Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    We need to be realistic, will Roland splash the cash!!! Don't be silly does a leopard change his spots!!!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

masicat said:

I watched Huddersfield on TV last week and they have at least 8 players better than Lookman. If he goes to the premier league for £6m I suspect he will go the Poyet route. Very overrated and he represents a little glimmer of hope some supporters have been clinging on to. Happy to go on record, Lookman will never make a premier league player. However, I am biased. I can't stand the bloke who to me represents everything that is wrong in football. Bad attitude and cocky little bugger. Fancy Dan backheeler.

If you got to talk to him, he is none of the above. His Dad and him really like Charlton and Ade only wants to go to a Premier Club where he has got a chance of getting in the First team. He is modest and shy. His relaxed attitude on the pitch looks like he doesn't care. It makes me laugh when people decide what somebody is like without having met them.

I agree about deciding what people are like without meeting them. That would never happen on this forum.
  • Options
    If you were Everton, would you rather buy this guy or Lookman (of course you may not have the choice)

Kasper Dolberg, Ajax

The latest in a long line of Danish teenagers to emerge from Ajax’s academy, Dolberg shot to prominence in November after scoring a hat-trick against NAC Breda in 37 minutes, including an impudent flick header that drew comparisons with Marco van Basten. “I see many similarities,” Dolberg’s father Flemming immodestly said. “If he goes like him that’s very good, of course. They are the same size, same speed and both have a good shot.” Everton have been strongly linked with an approach for the 19-year-old in January but the bad news for Ronald Koeman is that bigger fish are starting to circulate for him and the talented midfielder Riechedly Bazoer, with Manchester City, Juventus and Napoli all sending scouts to recent matches. Estimated value £10m
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Mentioned on another thread, apparently Lookman is a done deal to Everton. This was done a few weeks ago just after Bolaise got injured. Rising to 5.7m.

So LESS than we supposedly turn down in the summer?
    Ah, but who works on our deals?
  • Options
    He is quite small for a premier league player though. He would have to be top notch at that size to get a first team space.

I hope Karl's got his plan ready for his discussions with Duchatelet tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

masicat said:

I watched Huddersfield on TV last week and they have at least 8 players better than Lookman. If he goes to the premier league for £6m I suspect he will go the Poyet route. Very overrated and he represents a little glimmer of hope some supporters have been clinging on to. Happy to go on record, Lookman will never make a premier league player. However, I am biased. I can't stand the bloke who to me represents everything that is wrong in football. Bad attitude and cocky little bugger. Fancy Dan backheeler.

I'm happy to go on record and say that I think you represent everything that is wrong with the modern day English football fan. Constantly bemoaning that players 'show no passion', 'don't play for the shirt', or are 'overpaid and pampered' because they don't fit your perception that a football player should be running around like a headless chicken putting in crunching tackles constantly. Further aside the sort of fan who will get on a young players back if he tries a skill or pass and it does not come off - no wonder we are so far behind our foreign counterparts when it comes to technical ability.

I personally don't believe that a 19 year old who has played 45 games and scored 10 goals in what has generally been a poor team would be in this position if he had a 'bad attitude'. And if you take the time to watch this video of what people who know him have to say (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RemU-uTD1O8), or watch this interview with him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYoAjl8R_SY&t=23s.) he actually comes across as the opposite to what you think.

In reply. If you took the time to research you would know exactly what I think of 'getting on players backs'. Any player wearing the shirt is supported by me and never booed. Believe it or not I include Roger Johnson in that. But watching this whinger moaning and groaning against Peterborough when I have paid good money to watch the bloody game drove me nuts. So, you should retract as you are wrong. Even the Messis and Ronaldos of this world have to put in a shift. He is not good enough to freewheel when we are sitting freezing bloody cold watching the dross we have been watching for the last few years. If he tried as hard as Magennis he could hold his head up, but he doesnt. Fox never hides and gets booed off, he hides and gets clapped. So if I represent everything that is wrong then do be it. In these times when austerity is banded around I like to see players earn the vast sums we are paying them. Have a nice day ..
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Mentioned on another thread, apparently Lookman is a done deal to Everton. This was done a few weeks ago just after Bolaise got injured. Rising to 5.7m.

I thought we Turned down 2.5m.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

It was supposed to be £6m
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I reckon that was tosh from the club.

On Sky deadline day there was no information coming from palice of interest.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Katie spin
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Katie spin
    As I said "supposed" to be.

Meire made a point of saying that was the amount turned down at the time and again in November to Bromley Addicks.
  • Options
    Super duper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Katie spin
    As I said "supposed" to be.

Meire made a point of saying that was the amount turned down at the time and again in November to Bromley Addicks.
    Oh dear!
    Was told that Palace bid 2.5m, we wanted 5m.
  • Options
    Why the bloody hell does everyone else seem to get a loan back but us. Didn't Alli go back to Mk for a season?
  • Options
    If it is £10m then it isn't a terrible deal but it relies on two things. First how that deal is structured, Installments, bonuses etc. and second more importantly if and how that money is reinvested into the team.

So yes, it's a terrible deal then.
  • Options

Why the bloody hell does everyone else seem to get a loan back but us. Didn't Alli go back to Mk for a season?

6 months
  • Options
    Any fee will go into RD's pocket and NOT to clear any debt.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

masicat said:

I'm happy to go on record and say that I think you represent everything that is wrong with the modern day English football fan. Constantly bemoaning that players 'show no passion', 'don't play for the shirt', or are 'overpaid and pampered' because they don't fit your perception that a football player should be running around like a headless chicken putting in crunching tackles constantly. Further aside the sort of fan who will get on a young players back if he tries a skill or pass and it does not come off - no wonder we are so far behind our foreign counterparts when it comes to technical ability.

I personally don't believe that a 19 year old who has played 45 games and scored 10 goals in what has generally been a poor team would be in this position if he had a 'bad attitude'. And if you take the time to watch this video of what people who know him have to say (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RemU-uTD1O8), or watch this interview with him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYoAjl8R_SY&t=23s.) he actually comes across as the opposite to what you think.
    Excellent post, I totally agree.
    Seconded, I care very little about how much "passion" players have. Care far more about close control, vision, and tactical nous.

It's worth remembering that the fees bandied about in the press regarding transfers are often either nonsense, or dependent on a number of variables. I personally think, given that Lookman is a regular England U-20 international, 10m is toward the low end--I'm assuming that will be "all in," what the fee will be if all clauses are triggered. I think if you looked at his teammates at bigger clubs, they'd bring in a lot more.

Redhenry's comment about 5.7m would be absolutely ridiculous. RH is rarely wrong and clearly well connected, so I'm not doubting you, but for a young, talented English attacking player, that would be laughable.

If we do sell, I hope we have a clause to get him back on loan for six months.
  • Options
    Everton wanted to reduce fee if we wanted a loan back, 5.7m still sounds like a good deal to me. Not convinced he's PL material but for a club like Everton he's worth a punt.
  • Options
    I am surprised that some cannot see the talent the lad has.

Worth every penny and more of £10 million in this day and age.
  • Options
    Some people on here are either insane or nothug about football. He'll continue to be a brilliant player. Honestly it troubles me that we get an amazing exciting young player ans all people can do is moan a out him.