Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK DONS vs CHARLTON - POST MATCH VIEWS

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Dead atmosphere, was like watching a preseason friendly/ a reserve game.

I thought we got battered in the first half, and couldn't quite believe how we went 1 up before half time, finishing was the days difference.

I got nervous and n the fret half every time the ball cam int the box.

We did improve a bit in the 2nd half, but the squad looks lacked no in depth and quality.

Hope KR stands his ground on his trip to Belgium , about what we need, but won't be holding my breathe.

Not sure I could put up,with watching this week in, week,out, fair play to those of you who do.
  • Options
    A wins a win, please give Konsa a rest.
  • Options
    oops !
    ..team that scored 4 this afternoon. It won't be pretty...

A win is a win but Lifers not making the trip today should be under no illusion that things are improving in the camp. Too many changes of personnel & training methods, too few experienced players & inevitable injuries has surely affected this already unbalanced squad of lads and coupled with the uncertainty around the club itself which only an owner of Duchatelet's incompetence can engender, all concerned must wonder what's coming next...

If they don't, we certainly do.
  • Options
    This describes it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt9nLGnAvlY

I'll take it though...
  • Options
    Dire, masked by a good goal. Could have been three down before that.
  • Options
    Roland the headless Thompson gunner
  • Options
    The key to making the play offs was being within touch and a good window - where the deficiencies in the team were fixed. I would say the first part will be met - in that a good run will see us in the play off places - in an unspectacular league. My issue has always been with the second part of the requirement. This ownership has cocked up every window despite spending money - I have no expectations that this one will be any different.
  • Options

Crofts is a lot better then what people give him credit for

He isn't a bad player per se, but the combinations we can field in the centre require more of him than he is capable of.
  • Options

KR insists on playing 4-2-3-1 which renders Ajose redundant - surely 3-5-2 better until Holmes returns

Good point. Also, why pump high balls to a bloke up front on his own? Who's he going to flick it on to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

from KR post match interview:

KR: "Hopefully, 100%. I’m going to meet the President tomorrow; me, my captain and my staff. STVV play Standard Liege at home, so we’re going over on the train to watch that and speak about what we can do in January. It’ll be nice to take in a game and discuss how we take this great club forward.”

What do you think he's on, E to keep him happy or acid to alter his view of reality?
  • Options

from KR post match interview:

KR: "Hopefully, 100%. I’m going to meet the President tomorrow; me, my captain and my staff. STVV play Standard Liege at home, so we’re going over on the train to watch that and speak about what we can do in January. It’ll be nice to take in a game and discuss how we take this great club forward.”

What do you think he's on, E to keep him happy or acid to alter his view of reality?
    Not sure, but if he's got any speed perhaps Karl can bring some back for our centre midfield
  • Options
    Does Karl Gobshite have the worse goals per game ratio of any Charlton manager in the Belgian era (s)?

And what on earth makes the idiot think a. that Roland will be watching a football match and b. that if he had anything to discuss about Charlton he would not speak to his man Congo Chris.
  • Options
    He'll probably be discussing it over a dance after the game, I hear it's a tradition over there.
  • Options
    The padded seat was comfortable, the ground impressive and it was lovely and quiet because there was hardly anyone there. The football? A pile of shit. That's it.
  • Options
    Superb pass to Lookman for the goal
  • Options
    Yep yep... Crofts didn't impress overall, but that was a superb through ball. Even more impressive on TV as I had more perspective on the distance involved.

Credit to Lookman, too. He still had a fair bit to do!
  • Options
    So it turns out it was Rojo who nearly gave away the penalty in injury time. Thanks to @LouisMend for that update, which the Sky clip shows.

7 minutes. That was all the time he was asked, to perform like a professional defender. If he is still here, and Konza gone in Feb, there will be no words....
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    redsek said:

The padded seat was comfortable, the ground impressive and it was lovely and quiet because there was hardly anyone there. The football? A pile of shit. That's it.

But what about the post match dancing? You can't just miss out one of the most important aspects of the day like that.
  • Options

Superb pass to Lookman for the goal

Poor timing right before the transfer window. Roland will say Crofts can be our number 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016

Yep yep... Crofts didn't impress overall, but that was a superb through ball. Even more impressive on TV as I had more perspective on the distance involved.

Credit to Lookman, too. He still had a fair bit to do!

Credit to Lookman for recovering as well...

It was a terrible first touch from him and a quicker Goalkeeper would have dashed out and got to it, was an excellent finish from him!!