Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• There must be a Kinsella, Graham Stuart type out there somewhere. I really feel this is all we need to push on.

We need two of them as one will undoubtedly arrive carrying a knock and t'other will be out injured for two months the second the window closed.
  • Splodge said:

Dazzler21 said:

Brilliant young player, but if £4million up front helps get us promoted (not under these cunts it won't) then I'd rip your arm off for it.

Agree. If you had normal owners who wanted the club to progress, selling one player and replacing with 4-5 like we did for Jenkinson would make great sense. If that one prized asset got injured then relying on your one bright light would be foolish.

It's whether they do spend any though and who they entrust to choose those players. Driesen and that Northern Irish bloke most probably!
    Has anyone ever done that sort of squad rebuilding successfully during January? It's a lot easier when you have the summer off season to rebuild your team.
  • Splodge said:

Dazzler21 said:

Brilliant young player, but if £4million up front helps get us promoted (not under these cunts it won't) then I'd rip your arm off for it.

Agree. If you had normal owners who wanted the club to progress, selling one player and replacing with 4-5 like we did for Jenkinson would make great sense. If that one prized asset got injured then relying on your one bright light would be foolish.

It's whether they do spend any though and who they entrust to choose those players. Driesen and that Northern Irish bloke most probably!
    Has anyone ever done that sort of squad rebuilding successfully during January? It's a lot easier when you have the summer off season to rebuild your team.
    Can't think of anyone offhand but it's a risky move trying to bring in too many players at this stage. You've seen the problems Robinson has had so far trying to get a different approach over to our squad, and they've been playing together for half a season. Any new players will have to get to know those around them and try to understand and implement Robinson's vision. If he pulls it off, massive credit to the bloke, if he doesn't, he is going to end up looking pretty silly after all his talk of January signings.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I don't think you can use that word on here.................
    *Admin* "He said *Promoted*
    ;)
  • Redhenry said:

Robinson has signed two MK players already

Who are they???

• Redhenry said:

Hmm, Carruthers and Potter maybe? I'd like Colclough.
  • Guessing reeves and carruthers
  • The 3 he praised in his post match presser were reeves carruthers and bowditch so id guess its 2 of them
  • iamdan said:

Redhenry said:

Who are they???

My guess is Reeves and Carruthers or maybe Bowditch?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    Ryan Colclough ?
  • Fairly sure it will be Reeves and Carruthers. Daniel Powell wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Potter is another option but I don't thinks he's the type of midfielder we'd be after.
  • Alot of the mk players seem to be outnof contract this season so i imagine he may raid for a few of them.
  • Fairly sure it will be Reeves and Carruthers. Daniel Powell wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Potter is another option but I don't thinks he's the type of midfielder we'd be after.

Potter is 32 and Bowditch is 30. Both good players but I don't think our squad needs more 30-somethings in and around midfield. Carruthers is 23 and Reeves is 25, much closer to the age of player I'd hope us to sign.

It sounded like Carruthers was very good on Saturday, and Reeves looks a very, very tidy player from what I've seen of him. Both would be welcome additions, and would fill our need for a #10 who can also play wide (Reeves) and a central midfield.
  • Reeves' injury history doesn't look great.
  • They're currently trying to find their way to the training ground along with the three players from Bournemouth and Stephen Kelly ;)

I assume it is Shaun Wright Phillips driving them too.
  • edited December 2016

Ryan Colclough ?

Colclough is on loan from Wigan.
  • George Baldock would be a player i'd like us to sign from them.
  • They're currently trying to find their way to the training ground along with the three players from Bournemouth and Stephen Kelly ;)

They are ok now - they got directions from a Moroccan and a Belgian. They got directions from Andy Delorts dad

• Sponsored links:

• Reeves' injury history doesn't look great.

He is nailed on to be one of the two then.
  • When are those three Bournemouth players joining?
  • Potter, Carruthers and Reeves are all out of contract this summer, so I could see any of them coming in. Despite being 32 Potter is highly rated by Robbo.

It is ironic that despite the rhetoric of the regime they have often signed older players on shortterm contracts. Ben Haim, Onewyu, Eagles, Diarra, Johnson, Crofts and Foley being examples.
  • Ryan Colclough ?

Doesn't mean he won't be joining us.

• Chuks aneke is also out of contract, he would be worth giving a contract

I assume it is Shaun Wright Phillips driving them too.
    Hayden Mullins is in the trailer behind them chatting to Darren Purse.
  • Ryan Colclough ?

Doesn't mean he won't be joining us.

Oh no, I agree. I believe he's on loan until the end of the season, but am sure we could get a deal done.
  • Darren Purse seen at Sports Direct in Charlton looking at boots.
  • iamdan said:

Darren Purse seen at Sports Direct in Charlton looking at boots.

Does he not know the difference between Sports Direct and Boots stores?
  • Richard J said:

Potter, Carruthers and Reeves are all out of contract this summer, so I could see any of them coming in. Despite being 32 Potter is highly rated by Robbo.

It is ironic that despite the rhetoric of the regime they have often signed older players on shortterm contracts. Ben Haim, Onewyu, Eagles, Diarra, Johnson, Crofts and Foley being examples.

Indeed MKD let Poyet got back to West Ham (and then to us) because Potter was back from injury and first choice in that position.