Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darts

24

Comments

  • Markg2004 said:

    I always find the criticism of the BDO unfair & unnecessary. Every PDC world champion bar Adrian Lewis began their career in the BDO. There will always be a place for the BDO in darts, as they provide a vital platform for players to cut their teeth before moving onto the next level.

    In my eyes it is marginally similar to Rugby Union/Rugby League. Both have a place in the world.
    I'd say it more like premiership football vs non-league. I enjoy non league football, and I enjoy BDO if you get a close match
  • BDO
    Position Men Women
    Champion £100,000 £12,000
    Runner-up £35,000 £5,000
    Semi-finalists £15,000 £2,000
    Quarter-finalists: £6,500 £1,000

    PDC

    Winner £300,000
    Final £150,000
    Semi Final £70,000
    Quarter Final £35,000

    Rising to £400,000 for next years
  • McBobbin said:

    Markg2004 said:

    I always find the criticism of the BDO unfair & unnecessary. Every PDC world champion bar Adrian Lewis began their career in the BDO. There will always be a place for the BDO in darts, as they provide a vital platform for players to cut their teeth before moving onto the next level.

    In my eyes it is marginally similar to Rugby Union/Rugby League. Both have a place in the world.
    I'd say it more like premiership football vs non-league. I enjoy non league football, and I enjoy BDO if you get a close match
    But in non-league you don't have to witness 50 shots before you see a goal.
  • Unbelieveable tournament & the best man won.
  • They should have the BDO before the PDC with wildcard entries given to the last X in the tournament.
  • Has MVG ever been seen in the same room as Matt Lucas?

    i think it's very unlikely that they have, unless it's to practice copying each other.

  • Don't forget the BDO organise the grassroots darts running the county/regional darts around the country.
  • The PDC average is the average of all darts thrown whereas the BDO average is average of the first nine darts only so dont get penalised for missing doubles unlike PDC.
  • MrOneLung said:

    The PDC average is the average of all darts thrown whereas the BDO average is average of the first nine darts only so dont get penalised for missing doubles unlike PDC.

    That all depends on what the broadcaster shows though. BBC @ Lakeside generally show a first nine darts and an overall average.
  • You need the Bad Darts Organisation to bring the youngsters through
  • Sponsored links:


  • edited January 15
    Half time in the football so flicked over to the darts.
    First leg Durrant throws 7 treble 20s in a row, on for a nine darter.
    Eventually wins the leg with his 18th dart.

    First 7 darts score - 420
    Then took a further 11 darts to get the remaining 81
  • I think both of these will move to the PDC after this. Clearly the best 2 players in the BDO. Could be a very good final
  • Anyone watching the Premier League Darts? Anderson and MVG are different class
  • Weren't a big fan before Xmas then I watched the BDO and now I love it. Tonight was unreal.
  • Anyone watching the Premier League Darts?

    Such a good sport to watch. Quick, dramatic and intense.

    How Taylor got himself ahead in the match I don't know, then let Wade back in.
  • That's why it works so well imo
    No long sets etc means never more than a minute until a vital dart/shot/moment
  • Just switched over
  • Fuming at Taylor cos if MVG wins he's done me for 120 off a score.
  • Mvg finding his groove, Peter Wright all over the shop
  • MVG just wow. What a talent.
  • Sponsored links:


  • It's just getting ridiculous how good he is. I'm at the finals in Minehead, I think it's a tournament to see who is runner up
  • Amazing crowd in Rotterdam tonight.
    Barney is an absolute god to them
  • Mvg Vs Taylor good match. Taylor went 3 up but has lost it and MVG is steaming ahead
  • I was in Rotterdam last year. Atmosphere was something else
  • MVG showing no respect to Taylor not going for the finish with Taylor on 156.

    Was a shame to see Taylor give up on the last leg.
  • GRAY9 said:

    MVG showing no respect to Taylor not going for the finish with Taylor on 156.

    Taylor has been doing that to others for years so it's nice to see him get a dose of his own medicine.
  • anyone know likely date of tickets going on sale for the wdc at ally pally.
Sign In or Register to comment.