Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland's end game

2»

Comments

• Options
    It is likely the protest that were needed to highlight our plight to the wider football audience and media, may well be the thing that drags out Roland's tenure.

My belief is the egoistical clown will not like to feel he has been pushed out, thus he will dig his heels in deeper to staying until there is an opportunity when his pride won't seemingly take a dent.

In the meantime there is a distinct possibility of CAFC falling in to the 4th tier league for the first time at some point in the next couple of seasons.
  • Options
    The word is out.
    Roland out.
  • Options
    The perfect end game would be he sells us to a billionaire who wants the club to run by Varney and a few fans....and Roland takes his cash and buys Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

It's interesting to me as well what happens in Jan. Could we see a fire sale of players ahead of putting the club up for sale in the summer. I doubt we'll get promoted. I do believe that if we don't go up then RD will have another big decision to make. Does he dip into his pocket and fund another season at a cost of £7m or whatever it is (albeit charging it to the club as a loan with interest).

Also, knowing that we're another 2 seasons away from the Prem. will he even stump up funds for new players? I think the end of this season could be a watershed moment for him as he weighs up his age, the fact that he's sitting on a lame duck (his fault) and it's just gonna keep costing him dough

The only other thing that may stop him is belligerence

Due to FFP this can only happen in a limited way, afterwhich it has to be cash.
  • Options
    Its a good question.

The Standard fans really got under his skin though. Fellow Belgians, but representing all he thinks is wrong with the direction of the country. I dont think he feels that from us, but thinks we are cut from the same cloth.

There have been signs that his son who owns Ujpest recognises some of his father's weaknesses.

Its my biggest worry, that when he sells, his only criterion is what he gets. For us it would probably be best if we were sold to a Varney related buyer but he seems to have set himself against that
  • Options
    His network idea fell apart after selling Standard Liege.

I don't think he's vindictive, but someone who has 100% belief in his ideas, even if they've been failing for the previous 3 years.

Our squad may not be good enough, but he still spent good money on players in the summer. The likes of Pearce, Ajose, Magennis would have cost decent fees or wages. The extra wages spent during the Riga era on Teixeira, Fanni, Motta etc can't have been cheap

Even discounting the flops out on loan we are still paying for and the likes of Ba, I expect our wage bill is still in the top 6 in the division. We're like the underperforming clubs we used to laugh at back in the 90s.
  • Options

I genuinely think we will still be having this discussion in five years.

The fear of this wandered my finger over the flag trigger.

Another 5 years of Duchatelet, Meire, keohane would be much too long a nightmare.

While he may be slightly autistic and possibly insane, certainly stubborn, it's not worth 5 years of your life Duchatelet, we can help you leave, no worries.
  • Options
    It's a worry. Is he really losing much money with the sales of players ? Enough to make the man of his wealth be concerned ? I think he thinks it's working after a couple of dodgy years. He's not going angwhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This has always concerned me.....how vindictive is he by nature?
    Do any of our contacts in Belgium have any examples of vindictiveness in his business dealings, football related issues or simply his character in general.
    Can we get a heads-up somehow from someone with the 'right connections' to find out?
    He also has a couple of sons I believe who had the right hump/words with some of the Belgium20 on one occasion in a bar in St Trudien, as a family there may be some kick back in some way from that episode from them or him I suppose....just a thought.
    This is in no way a dig at B20 by the way......you had to do or say what you had to on the day at the place at the time.

It was two of his grandchildren that had words with two of our guys...

As for Roland he has many enemys but still do business together with one another.

He is going to sell the club one day, lets just hope it is soon .

• Options
    cabbles said:

It's interesting to me as well what happens in Jan. Could we see a fire sale of players ahead of putting the club up for sale in the summer. I doubt we'll get promoted. I do believe that if we don't go up then RD will have another big decision to make. Does he dip into his pocket and fund another season at a cost of £7m or whatever it is (albeit charging it to the club as a loan with interest).

Also, knowing that we're another 2 seasons away from the Prem. will he even stump up funds for new players? I think the end of this season could be a watershed moment for him as he weighs up his age, the fact that he's sitting on a lame duck (his fault) and it's just gonna keep costing him dough

The only other thing that may stop him is belligerence

Notwithstanding the fact that he is also, quite simply, an utter cnut.
  • Options

He could, perhaps, sell the club yet retain ownership of The Valley and Sparrows Lane, leasing them to a new owner. That would be a sort of 'Roland Out', but it wouldn't be 'Roland Gone'. The current situation cannot sustain. If he doesn't sell, those shiny red seats will be ever-more apparent.

Ron Noades did that to Goldberg even lending him a couple of million in the process. Surprise surprise, Palace went into admin and Mark Goldberg who was a fan went bankrupt. No Business savvy person would fall for that Scenario again unless they could purchase the club for a pound (Ken Bates and Chelsea)
  • Options

This has always concerned me.....how vindictive is he by nature?
    Do any of our contacts in Belgium have any examples of vindictiveness in his business dealings, football related issues or simply his character in general.
    Can we get a heads-up somehow from someone with the 'right connections' to find out?
    He also has a couple of sons I believe who had the right hump/words with some of the Belgium20 on one occasion in a bar in St Trudien, as a family there may be some kick back in some way from that episode from them or him I suppose....just a thought.
    This is in no way a dig at B20 by the way......you had to do or say what you had to on the day at the place at the time.

It was two of his grandchildren that had words with two of our guys...

As for Roland he has many enemys but still do business together with one another.

He is going to sell the club one day, lets just hope it is soon .

Thanks LC.....I stand corrected.
  • Options
    This fella deserves about 1.5% of our thought process time, he's running the club into the ground, it means nothing to him.
  • Options
    I don't believe the sale of players will majorly impact the sale price.

Some potential buyers might even prefer less players and staff attached to the club.

Some weirdos like Roland himself.

(Typed on my new Samsung Galaxy tab I got for xmas)