Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• Options
    In the happy world
    Happy world of aribo.

We still want Roland out,
    We want Roland out
    We want Roland out

Happy world of Aribo
    Happy world of Aribo

• Options
    Sage said:

Not sugar-coating anything here, Aribo has bags of energy and a sweet left foot, he doesn't cola bottle out of challenges either.

Definitely going to be a good player for us in future.

He's got Tangfastic potential, & could be a Star(mix) in the making!

(I'll get me coat!)
  • Options
    Stefco said:

Sage said:

Not sugar-coating anything here, Aribo has bags of energy and a sweet left foot, he doesn't cola bottle out of challenges either.

Definitely going to be a good player for us in future.

He's got Tangfastic potential, & could be a Star(mix) in the making!

(I'll get me coat!)
    Best you do, bye. :-)
  • Options

Scoham said:

Best signing from non-league since Bradley Pritchard/Nick Pope? Signed as a pro from Staines and went into our u21s.

Why has it taken so long to give him a go? Slade being cautious (like his tactics) and overrating Foley, Crofts and Jackson I guess.

Lookman...?
    Wasnt from Non-League though

Waterloo arent actually a Non-League side they're more Sunday League arent they?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

seth plum said:

Today @PaddyP17 came up with.

'His name's like a sweet
    His name's like a swee eet
    Joe Aribo
    His name's like a sweet'

That's bad

That's generous
  • Options
    MOM for me yesterday by a country mile
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

MOM for me yesterday by a country mile

Completely agree. A real refreshing change to see some strong legs in midfield getting up and down the pitch. Would much rather he starts every match than our loanee from Burnley!

I think the lad has real potential.
  • Options
    Aribo seems more robust than Lookman and is better at set pieces - early days for his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute quality player. Set up 4 goals in 2 games. Let's hope we can see him longer than a season
  • Options
    If he keeps this form up, it won't take long for the word to get around and he'll be sold in the summer
  • Options
    I bet Chicksen is glad that someone else has come in and taken the pun mantle from him.
  • Options

Josh Magennis loves them so
    The perfect cross from Aribo!

And we have a winner...
  • Options
    Amazing that last summer he was only given a one year deal, so clearly the club at the time weren't completely confident about him. Less than 6 months later, it's quickly extended to 2019!
  • Options

Amazing that last summer he was only given a one year deal, so clearly the club at the time weren't completely confident about him. Less than 6 months later, it's quickly extended to 2019!

Or you could argue the short contract was to get him to pull up his socks and earn a new contract....which worked
  • Options
    He's Joe Aribo
    He's Joe Aribo
    He's Just Tangfastic
    He's Joe Aribo

I'll get me coat
  • Options

Aribo seems more robust than Lookman and is better at set pieces - early days for his career.

Looks a prospect but I don't see him in Lookmans class.
  • Options

Agree - and in some ways that may allow us to keep him for another couple of seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Reckon you're right but maybe more of a team player which will hopefully make us a better side.
  • Options

Didnt the same happen with Morgan Fox when he was in the Youth teams?... I swear he was going to be released (maybe because of injury) and earned a short term contract to try and prove his worth?
  • Options
    I'm assuming that those who likened him to Veira after Southend haven't seen Viera play. Was ok today, an average performance enhanced by two crosses which resulted in goals.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He's not "the next Vieira" he's "the first Joe Aribo"

I felt today he was meh with the exception of his 3 assists. Then I wondered when a Charlton player last got a hat trick of assists....

Lets not forget he is both young and raw still - safe to say he'll need more game time but he's made a pretty respectable start to his career as an Addick

JBG at Rotherham?
  • Options

I'm assuming that those who likened him to Veira after Southend haven't seen Viera play. Was ok today, an average performance enhanced by two crosses which resulted in goals.

I don't think anybody is saying Aribo is a World Cup winning captain just yet, it's just shorthand for describing his style. Three assists later, you'll have to forgive us for getting a little excited about something Charlton related for a change.
  • Options
    After the dross at set pieces this season its refreshing to see a player who can at least deliver a dangerous ball - the importance of this shouldnt be underestimated.
  • Options
    I'm not sure his style is particularly Vieira like anyway, Vieira never took corners and free kicks for Arsenal for a start!

Aribo seems lighter on his feet but hasn't got the defensive power Vieira had.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Definitely going to be a good player for uswhoever we sell him to in future.

Fixed.
  • Options
    You'll never get past aribo...He's magic you knowwwwwww..Youll never get past aribo