Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What a shame....

2»

Comments

• I don't even think we can blame 'lack of effort' anymore. We are just proper shit.

Suspect this is the sad reality, allied to a few who are looking at their next career move, because playing at Charlton at the moment cannot be seen by any player with ambition as the way to go. Too many managers, too much unrest to allow them to settle and build. Mid table this season but simply can't see that those running the club have even the basic understanding of what it takes to build a team. Struggle to see where this will end other than League 2 in another two or three years.
  • mogodon said:

I don't even think we can blame 'lack of effort' anymore. We are just proper shit.

Suspect this is the sad reality, allied to a few who are looking at their next career move, because playing at Charlton at the moment cannot be seen by any player with ambition as the way to go. Too many managers, too much unrest to allow them to settle and build. Mid table this season but simply can't see that those running the club have even the basic understanding of what it takes to build a team. Struggle to see where this will end other than League 2 in another two or three years.
    Yes it's this for me.

In the transfer window, unless we are picking up stars of the future from lower divisions, what quality player on an upwards trajectory is going to want to get involved in this farce?

The players who have been with us for any length of time know the extent of the rot, and no matter how much they want the Charlton to succeed, they will not be pulling as hard to being g the rest of the team on.

Playing as a team with a clear goal, not just game to game, but with a long term strategy, is a requirement for success.

We do not have that and will not have it on a realisable basis under this ownership.

Duchatelet is a meddler with a lightweight and incompetent staff. Until that changes, it's going to carry on getting worse.
  • mogodon said:

I don't even think we can blame 'lack of effort' anymore. We are just proper shit.

Surprised you give it as much as two to three years for the drop.

Once the kind of rot we presently have at the club sets in, things deteriorate pretty bloody quickly.
  • cafctom said:

Millwall are just as shit, Gary, as we saw last night. But their fight saw them through that game and we didn't match it.

This is it in a nutshell. Millwall are not a good team. Their fans were dreading losing on Wednesday because they've been playing so badly. However, they roused themselves for fighting performance and our lot bottled it, with a couple of exceptions.
  • edited December 2016
    If you had any hope that a midfield of Crofts and JJ (I love the bloke but I have to be honest) is going to get any other outcome you need to study football abit more. If we haven't got Ulvestadt playing, we have nothing there that can compte with younger/faster players. If he is playing, it is only him - we need another! JJ or Crofts need energy around them, they can't generate it themselves. We haven't got those players so they look more limited than they are. That is the main reason we lost, not passion.
  • cafctom said:

Millwall are just as shit, Gary, as we saw last night. But their fight saw them through that game and we didn't match it.

Our forwards was the only real difference.

Suppose that's a positive of having a former striker as your manager.
  • cafctom said:

For the first 40 minutes they were even worse than us.

Lol what game were you at? We had 1 poor free kick on target and they always looked more likely to score. Are you following the KR party line.

• edited December 2016
    Don't be a bell end Norman.
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Too many players interested in tattoos and Instagram posts these days.

I know we didn't beat Millwall under Powell (we never lost either), but I know full well the likes of Morrison/Wilson/Kermorgant etc would have understood 100% the importance of that game tonight.

Do you really think the likes of Texeira give a toss?!

Such a narrow mindset. Tell me, how did we do against Millwall with those players in the team? To think that the answer to winning any match is just "show a bit more passion" is right out of the failed English manager's handbook. They may not give a shit about the club or us as fans but do you really think they like losing matches? I know any time I play a game even at 5 a side I have no attachment to the team or any history it might have but I know I don't like losing.
    Did you see the game last night, and the lack of effort involved?
    I saw the game. To suggest things would have been different if they had run around a bit more or put in a reducer in the first minute is wrong imo. This run of results is a freak thing, happens plenty of times in football. People will want to read more into it because it's against them. Each match will have different reasons as to why it went wrong, last night I think it's just we aren't very good and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the midfield is probably the worst I've seen in all my years of supporting the club. You might call it lack of effort or passion or knowing what the fixture means, I'd prefer to say not good enough and over the hill players.
    All valid points but wanting it more than the oppo has its merits too. Skill doesn't cut it on its own. The fact we don't have much of that either is important but application and desire to battle is very important too.

So which is it? Valid points or bollocks? I'm so confused.
    Mostly bollocks. If you think that all players go out and give 100% then you've obviously not watched very closely. As a manager you want players that have character and perform consistently whatever the circumstances. The cliched being able to perform on a cold Tuesday night in Carlisle. Not letting your heads to drop. I could go on.

You're right, it is cliche. 110%, passion, playing for the shirt etc etc. Mostly bollocks I agree.