Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    charltonJ said:

DJ Campbell seen at training ground

Giving a demo before spinning the decks in the Millennium Suite on Saturday
  • Options

I've heard that Ali Crawford from Hamilton has been linked. £1m Can't see it myself : - )

Should have gone to Specsavers.
    Fanny, leave the quips to the professionals.
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

He's a professional footballer, you'd hope he'd be seen at a training ground now and again, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    ashley said:

I've heard that Ali Campbell from UB40 has been linked .£ 1m in 10 but can't see it myself as so many rivers to cross .

Well quite aptly he has apparently dealt with a rat in his kitchen before so should be a good asset when meeting Roland.
  • Options
    DJ Campbell can Keep On Moving. He thinks he is King but really he is just another Johnny Too Bad who wants to Legalise It Little By Little. He obviously drank too much Red Red Wine with the Man Next Door. There are Plenty More where he came from so we will just Sing Our Own Song for the time being.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

DJ Campbell can Keep On Moving. He thinks he is King but really he is just another Johnny Too Bad who wants to Legalise It Little By Little. He obviously drank too much Red Red Wine with the Man Next Door. There are Plenty More where he came from so we will just Sing Our Own Song for the time being.

Hmm,that's given me Food for Thought
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Apparently Millwall have threatened to report us regarding the ongoing efforts to sign Shaun Williams.

Report us for what?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    tapping up, i guess
  • Options
    Can you tap up during the window?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jdmotion said:

Can you tap up during the window?

If you don't go via the other club, but directly to the player, I suppose so.
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

Katrien has got confused, she's booked him in for Crossbars tomorrow.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Apparently Millwall have threatened to report us regarding the ongoing efforts to sign Shaun Williams.

Would've been at MK with KR.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

What we said about Reeves is tantamount to tapping up too - but it happens every day. We have effectively said to him "Sit tight sunshine - you've got a contract offer in the post"

But I'm glad we are no longer Mr Nice Guy because everyone knows nice guys get shat on

Or maybe we always did it but not quite so put publicly?

Other than when we had joke "coaches" with Driesen doing the recruitment I say we've always had quiet words with players.

Now it's mentioned in press conferences.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Good player but surprised we have gone for him. Centre back/holding midfield player isn't the priority if we are only getting one more in..
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Good player but surprised we have gone for him. Centre back/holding midfield player isn't the priority if we are only getting one more in..
    Dunno... If we play 4-2-3-1 that Robinson favours then we've got Konsa and Crofts to play the two positions in front of the Defence yet if one of those mentioned gets injured then we've got to rely on Jackson... Ulvestad | JFC | Aribo appear to be more attack minded and part of the Midfield three supporting the Striker so wouldnt want them
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Dunno... If we play 4-2-3-1 that Robinson favours then we've got Konsa and Crofts to play the two positions in front of the Defence yet if one of those mentioned gets injured then we've got to rely on Jackson... Ulvestad | JFC | Aribo appear to be more attack minded and part of the Midfield three supporting the Striker so wouldnt want them
    True. Same could be said if Aribo is injured though as I don't think JFC or Ulvestad in a 10 would work.

Not like Roland to leave us short..
  • Options

Redhenry said:

True. Same could be said if Aribo is injured though as I don't think JFC or Ulvestad in a 10 would work.

Not like Roland to leave us short..
    Of course not...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ashley said:

I've heard that Ali Campbell from UB40 has been linked .£ 1m in 10 but can't see it myself as so many rivers to cross .

One in Ten chance of that coming off i reckon
  • Options

ashley said:

Something about Rat in the Boardroom...

• Options

ashley said:

Should be signed in time for the Wimbledon match at Kingstonian Town

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Didn't you know? He's already been down to see Katrien.

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Macronate said:

Oh come on, UB40 puns!!!!

A dark day on this forum.

If it happens again, I'm leaving!
    Food for thought for everyone there.
  • Options
    Can someone start a UB40 thread.
  • Options
    I am the two per cent
    A number on her list