Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK DONS vs CHARLTON - POST MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Options

On the way back home.what an awful game with 2 awful teams.should of been 3 or 4 down but sometimes you have to ride your luck and we rode it today.great finish from Ade.lovely stadium but atmosphere was shit.was it Nugent or Barker wearing shorts standing in technical area most of the game?

Barker.
    Thanks. couldnt see who it was from where i was sitting.
  • Options
    Encouraging. Lets hope we pick up enough points in January to get us to the fringes of the play-offs.
  • Options
    Massive thank you to @ross1 and @Alwaysneil for doing the minute-by-minute. Great work from both of you.

Didn't sound pretty, but it sounded like we had the one moment of true class. That can be good enough to gain promotion, as long as you're not relying on one or two moments week in, week out (which we currently are).

MK Dons have an alright first 11, most of whom were playing in the Championship last year. Oh how nice it would be if we could prize Reeves away, sounded really good again today.

Just going on the commentary, sounded like Bauer won a lot of headers and generally got in the way of things, and sounded like Tex was starting to find form, particularly in the second half. It felt like MKD overloaded the right and that Konsa got turned inside out a few times.

To be fair to Robinson, sounded like the 4-3-3 just about worked, giving Freddie more freedom and covering for the shortcomings of JJ and Crofts. Again, can't expect it every week, but got three points today.

A good start to Boxing Day. Coming up on 11am here, so think I'll get a nice little kip in then do some things around the house. Hope you all have been enjoying your holiday.
  • Options
    A much needed win which at least eases the pressure on KR a bit. By the sound of it not much quality on show but it's a start. Our season will depend on who we can bring in to strengthen the squad in January as well as who stays. Too early yet in my view to pass serious judgement on how KR will do, but I suspect things will need to look a fair bit better by say the end of Feb or RD may make yet another change.
  • Options
    Just had a quick skim of the league table. It's a tight league but be interested to hear who thinks we can make the play offs based on current team, Roland selling Lookman in Jan and what, if any players KR is allowed to sign
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Crofts is a lot better then what people give him credit for

I'm starting to agree with this.

He was our best player (granted that doesn't say much) against P'Boro and Millwall.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just had a quick skim of the league table. It's a tight league but be interested to hear who thinks we can make the play offs based on current team, Roland selling Lookman in Jan and what, if any players KR is allowed to sign

If we had played a half decent side today on that performance we'd have been trounced. That team is a million miles from a play-off contender. Fully fit squad as is - fringe of the play-offs as the midfield is shite.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

If KR can bring in 2-3 decent midfielders, with a box-to-box and a number 10 being the priority, and maybe get a winger in to replace Lookman and also get Holmes back soon then i think we've a good chance of making the play offs. We might even see Kashi at some point too!!
    Aside from the top 3 who are well clear and unlikely to be caught, there's really not much between the rest of this division. 9 points currently separates 4th from 16th so anyone can make the last 3 play off spots.
  • Options
    Dire dire game as mentioned above, first game I've got to for a while and while Lookman's finish was superb, was frustrated how often he tries something 'flashy' rather than a basic pass, clearance, etc. Also surprised at the barracking Fox gets during a game where he was certainly no better but definitely no worse than the 'favourites' - Phillips's kicking is atrocious, Konsa exposed, the limitations and immobility of the midfield mentioned every week, but really hampers our ability both to break at pace, and support get around Ajose and Magennis.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

from KR post match interview:

KR: "Hopefully, 100%. I’m going to meet the President tomorrow; me, my captain and my staff. STVV play Standard Liege at home, so we’re going over on the train to watch that and speak about what we can do in January. It’ll be nice to take in a game and discuss how we take this great club forward.”

Twit, he has been invited over to choose which players he wants from STVV. Someone let him know before he sets off.
    He and Skip to act as Roly's human shield.
  • Options
    Hopefully, 100%. Strange thing to say.
  • Options
    PWR.

Not long back, and it is great that we got the three points.

Don't be fooled that it was a convincing win against a poor MKD side, it wasn't and indeed they may well have taken the lead in the first quarter but for some desperate defending on our part, and their inability to connect with the ball at crucial moments.
    We were very pedestrian more or less throughout, but a defensive mistake, and a neat through ball to Lookman who rifled it in across the keeper in quite ruthless style changed the game. It was handy that Dean Bowditch had just been substituted and MKD were sorting themselves out a little bit.
    After that we didn't look in any particular danger without posing any sustained threat ourselves. There were fleeting moments at both ends but we held on to be deserved winners taking the game overall.
    There remains a hell of a lot of remedial work needed to make Charlton Athletic look like a team, but we survived the game intact and the result slightly alleviates the results against Peterborough and Millwall.
    Nobody particularly stood out for us, Konsa got better against their best player as the game went on, and Phillips was decent I thought. poor old isolated Josh Magennis and also Nicky Ajose were no threatening force up front today, and there needs to be a bit of a re-think about our attacking play.
  • Options
    OMG, the wicked witch is going with them. I hope JJ can gat a photo when Robbo says we need Lookman to stay and 5 new players. Could be the shock that kills him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Been saying all season cobbles we will make the play offs still think we will.
    Not seen us in the last 3 games last game was Bradford and more than held our own,am a bit worried the players only turn up when I'm there.
  • Options

Just be grateful the club is not run by the sort of morons who would sell Lookman in January.

Or promise that they would come back on loan for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    I trust Johnson doesn't get his first win bonus since returning for his 3 minute spell?
  • Options
    It's called winning ugly!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Assuming 74pts for the play-offs, we'd need to show the form of Scunny & Sheffield Utd for the rest of the season to have any chance - I can't see that happening: even if it did, given Roland's lack of interest & aspiration, I couldn't see us lasting very long back in the Championship
  • Options
    The highlight available here: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10708960/mk-dons-0-1-charlton. Looks like they should've been 3 up before we scored! Way it goes sometimes...
  • Options
    First half we were fortunate that MK could not finish one of half a dozen good chances. Konsa being exposed many times. We then scored a great goal against the run of play
    Second half, we played a better game with some good possession.
    Ajose /Magennis not on the same wavelength. Lookman the only positve forward playing man on the Charlton side.
    We certainly need to sign at least one creative midfielder and a forward if this season is to turn around
  • Options
    Dire game. Very flat atmosphere you'll get more noise at a snooker final. Mk should have been 2up at half time. How there player missed that chance open goal. lookman goal was well taken. I thought we were a bit negative in some of the passing. And Philips taking the free kicks kept going out for a throwing. Are number 8 played well so did fox. Robinson must be tired doing all these tv interviews as he sat on his ass most of the game. Can't be to bad we got a win. Nice ground. Stewards were good.
  • Options

Indeed one of the worst Charlton wins i have ever seen. But it is true that in the second half Philips wasnt troubled once. So I suppose it was a professional performance 2ndnhalf. It just wasn't any kind of fun. The most fun in the second half was Johnsons reception. It was really unanimously vicious.

And that was the most soulless ground I have ever visited. Not surprising. Club football doesnt belong there. Its a fraud. No way were there 10,000 in there. At least we took 3 points off the fraudsters

Fun? You should have stayed for the dancing.