Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Then and now stadium quiz part 4

2»

Comments

• edited December 2016

Who can name the Welsh team in Q1 ?

Dai Davies, Joey Jones, ?, ?, Bryan Flynn, Peter Nicholas, ?, ?, Carl Harris ?, Micky Thomas, Leighton James.

Kevin Ratcliffe in between Carl Harris and Joey Jones? Keeper Dai Davies was in that team but not in picture; Paul Price maybe.
  • Part 1 9/10
    Part2 8/10
    Part3 10/10
  • 10 out of 10. And didn't cheat!
  • edited December 2016
    RedChaser said:

Dai Davies, Joey Jones, ?, ?, Bryan Flynn, Peter Nicholas, ?, ?, Carl Harris ?, Micky Thomas, Leighton James.

Kevin Ratcliffe in between Carl Harris and Joey Jones? Keeper Dai Davies was in that team but not in picture; Paul Price maybe.
    Isnt' Dai Davies the first player ? Joey Jones is the 2nd player. Yes, Kevin Ratcliffe is no 8 & yes Paul Price (I knew him but couldn't think of his name) is no 3 (from the left).

So we need 4 & 7 assuming the others are correct.

4 looks like Steve Williams, but can't be as he's English. 7 could be Leighton Phillips, but I doubt it.
  • edited December 2016

RedChaser said:

Isnt' Dai Davies the first player ? Joey Jones is the 2nd player. Yes, Kevin Ratcliffe is no 8 & yes Paul Price (I knew him but couldn't think of his name) is no 3 (from the left).

So we need 4 & 7 assuming the others are correct.

4 looks like Steve Williams, but can't be as he's English. 7 could be Leighton Phillips, but I doubt it.
    I'm on iPad now, never had the full line up before on phone, yes sorry agree with your line up, Leighton Phillips is there next to Kevin Ratcliffe. The missing player must be Ian Walsh here's the line up that day;

Goalkeeper Dai Davies
    Defender Joey Jones
    Defender/Centre back Paul Price
    Defender/Centre back Kevin Ratcliffe
    Defender/Midfielder Leighton Phillips
    Midfielder Brian Flynn
    Midfielder Leighton James
    Midfielder Peter Nicholas
    Midfielder Mickey Thomas
    Forward Ian Walsh
    Winger Carl Harris
  • Well done. So 2 Palace & 2 Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• 10/10

A BIT OF A SPOILER:

most are obvious without knowing anything about what the grounds look like, just because of the choices available. The only slightly difficult one for me was Stamford Bridge or White Hart Lane or Highbury.
  • 3 nil down, 7/10 up.
  • Their 'now' picture for The Valley is looking decidedly old. There are actually people watching a game.
  • 9/10
    8/10
    9/10

Ground spotter AS WELL AS train spotter!
  • 8 out 10 for Quiz 4
  • 9/10 couple of guesses
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

10. Lots of clues in the photos.

• Guessing ability obviously improved with practice.
    3/10
    4/10
    7/10
  • 9/10 - Have been to most of those grounds. The memories ....