Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Bye Joe.

If you don't want to be here, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ROLAND - Same message to you.
  • seth plum said:

If Roland can get some money for Joe in January he will do that rather than no money at the end of the season, especially if he has the nous for add ons.
    The money will go towards losses.

He may not have a choice unfortunately. Joe can agree a pre-contract from 1st Jan with no input from Charlton. At that point it doesn't matter who bids what, no-one can stop him from signing that deal, and if his heart is set on a move to Germany that's where he'll go. The best Roland could hope for from that point on is that Frankfurt or whomever are willing to bung him a tenner to take Joe early rather than waiting until July. If Roland has any intention to be Rolanding in January he would have to be hawking Joe around to anyone who will listen in England now in the hopes that the deal can be wrapped up at the start of the window, which probably wouldn't be ideal for Joe's match focus.
  • edited December 2018
    Halix said:

Can someone amend the title of this post, I went from joy to despair in about 30 secs.

Me too. Saw this a few hours ago and even liked the first post before noticing the year when it was post.... Nice the title has been changed now though.
  • great player and got a great future ahead of him. Ideally I would like to see him stay until the end of the season. Sure RD has other plans. Can't see him being with us next season
  • Bad, predictable news... but the fact it's the Bundesliga is a big silver lining if it means he stays until the end of the season at least.

Shame is that I could see him staying if we went up to the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

great player and got a great future ahead of him. Ideally I would like to see him stay until the end of the season. Sure RD has other plans. Can't see him being with us next season

Unless we win promotion.
    We have several players out of contract in the summer.
    What division we are in next season could be a factor as to them accepting a new contract or not.
  • I'll be gutted to lose him, and outraged if we don't get good money for him, even though I should be used to this level of incompetence by now.

Just a bit suspicious, though. Frankfurt? That's a big club who would see off the likes of Everton. Currently walking it at the top of their Europa League group with a 100% record, a group which includes Lazio and Marseilles. Usually selling out their 51,000 capacity. That's a big jump for a player whom I love to watch but who has often not looked like he can do it for 90 minutes this season.
  • I'll be gutted to lose him, and outraged if we don't get good money for him, even though I should be used to this level of incompetence by now.

Just a bit suspicious, though. Frankfurt? That's a big club who would see off the likes of Everton. Currently walking it at the top of their Europa League group with a 100% record, a group which includes Lazio and Marseilles. Usually selling out their 51,000 capacity. That's a big jump for a player whom I love to watch but who has often not looked like he can do it for 90 minutes this season.

Yes, I'm slightly suspicious of a decent but hardly stand out L1 player being linked with a decent Bundesliga club
  • J BLOCK said:

I'll be gutted to lose him, and outraged if we don't get good money for him, even though I should be used to this level of incompetence by now.

I hope he goes on a free. No point being outraged that Roland doesn't get himself a large sum of cash which we know he won't invest.
    I must admit, that's a good point!

• edited December 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Bye Joe.

If you don't want to be here, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ROLAND - Same message to you.

Roland yes
    Joe No

Lets be honest how would u feel if your boss offered you a contract, retracted it the offerrd you another 1 half the money as the 1st offer, you would tell them to go fuck themselves, so why should Joe be any different
    Yes to both of them. Joe should have signed a bit quicker if he wanted the extension or not challenged the initial offer. Obviously there was a delay and a disagreement between Aribo's agent and the club that caused the initial offer to be pulled.

Duchatelet being as pathetic as he is probably saw a counter as offensive and so retracted and changed the offer.

Shame that it'll no doubt be another youth lost for pennies, but he is replaceable in my opinion... The challenge is working around RD to get it done, as let's be honest he is going nowhere.
  • How many other players can sign pre-contracts this Jan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Zero chance of us holding onto Aribo past January. I suspect some sort of deal is already in place. Sadly I think that might apply to Paddy as well although it might be in the summer for him.
  • very interesting just had Shaun Derry come in the shop who is assistant to Robinson at Oxford, was chatting to him, and saying about how season is going injuries etc, both agreed Sunderland and Pompey should be in automatics, but mentioned players out of contract will determine what happens with January window, he reckons Birmingham are in for Aribo. With Robinson giving him his chance wonder whether he has the inside knowledge from his agent.
  • obviously likes me
  • Joe's the only central midfielder we have with the energy to get up and down the pitch and the ability to carry the ball at pace. Without him we'll go back to the soul destroying static team we've seen over the last few years and we can kiss any hopes of promotion goodbye.

We can sign back Andrew Crofts and Kevin Foley to get us through to the summer.
  • If/when Aribo goes I will be gutted. He has it all for a midfielder, at the moment he is like a jack of all trades master of none, in the next 2/3 years he could be a premier League player imo, just needs to work on his concentration and decision making. If he goes in January I don't fancy us going up, he is one of the first names on the sheet along with Taylor, Pearce etc and who could replace him in our squad, Reeves at a push but he doesn't have the pace, strength or trickery Joe has.

The thought of where we could be with an ambitious owner depresses me

• addick05 said:

seth plum said:

If Roland can get some money for Joe in January he will do that rather than no money at the end of the season, especially if he has the nous for add ons.
    The money will go towards losses.

Afraid this looks more than likely. He probably won't be the only one. And here we were getting all worked up and excited after Tuesday night. Can't stay positive for too long if you're a Charlton fan.

Dont forget that the player has to agree to move though. Roly cant force the lad to go to Derby, and he can sign with a pre contract with benfica or whoever in jan. If i eas Joe id'd sit tight and get myself the best deal. He's a gifted footballer and his next move is very important
  • vffvff
    edited December 2018
    The usual promotion push for Charlton, by Duchatelet where he lets the best young players at the club go because there is no long term strategy beyond the myopic short term of his pocket. Utterly shite and rubbish strategy from Duchatelet that has been going for the last 4 seasons. When will that utter numpty & footballing dimwit Duchatelet sell ?
  • So basically, it looks like he will stay till the end of the season then leave on a free. Hopefully he will help get us promoted this season :)