Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• I have absolutely no doubt Aribo will be gone this summer. I am also confident  that if a decent offer comes in for Taylor then he will be gone too. Roland is not about building anything team wise. He’ll provide 11 players and that’s all. 
  • Aribo going to rangers. 
  • Aribo will go come what may. As much as that pains us as fans, the thought that £3m or£4m is walking out the door will hurt one particular individual even more. 
  • Aribo going to rangers. 
    No chance that's happening until we see the result of the final. He'd be better off with us in the Championship than up there.
  • it will soften the blow if his last act with us is promotion ditto Bauer. If we don't go up and both go that will sting a bit 
  • Over the last 10 years only Gomez has gone on to fulfil his potential. Shelvey is probably next & to a certain extent Rob Elioot & Nick Pope. Konsa, Cousins & Grant are muddling along in mid table Championship teams. Look man is stagnating at Everton & needs to go somewhere where he can  play regularly. Probably top end Championship.

It's all about Money. I don't begrudge a player trying to better himself, but most will already be on far more than their counterparts will ever be at their ages. Just depends if Aribo wants to play every week or sit & count his money. 
    How do you manage to work out Huddersfield are a mid table champ club? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Over the last 10 years only Gomez has gone on to fulfil his potential. Shelvey is probably next & to a certain extent Rob Elioot & Nick Pope. Konsa, Cousins & Grant are muddling along in mid table Championship teams. Look man is stagnating at Everton & needs to go somewhere where he can  play regularly. Probably top end Championship.

It's all about Money. I don't begrudge a player trying to better himself, but most will already be on far more than their counterparts will ever be at their ages. Just depends if Aribo wants to play every week or sit & count his money. 
    Over the last 10 years only Gomez has gone on to fulfil his potential. Shelvey is probably next & to a certain extent Rob Elioot & Nick Pope. Konsa, Cousins & Grant are muddling along in mid table Championship teams. Look man is stagnating at Everton & needs to go somewhere where he can  play regularly. Probably top end Championship.

Because they finished bottom if the Premuer League with the joint worst points tally ever. I expect the top 6-8 Championship clubs would have fared just as well, if not better. Huddersfield will be mid table next year.

Over the last 10 years only Gomez has gone on to fulfil his potential. Shelvey is probably next & to a certain extent Rob Elioot & Nick Pope. Konsa, Cousins & Grant are muddling along in mid table Championship teams. Look man is stagnating at Everton & needs to go somewhere where he can  play regularly. Probably top end Championship.

Because they finished bottom if the Premuer League with the joint worst points tally ever. I expect the top 6-8 Championship clubs would have fared just as well, if not better. Huddersfield will be mid table next year.
    Golfie “logic”. Don’t try and think about it, just play along and smile.

(Note to Golfie: the status of clubs can go up as well as down)

Bizarre logic.

Season before West brom were bottom.......yet they made the Championship play offs and Swansea and Stoke were nowhere.

Season before that, Sunderland were bottom...........and then went down again.

It's impossible to tell but if anything you'd say Huddersfield should do ok next season because they don't have a ton of expensive players on high wages that they need to get rid of. Not like (for example Stoke and Villa) sides who've gone down and had to rip their squad up and start again.
  • https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1132262466187137024?s=21
    Just got sent this by my villa supporting mate asking if Joe was any good.

Must be alphabetically!
  • LTKapal said:
    https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1132262466187137024?s=21
    Just got sent this by my villa supporting mate asking if Joe was any good.

Tell him his pony, not worth a rub 🙄😏😂
  • Aribo is a great player and full of promise, but when you compare him to the likes of Lookman, Gomez, Shelvey etc. I don't think he is anywhere near that quality at the same age/slightly older. Think he is max top half Championship atm
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like a goodbye to me
  • I think he will wait for our offer before making a decision.
  • Didn't realise how good his pass for the first goal was until this morning. 
  • Why can't we just enjoy the feeling of winning at wembley for at least a week before some get suicidal on who is going and staying. 
    Alot of it is agent talk to get the best deal for the player.
    Most important signings will be Bows , Jacko and Gallen , the rest will then come out in the wash. 
  • Aribo would be better off staying with us for one more season to show whether he can step up. Otherwise he is likely to get splinters but with plenty of dosh. 
  • Why can't we just enjoy the feeling of winning at wembley for at least a week before some get suicidal on who is going and staying. 
    Most important signings will be Bows , Jacko and Gallen , the rest will then come out in the wash. 
    Agreed - we need Bowyer signed up first and quickly. It is harsh that you don't get time to just enjoy the glory, but planning needs to have started and you can't plan at all until you know who is in charge! 
  • Aribo is a great player and full of promise, but when you compare him to the likes of Lookman, Gomez, Shelvey etc. I don't think he is anywhere near that quality at the same age/slightly older. Think he is max top half Championship atm
    He doesn’t need to be as good as them to play in the Prem. I think he’ll make it there eventually, just like Dale Stephens did.
    Because the truth is other clubs will have already have started to put their plans for next season into place, we can’t even begin making those plans.

Next season will already be tough as it is without a lack of preparation also counting against us.

Shelvey was full of promise but hasn't really kicked on. With rumours he is leaving Newcastle he could become a journeyman midfielder and end up playing for a ton of bottom half clubs. Gomez is another level but plays for a top club, Aribo doesn't have to be at his level to play in the Prem.