Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson on BBC London News shortly

«1

Comments

  • Blah Blah Blah Big game tomorrow everyone committed to the win etc
    KM is great need a winger in transfer window.
  • The owner's been great with me - I have a great bunch of lads - injuries have taken a toll - we know what a derby win means to the fans - I hope to get a few in during the January window......
  • I just want to hear his take on this "Meals on Wheels" story..
  • "Previous people maybe used the problems to cut corners"
  • Non interview. "I hope I can do the fans proud" and he believes the "pyschological benefit of players spending Christmas day with the families sees them turn up on Boxing Day at 3pm ready to repay the belief shown in them." That was it.
  • "Previous people maybe used the problems to cut corners"

    Did you make any sense of that? I didn't have a clue wtf he was trying to say to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:



  • Regarding cutting corners may have been talking about certain players
  • LuckyReds said:

    "Previous people maybe used the problems to cut corners"

    Did you make any sense of that? I didn't have a clue wtf he was trying to say to be honest.
    Neither did he......
  • This is the problem with modern football and the existence of social media....everything gets over analysed to death. Curbs and his predecessors probably came out with a load of waffle on the eve of a derby and most fans probably disregarded it if they even were aware of it.


    This! What did people expect, the whole news to be devoted to us? It was only going to be a two minute slot which was only ever going to be a very brief analysis. Although not sure about the cut corners comment KR said the right things and hope he does make the fans as proud as they can be in the circumstances.
  • He didn't say anything. But we did see a lot of pigs on the pitch, which was nice.
  • It was the pigs on the screen that captured my attention before realising it was a story on us.
  • Agree it was a bit odd to bother. Arranged by her I reckon. I know people will criticise but that isn't the forum for him to criticise the regime.
  • edited December 2016
    HandG said:

    This is the problem with modern football and the existence of social media....everything gets over analysed to death. Curbs and his predecessors probably came out with a load of waffle on the eve of a derby and most fans probably disregarded it if they even were aware of it.


    This! What did people expect, the whole news to be devoted to us? It was only going to be a two minute slot which was only ever going to be a very brief analysis. Although not sure about the cut corners comment KR said the right things and hope he does make the fans as proud as they can be in the circumstances.
    I completely get your point - and RodneyCharltonTrotta's - but it's just a waste of 4 minutes on the news isn't it really? We're a pretty niche team as far as London is concerned, so the coverage is always welcome... but it's just weird.

    It's not like it's really anything about the club or anything important - i.e charity work etc. It's literally "here's 4 sentences off of Charlton manager". You can't even argue that it was about the SE London derby, because that fixture was only mentioned in passing very quickly.

    All he's done is say what's expected of him: that he's happy here, and he hopes to do the fans well. Other than that there was a cryptic comment about other people cutting corners, and a sentence about giving the players Christmas day off.
  • Did I hear him say that he doesn't like kittens or fluffy ducklings?
  • Sponsored links:


  • The editor decided to contextualise the piece in relation to the protests which keeps the angst in the news.
  • Is Robinson any easier to understand than Luzon ? He's got verbal diarrhoea.
  • He certainly likes the sound of his own voice, I hope we do the talking on the pitch tomorrow
  • Non interview. "I hope I can do the fans proud" and he believes the "pyschological benefit of players spending Christmas day with the families sees them turn up on Boxing Day at 3pm ready to repay the belief shown in them." That was it.

    So, nothing less than 3 pts on Boxing Day.
  • LuckyReds said:

    "Previous people maybe used the problems to cut corners"

    Did you make any sense of that? I didn't have a clue wtf he was trying to say to be honest.
    He's not saying anything. Just making a noise for Duchatelet.
  • Non interview. "I hope I can do the fans proud" and he believes the "pyschological benefit of players spending Christmas day with the families sees them turn up on Boxing Day at 3pm ready to repay the belief shown in them." That was it.

    Sponsored by PlusNet?
  • LuckyReds said:

    I just want to hear his take on this "Meals on Wheels" story..

    Sorry what story? @LuckyReds
  • edited December 2016
    LuckyReds said:

    "Previous people maybe used the problems to cut corners"

    Did you make any sense of that? I didn't have a clue wtf he was trying to say to be honest.
    IMO, It's the sort of cryptic bs that a work oppo might come out with after a few sherberts on the Christmas do when talking about the firm. Say it in your head, in a David Brent voice and picture David Brent doing a wink after he says it and you'll get what I mean.
  • .....but I personally think he would probably do alright with the right backing
Sign In or Register to comment.