that Robinson favours then we've got Konsa and Crofts to play the two positions in front of the Defence yet if one of those mentioned gets injured then we've got to rely on Jackson... Ulvestad | JFC | Aribo appear to be more attack minded and part of the Midfield three supporting the Striker so wouldnt want them
    JFC can play as a 10 or as an 8/4. I actually think a true defensive midfielder wouldn't be a bad shout--assuming we can get two players in, another one an attacker. Right now, for that "double 6" position (2 in front of the defense) we have:
    Crofts, Konsa, JFC, Ulvestad, JJ*

None of them, except for maybe Konsa who hasn't played much at senior level in that position, are a true defensive midfielder designed to break up play. As we saw with Darren Potter at MK Dons, KR does like that type of player. That said, I don't think a 30 year old who has spent most of his career in the Irish league and lower leagues is the answer.

I think a #10 or genuine winger is the top need. Heard we've been linked with a move for Ali Crawford up at Hamilton for £1m. Anyone seen this anywhere else?
  • SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

Apparently Millwall have threatened to report us regarding the ongoing efforts to sign Shaun Williams.

Good player but surprised we have gone for him. Centre back/holding midfield player isn't the priority if we are only getting one more in..
    Dunno... If we play 4-2-3-1 that Robinson favours then we've got Konsa and Crofts to play the two positions in front of the Defence yet if one of those mentioned gets injured then we've got to rely on Jackson... Ulvestad | JFC | Aribo appear to be more attack minded and part of the Midfield three supporting the Striker so wouldnt want them
    JFC can play as a 10 or as an 8/4. I actually think a true defensive midfielder wouldn't be a bad shout--assuming we can get two players in, another one an attacker. Right now, for that "double 6" position (2 in front of the defense) we have:

None of them, except for maybe Konsa who hasn't played much at senior level in that position, are a true defensive midfielder designed to break up play. As we saw with Darren Potter at MK Dons, KR does like that type of player. That said, I don't think a 30 year old who has spent most of his career in the Irish league and lower leagues is the answer.

I think a #10 or genuine winger is the top need. Heard we've been linked with a move for Ali Crawford up at Hamilton for £1m. Anyone seen this anywhere else?
    When did we start using numbers to describe positions? I know they do it on the continent, but it still seems arbitrary to me.
  • SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

When did we start using numbers to describe positions? I know they do it on the continent, but it still seems arbitrary to me.
    I think they do it most places, and I'd argue it's been done in Britain for a while. If I said an "old fashioned number 9" you'd know what I mean, right?
    I'm a false No.5.....
  • SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

I think they do it most places, and I'd argue it's been done in Britain for a while. If I said an "old fashioned number 9" you'd know what I mean, right?
    Fair point. It's newish to talk about 4/8/10 though
  • A striker is needed, if Magennis gets injured we're fcuked.
  • How about Diego Poyet as one of the 2's in a 4-2-3-1. Has he got a club yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• League One duo Charlton and Millwall are interested in Brazilian striker Rafael Ramazzotti, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Ramazzotti is currently plying his trade with Brunei DPMM FC in the Singapore S.League, working under former Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean.
    So that's where Steve Kean ended up. Sacking Big Sam to put him in charge of Blackburn, what a great decision that was...
  • I like him, passes the CL height test too.
  • I do like a Brazilian!
  • Did KR work under Kean at Blackburn? Might be a link particularly as our Karl loves a contact, but prob bs.
  • Have we ever had a Brazilian?
  • That's a classic Championship Manager type signing. Cool name. All the attributes needed.

Sign him up.
  • Didn't know Ackworth was working for HITC Sports.
  • I like him, passes the CL height test too.

One for the ladies I think large.
  • He 5' 11" playing against midgets!
  • Sponsored links:

• He scores some worldies in that video but playing in Singapore doesn't mean you're suited to the English game!

No but I have!!!!

No but I have!!!!
    So have I.
  • I once gave one $100US in Rio Harbour !
  • Brazilians are all well and good, but if not treated right they can become very annoying and itchy
  • The Brazilian Delort? This needs a thread of its own.
  • Macronate said:

Oh come on, UB40 puns!!!!

A dark day on this forum.

Red red whine

No but I have!!!!
    So have I.
    You liked it so much, you married her
  • League One duo Charlton and Millwall are interested in Brazilian striker Rafael Ramazzotti, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Ramazzotti is currently plying his trade with Brunei DPMM FC in the Singapore S.League, working under former Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean.
    So that's where Steve Kean ended up. Sacking Big Sam to put him in charge of Blackburn, what a great decision that was...

Reminds me of Grafite, the old Wolfsburg striker.
  • Dear me! That video is seriously entertaining. If Ramazzotti is even half as good as the producer of the vid, well sign him up.