Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Okay, from Google translate, an excerpt from the article:

About the organization hangs a veil of secrecy. You recently appeared on Stayen with the young Thomas Driesen to your side. What is its role?

Roland: "I walk there indeed not advertise it. Thomas is just one of my scouts. In all my clubs I work with scouts. English for the English market, Spanish for the Spanish market, and so on. That's all strictly organized. I put a lot of time out there myself. "

So you can find time for emails to your coaches associated with the line-up.

"I do not like it, that internal emails at Charlton came out that way. But I keep it behind. Those emails date from 2014, when we had just taken over the club. My scouts had analyzed the whole squad. They had a better view of the qualities the coach, who was appointed only (Chris Powell, ed). These mails were intended to support. The coach could then decide what he did with it. But he hit that opinion in the wind. Not smart."

Charlton is not exactly a success story. Recently, some fans even came disrupt your 70th birthday.

"These are not fans but activists. They have but one goal: to destabilize the club. Beware, I am not blind. Cases Charlton have not been well managed. But I presumed that they do not start shooting at CEO Katrien Meire. I call this a witch hunt. Because I protect her, they are going to set their sights on me. "

Seems he's reiterating what he said on the TV interview
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2016
    The one who has destabilised the club to its very roots is you Duchatelet, you deluded arrogant loon. Who are these scouts with so much knowledge, who were helping at the time ? For anyone who disagrees with him is an activist & not a fan & their opinions can be discounted. True fans are ones that presumably agree with him in his eyes. Meire is the CEO of the club following his directions. One thing though, Duchatelet certainly knows how to energise the support base, only in the opposite direction that he intends. Certainly doesn't like to be challenged or his methods exposed. Hit the nerve & Duchatelet can't help but respond & dig the hole deeper.
  • Options
    Narcissist/sociopath/delusional weirdo/freak.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Narcissist/sociopath/delusional weirdo/freak.

That would be fitting lyrics for Beautiful South's Song for Whoever if they'd written it about some of my exes.
  • Options
    I think you'd have to take out weirdo and mangle the stresses in delusional to get it to fit in the song properly though
  • Options
    In his own warped mind he is doing a good job as is meire. The problem is us the fans.
    He really is so deluded it's ridiculous.
    Just sell the club and fuck off
  • Options
    'Witch hunt' is a little much. I suppose it has a better ring than:

'absolutely hopeless fuckwit with no skills in football administration, negotiation or the media...hunt'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Utter insult that he continues to call those fans who made th effort to go to see him in Belgium 'activists'! This idiot so makes my blood boil!
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Okay, from Google translate, an excerpt from the article:

About the organization hangs a veil of secrecy. You recently appeared on Stayen with the young Thomas Driesen to your side. What is its role?

Roland: "I walk there indeed not advertise it. Thomas is just one of my scouts. In all my clubs I work with scouts. English for the English market, Spanish for the Spanish market, and so on. That's all strictly organized. I put a lot of time out there myself. "

So you can find time for emails to your coaches associated with the line-up.

"I do not like it, that internal emails at Charlton came out that way. But I keep it behind. Those emails date from 2014, when we had just taken over the club. My scouts had analyzed the whole squad. They had a better view of the qualities the coach, who was appointed only (Chris Powell, ed). These mails were intended to support. The coach could then decide what he did with it. But he hit that opinion in the wind. Not smart."

Charlton is not exactly a success story. Recently, some fans even came disrupt your 70th birthday.

"These are not fans but activists. They have but one goal: to destabilize the club. Beware, I am not blind. Cases Charlton have not been well managed. But I presumed that they do not start shooting at CEO Katrien Meire. I call this a witch hunt. Because I protect her, they are going to set their sights on me. "

Seems he's reiterating what he said on the TV interview

He is so wrong. We reluctantly have to go for her because he is a coward and hides away. He has put a lawyer with no experience of our game in the impossible position.

I have reflected on her position and I think one of her biggest issues is that she has to listen to what that lunatic says. He feeds her all the wrong information about her job and her big mistake is that she hasn't worked out that he isn't a visionary, but a mad coward who is stitching her up more than we ever have or will.
  • Options
    He will be calling card a terrorist organisation next!
  • Options
    It is obvious to me Roland believes to hear what he wants to hear and is convinced The Liar always tells him the truth about the situation at the club. He is happy to go along with the idea everyhing is going OK and it is only a minority of fans who who are causing all the disruptions. I cannot see his position changing particularly as he shows no sign of devoting more of his precious time to things CAFC.
    Disrupting him in his own comfort zone appears to be the most effective way to get his attention but I fear he mentally just sweeps these incidents under the carpet and soldiers on in the belief he is right and all is mostly going to plan.
    He has the money not to worry and will be happy to grasp the pay days when players like Lookman are sold. Insanely, he has stated that results do not matter so whilst it goes against the grain to hear this I really can't see anything changing in the short term. Looks like we have this idiot and his inadequate tribe on board for the foreseeable future.
    Whilst I want to see my club prosper and challenge for football glory, I will not hold my breath for any change under this current stewardship and I will be counting the days until these misfits are gone and drag their wrecking ball elsewhere.
  • Options
    Comment from STVV fan forum regarding RD's recent interview:

This interview only confirmed what has been said. Results are minor, investment will be minimal now they all assume that we are saved.

The arguments remain the same, activists, people who expect us to champion or the first three games ... yawn!

The funniest I found the passage about the coach of Charlton. He was free to decide ... but beslistte wrong: funny:

Staaien is therefore now no football happen but a church, you have to be more of a believer than a supporter though you can also feel free to dance placeren if you think you can dance. The show must go on.
  • Options
    So Roland's idea is that his football clubs become the hub of a community with all that it entails. The football however, is insignificant.

Good plan Roly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So Roland's idea is that his football clubs become the hub of a community with all that it entails. The football however, is insignificant.

Good plan Roly!

Seems that way. Like his political party, he sees football as a social enterprise to bring 'happiness' to the masses.

Competition is bad as it brings in such factors as tribalism so must be avoided.

No relegation keeps the fans happy as long as they can also have a dance after the game. But promotion is to be avoided.

Trouble is Roly, we got relegated.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Good plan Roly!

Seems that way. Like his political party, he sees football as a social enterprise to bring 'happiness' to the masses.

Competition is bad as it brings in such factors as tribalism so must be avoided.

No relegation keeps the fans happy as long as they can also have a dance after the game. But promotion is to be avoided.

Trouble is Roly, we got relegated.
    That seems to be the way of the world ATM, even when you lose, you win, just ask Pardew, failure handsomely rewarded yet again.
  • Options
    He's absolutely dreadful
  • Options
    Robinson says he's going over to Belgium to have talks with Roland and "to do some press" over there ....

Something about KR asslicking roly , and pleading how good he is just to save face in his own country!

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Robinson says he's going over to Belgium to have talks with Roland and "to do some press" over there ....

Something about KR asslicking roly , and pleading how good he is just to save face in his own country!

Yes, this sounds to me like Roland fighting back on the home front.
  • Options
    So RD shows again that he and his profile gets greater priority than winning matches.

Let's hope that we can use this weakness to our advantage.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Yes, this sounds to me like Roland fighting back on the home front.
    Yes, and this:

KR: "Hopefully, 100%. I’m going to meet the President tomorrow; me, my captain and my staff. STVV play Standard Liege at home, so we’re going over on the train to watch that and speak about what we can do in January. It’ll be nice to take in a game and discuss how we take this great club forward.”

RD seems to be taking advantage of the Christmas festivities to push the media position at home.