Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Berlin lorry crash at xmas markets

123457»

Comments

• Options

bobmunro said:

I have read the Koran (English version). If you want to truly understand Islamic terrorism just pick up a copy for yourself.

Available in all good bookshops
    I know I agree it's crazy that you can buy it in bookshops. Sometimes we are too tolerant of Intolerance - if that makes sense !
    So you believe the Koran should be a proscribed publication?
    No it shouldn't. But it should not be afforded a status above any other publication that preaches religious intolerance, racism, homophobia and child abuse simply because it is slavishly followed by 1.6 billion people and considered a 'World Religion'.
    I wouldn't disagree - and, outside of those 1.6 billion people, I'm not sure it is afforded any particular status other than being an important book, not least because of its influence. Status doesn't necessarily equate to positivity or veracity.
  • Options
    Something about this attack doesn't add up. Got the wrong suspect. Real suspect leaves ID in the cab (why would he do this). If he thought he would die why not take more innocent lives as he was running away. Now that man who left his ID is shot dead before any kind of questioning. Just doesn't sit right for some reason.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Something about this attack doesn't add up. Got the wrong suspect. Real suspect leaves ID in the cab (why would he do this). If he thought he would die why not take more innocent lives as he was running away. Now that man who left his ID is shot dead before any kind of questioning. Just doesn't sit right for some reason.

It is reported that his fingerprints were found in the cab of the lorry.

Besides, who knows what goes on inside the mind of a murdering bastard.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

ChiAddick said:

In that case fair enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I can't say I'll be losing any sleep for him now he's been snuffed out; I'm going to guess I've lost more valuable things in a pub toilet. I'd much rather give my thoughts and compassion to those who have lost loved ones, especially at a time meant solely for family and rejoicing together.

I see a few people questioning the ID; I'd hazard a guess that this was most likely the mechanism that he intended to be used to take credit for the attack. The days of terrorists wanting anonymity appear to be long gone. The whole idea is to go for maximum exposure now, after all - the more exposure you get, the more likely there will be people who wish to follow in your footsteps. In lieu of any recorded pledge, it may also have been how ISIS were able to confirm their own responsibility for the attack?

I'm not sure whether we know who shot the Polish lorry driver dead, reports indicate he was alive during the collision. However, if it was the attacker that shot him then clearly the attacker was in possession of a firearm. It's quite likely something spooked him, or his weapon malfunctioned, and that's why he resorted to Plan B: running the feck away. I dare say that if he was tooled up the intention was more likely to plow the lorry in to the market, and get out shooting until he was dealt with at the scene. Fortunately this didn't happen, and he was forced to flee like the verminous little coward he was.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

ChiAddick said:

There are also suggestions, reported in the Mirror article that had already been linked, that the lorry was turned away from the crowds, after initially ploughing into them, when it came to a halt and that this was the result of the Polish driver, having been stabbed already, fighting with Amri (who then shot him).

It seems likely, from the tracking records, that Amri was not very competent as a driver and, if he had stalled the engine, he wold not have been able to restart it quickly.

So it seems likely that Amri may have (probably did) intended to kill many more, and to die, so would have been happy to leave his ID card, etc.; or that he lost his ID card when being attacked.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

ChiAddick said:

The Italians say that he was approached by an ordinary police patrol as he was acting suspiciously, they had no idea who he was and asked for id. This is when he fired on the police, injurying one who then replied in kind.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

ChiAddick said:

The Italians say that he was approached by an ordinary police patrol as he was acting suspiciously, they had no idea who he was and asked for id. This is when he fired on the police, injurying one who then replied in kind.
    I bet that Italian copper's lucky at cards an all
  • Options
    Grazie Luca Scata

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's only The Sun, but their source is spot on - Amaq (ISIS' PR org) - and it may answer a few questions about the ID card being left behind: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2468916/isis-release-video-of-berlin-attacker-anis-amri-pledging-allegiance-to-terror-leader-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi/

As I mentioned above, the "protocol" if you like, is for an attacker to film a pledge to the Caliphate (ISIS). This then allows ISIS to claim responsibility with the security of having actual evidence, essentially preventing people from belittling them by saying "Oh, they claim everything!" whilst also keeping them in the headlines and getting more recruits.

So leaving the ID card behind is merely a way of corroborating the video, and tying the individual in the video to the scene of the attack. All pretty grim stuff, and quite rudimentary.

This leads on to the other point; if the chap was taken alive, then how much intelligence realistically would you be able to gain? Unfortunately the steps for carrying out an attack are pretty basic and well known; film your pledge, upload it to one of their forums and/or internet chat rooms, then do it. There's no need for any complex networks or deep relationships, all you need is an unhinged individual with an internet connection. Even the "grooming" could simply be done over Twitter (or well monitored chatrooms which even journalists lurk in) and the "training" could be as simple as reading through their internet magazine for ideas.

It's no longer meetings at the back of smokey pubs within earshot of regular punters, nor is it organised groups of people plotting in unison in a spare bedroom. The blunt - and perhaps terrifying - reality is that it truly is the odd crazy nutter who stumbles across a "calling" online. Whoever is fighting against that kind of strategy is definitely earning their salary.
  • Options

Grazie Luca Scata

Not a wise move, for him or his family, to reveal his name.
  • Options
    Another victory for Europol and the Counter Terrorist Group.
  • Options
    Rot in hell without a virgin in sight
  • Options

Give him 50 Susan Boyle lookalikes
  • Options

Give him 50 Susan Boyle lookalikes
    With cocks