Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman ...... Saturdays Performance verse £11m

Comments

• cabbles said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

We turned down 6 million in the last transfer window. I don't think they will accept a bid of 4 Million.

Was that at the same time that we turned down £2m for Morgan Fox ?
    these 'bids' are always quoted with such certainty .. who knows and how do they know the accuracy, even the existence of such bids for our players ?
    Just to be clear I don't think we were offered anything like £2m (or £1.6m) upfront for Fox.
    you would think that if that was on the table for Fox, we would've sold him and kept THQ. not us, we get it arse about face (regardless of what was offered for Fox)
    We had already sold THD at that point, so keeping him and selling Fox wasn't an option.
  • Look at Posh's second goal on Saturday - the guy did all the work himself by taking players on and running at the goal.

We only have one player prepared to do this - selling him too early will be another big mistake by the regime.
  • Posted without reading. Take the money
  • 19 years old. Already played under what, 3 or 4 managers. Different styles and positions. No wonder the bloke looks a bit lost at the moment.

Francis looked shit in a bad team (I am guilty of saying that he was awful enough times), look at him in a good, settled side playing with confidence.

Rather than banging on about young flair players having a bad game or two maybe we should support them.

Otherwise RD may have a point about stupid people.
  • He won't go for anything near that amount.

Even if he does go for a fee of more than the £6 million Palace were reported as offering it won't get invested back into the team. There is an already agreed budget for January and that won't materially change nomatter what fee the club gets for Lookman and Konsa.

It's the way most clubs would view a windfall like that. How much of the £16 million we got for Darren Bent went into the team ?

I don't mind the club acting in this way because it's never been very much different. What does seem to be different and does bother me is that we are now selling much much earlier than before. How many games did Bowyer, Shelvey, Watson, Jenkinson and the like play before getting sold on ? When Lookman and Konsa and previously Gomez leave we will have barely had a chance to see them. That pisses me right off.

Duchatelet has been very fortunate that in two seasons he will have had three youngsters being sought by the Premier League and big clubs at that.

I don't see that being replicated next season or very often again for a few years.

• cabbles said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

We turned down 6 million in the last transfer window. I don't think they will accept a bid of 4 Million.

these 'bids' are always quoted with such certainty .. who knows and how do they know the accuracy, even the existence of such bids for our players ?
    Just to be clear I don't think we were offered anything like £2m (or £1.6m) upfront for Fox.
    you would think that if that was on the table for Fox, we would've sold him and kept THQ. not us, we get it arse about face (regardless of what was offered for Fox)
    It was offered after THD had been sold.
  • Turn down 6 million in the summer.
    Promise he won't be sold in January.
    Accept 3 million in January.
    Katie does it again
  • I'd sell him for £1million. And that's not a dig at the lad I think he's decent but Christ some of the ways people talk about him here are like he is premier league quality...
  • I'm sure Driesen has replacements lined up when Lookman moves on.
  • cabbles said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

We had already sold THD at that point, so keeping him and selling Fox wasn't an option.

cabbles said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

It was offered after THD had been sold.
    Aah

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016

He won't go for anything near that amount.

Even if he does go for a fee of more than the £6 million Palace were reported as offering it won't get invested back into the team. There is an already agreed budget for January and that won't materially change nomatter what fee the club gets for Lookman and Konsa.

It's the way most clubs would view a windfall like that. How much of the £16 million we got for Darren Bent went into the team ?

I don't mind the club acting in this way because it's never been very much different. What does seem to be different and does bother me is that we are now selling much much earlier than before. How many games did Bowyer, Shelvey, Watson, Jenkinson and the like play before getting sold on ? When Lookman and Konsa and previously Gomez leave we will have barely had a chance to see them. That pisses me right off.

Duchatelet has been very fortunate that in two seasons he will have had three youngsters being sought by the Premier League and big clubs at that.

I don't see that being replicated next season or very often again for a few years.

Whilst I don't entirely disagree the following shows there is little change in more recent seasons. What it misses is the likes of Palmer, Huddart and Calcott who learnt their trade here and paid us back with not even a single game for us which I find sad.

Lee Bowyer. 46 games. Left in 1996
    Jonjo Shelvey. 42 games. Left in 2010
    Gordon Watson. 31 games. Left in 1991
    Carl Jenkinson. 8 games. Left 2011
    Joe Gomez 21 games. left 2015
    Ademola Lookman. 43 games +. Still here.
    Ezra Konsa. 11 games +. Still here.

• I know of Huddart and of course Palmer, but who's Calcott?
  • surely you mean 'Saturdays performance V "Undisclosed"? '
  • edited December 2016
  • Badger said:

I'm sure Driesen has replacements lined up when Lookman moves on.

Yeah, Nick Jarvis from the comic strip Striker.
  • I actually thought Lookman made himself available for passes more often than anyone on Saturday , popping up here and there and a few times he made a pass that players more on his wavelength would have got to, rather than our slow thinking mob.
    I actually think he should deffo leave our shambles of a club because elsewhere he' ll have the opportunity to play and train with better players which should help him further develop
  • It doesn't matter if we sell him for £1, £11M or £100M, the likelihood of the money going back into the club, let alone the team is extreme.
  • Done deal apparently with Everton rising to 5.75m.
  • Scoham said:

I know of Huddart and of course Palmer, but who's Calcott?

Guessing he means Charlie Colkett... currently on loan @ Bristol Rovers from Chelsea

Didnt he very briefly play for Charlton Academy before moving on?
  • Get rid, take the money. No guts, no passion and lazy little git. As the bloke behind shouted on Saturday " if you think it's tough Lookman, try sitting up here and watching the shit".
  • Sponsored links:

• 19 year old flair player has a bad game. What a surprise.

He scores goals and despite his weaknesses is one of our best attacking players. We won't sign better while in this league and I don't think we have a replacement ready in the academy.

He's the sort of player we need to try to improve and get the best out of, not sell on because he doesn't score every week. With the TV money at the top level £5m or so is a cheap gamble for Prem clubs.
  • Redhenry said:

Done deal apparently with Everton rising to 5.75m.

that's more likely, 3m rising to 5.75m maybe?
  • Sounds a bit more in line with my expectations of what Katrien could achieve.

Roland isn't quite doing the calculations correctly. For that money, given the increased chance of playoffs and promotion with lookman in the side, he should stay.

For £11m, that's a different story.
  • Being played out of position most of the time doesn't help him. I would prefer to see him play up front instead of Ajose.that would allow Holmes when fit to play on the left, which is his preferred position
  • If it's a done deal as Redhenry says and he's usually on the money then just how much effort and commitment will we see from him between now and when he leaves ? The Den is no place for faint hearts is it ? Anything less than 100% and we have a passenger we can't afford.

Good luck to the boy though. Looking forward to seeing him loaned out to The Championship next season.
  • Reading this thread I can only assume we have found a buyer for Fox and Lookman is the next fall guy. He is 19 not every game is going to be brilliant for the lad.
  • No problem whatsoever with him having a bad game. Effort and attitude is what matters.
  • Scoham said:

I know of Huddart and of course Palmer, but who's Calcott?

Guessing he means Charlie Colkett... currently on loan @ Bristol Rovers from Chelsea

Didnt he very briefly play for Charlton Academy before moving on?
    That's the chap.
  • edited December 2016

Redhenry said:

that's more likely, 3m rising to 5.75m maybe?
    Don't know exactly @LargeAddick, probably not far off the mark. Also the two MK players that @Henry Irving said on the rumours thread are also done deals.
  • Redhenry said:

Brilliant. Accept an offer that's less the one you turned down!