Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TheBelgium20 - Fans Unity Protest 2017, all fans needed!

Comments

• Really interested in this depending on the date
  • I would say it is virtually all one road from Calais and a very nice easy drive. Nice beer and frites and nice friendly town. If you wanted to make a weekend of it, some nice hotels.
  • No offence meant, and obviously going to be a toughie to sort on here, but a few reasonably smartly dressed and photogenic protesters might give a less 'anorak' image of the protest than the one that currently springs to mind. Just saying...it is a PR exercise after all.

Puts tin hat on and retires below parapet...

I think we'd get better PR if we all went in luminous green mankinis.

• I thought the footage of the last protest featured some very photogenic types well jotted out in decent warm weather clothing.
  • I might be up for this, dates permitting
  • Scoham said:

One of the main reasons I've seen given by those that dislike the protests is due to supposed agendas of CARD members.

Funny thing is they have their own agendas. They typically dislike or don't rate anything Charlton related that is popular, Chris Powell, The Valley, Charlton Life etc.

Naturally they could never support a group such as CARD, no matter how badly RD runs the club.

I know we're not supposed to talk about the other forum, but bloody hell. I just had a quick peek on there and I've never seen so much comedy vitriol coming from so few people sat behind keyboards acting hard. Still, I suppose it's good they're all in one place where we don't have to look at it.
  • Addickted said:

No offence meant, and obviously going to be a toughie to sort on here, but a few reasonably smartly dressed and photogenic protesters might give a less 'anorak' image of the protest than the one that currently springs to mind. Just saying...it is a PR exercise after all.

That leads me to what was going to be my next suggestion, fancy dress costumes. Loads of people wandering around in fancy dress is a photo/video media opportunity too good for any paper/station to pass up on and it diffuses any counter PR viewpoint of looking like a football mob/ bunch of hooligans on a beano.
  • And take some gifts for the kiddies over there to create a bit of goodwill with the locals. Something durable and harmless they will want to play with. Something like say a frisbee with the CARD logo on it. Everybody loves throwing a frisbee so it won't end up on somebody's shelf as a memento like the pigs and taxis and will get used over and over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

No offence meant, and obviously going to be a toughie to sort on here, but a few reasonably smartly dressed and photogenic protesters might give a less 'anorak' image of the protest than the one that currently springs to mind. Just saying...it is a PR exercise after all.

That leads me to what was going to be my next suggestion, fancy dress costumes. Loads of people wandering around in fancy dress is a photo/video media opportunity too good for any paper/station to pass up on and it diffuses any counter PR viewpoint of looking like a football mob/ bunch of hooligans on a beano.
    The smurfs are Belgian... Hartlepool looked a treat when they came down and got loads of coverage
  • Addickted said:

The smurfs are Belgian... Hartlepool looked a treat when they came down and got loads of coverage
    Just take a load of empty Baked Bean cans in memory of their lovable cartoon character... TinTin
  • Addickted said:

Red and white smurfs would look good
  • Fancy dress costumes is a great idea.

Who want's to be Dumb and who wants to be Dumber?
  • Fancy dress costumes is a great idea.

Who want's to be Dumb and who wants to be Dumber?

Dumb has two pairs of gloves and dumber has none.
  • Date dependant, I'll have a bit of this.
  • I could do a good Poirot.
  • The bloke on that other forum is saying he is in contact with the club, and also the Belgium police and is grassing this up.

Literally cannot understand how he can even think of himself as a charlton fan. Bloody weirdo.
  • He's not.

He's a Cardiff fan, a Wrexham fan and a Charlton follower by association.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reams is a two-bob nobody with an overinflated sense of self-importance. Grassing up people to the police is fucking pathetic; how old is he, four?
  • Hope I make their highlight real... Just seen the thread over there, laughable. Geezer is a moron.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Reams is a two-bob nobody with an overinflated sense of self-importance. Grassing up people to the police is fucking pathetic; how old is he, four?

He emailed me after one comment about them on here... seems he spends a lot of time reading this board for someone who spouts a lot of hate for everyone on it.

Just to test the theory I wonder if he will email me after this comment.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Reams is a two-bob nobody with an overinflated sense of self-importance. Grassing up people to the police is fucking pathetic; how old is he, four?

He emailed me after one comment about them on here... seems he spends a lot of time reading this board for someone who spouts a lot of hate for everyone on it.

If he does, doubtless it will be threatening in tone. In which case, report him to the police. Two can play that game.

• After tonight I've decided Roland is right and the protests have to stop.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Hahahahahahaa, the whole getting a message thing is actually a thing. I genuinely thought it was a wind-up
  • CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Hahahahahahaa, the whole getting a message thing is actually a thing. I genuinely thought it was a wind-up
    Ohh no. 100% serious!
  • If enough believe that 200 Charlton fans walking through the streets towards STVV will make a difference, then I want to be a part of it.
  • Good knows what the Belgian OB must have thought when a middle aged, middle class charlton fan up asking if they can come to Belgium to do a protest. I'm amazed they didn't hang up!