Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic Women at The Valley Sunday January 8th 1PM

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
Fancy watching some decent football at The Valley?

Sunday 8th January see's the woman team take on Portsmouth in the 2nd round of the FA Cup, kick off 1pm.

Entry for the match will be £5 for adults and £2 for concessions and Charlton season ticket holders, free for accompanied U12s. Tickets will go on sale from Thursday 29th December and I believe on the day as well, but don't miss out, get booking come the 29th!

All gate receipts will go to Charlton Athletic's women's team.

It would be great if as many people as possible could come along, the standard is very high and the games are really enjoyable. So for once pop down to the Valley and really enjoy a game of football. As above, all gate receipts will go to the Women's Club which really needs the funds.

Bring some smiles back into the Valley and come down and cheer on the reds!

A few to watch out for;

Avila Bergin - Number 11, can play up front but often on the wing, and get this, puts in a mean cross or free kick and her corners clear the first woman, I know - who'd have thought that was possible;

Kim Dixon - Number 4, and just like our Johnny, Captain marvellous and Charlton to the core. The real engine room and heart of the midfield, pretty tough in the challenge too, I quote "Every time we play at The Valley it is special, for me especially being a Charlton fan."

Kit Graham - Number 16, Mendonca has nothing on this lady. Finds the back of the net with frequency and accuracy, think she gets the odd hat trick to.

Ruby Southgate - my favourite and number 22, consistency is her middle name and despite her size is strong in the challenge, plays right back - remind you of anyone?

Any questions please let me know but I know the ladies would really welcome a crowd. It's not often they get to play at the Valley so the West stand as full as possible will really drive them on.

To wet the taste buds, they have already played Portsmouth twice this season, both games ended 4-2 to the reds. Thats as guaranteed as you can get to seeing a Charlton win at the Valley this season........

Comments