Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahearne-Grant for Ajose

or do frying pans and fires come to mind?

In the word of the great lamented @nolly discuss

Comments

• edited December 2016
    KAG wide and Lookie central may be a better bet. He played wide a few times after his debut. But we have a few options; RCC, Aribo, Botaka & Chicksen who have barely featured but have had decent games when selected. If Lookie goes then any of KAG, Umerah and Hanlan may be preferable.
  • Me for Ajose,cant be any worse
  • Ajose hasn't become a bad player over night. In the right team he has shown he can score goals.
  • So how many chances did Ajose waste yesterday that another Striker would have put away... Our Strikers need bloody service before we can consider dropping them!!

Magennis wasnt even getting any long balls to head on yesterday!!
  • So how many chances did Ajose waste yesterday that another Striker would have put away... Our Strikers need bloody service before we can consider dropping them!!

If the chances aren't being created then try to create something yourself. Don't jump half-heartedly and waddle around like you're some sort of superstar. You have to earn the right to "bowl" like he does. He just looks like a wannabe gangster
  • Based on the games I've seen I can't believe Ajose is a professional footballer. He is very poor in all aspects.

Although if he goes on and scores a hat trick on Wednesday he'll be my new favourite player.
  • Swisdom said:

So how many chances did Ajose waste yesterday that another Striker would have put away... Our Strikers need bloody service before we can consider dropping them!!

If the chances aren't being created then try to create something yourself. Don't jump half-heartedly and waddle around like you're some sort of superstar. You have to earn the right to "bowl" like he does. He just looks like a wannabe gangster
    Darren Bent and Clive Mendonca didnt go looking to create anything for themselves though, they both relied completely on the service that was created for them.

Yes they're poor examples as they could put the ball away but name me any Striker who has created their own goals at Charlton... there isnt one other than Tony Watt who couldnt put the ball away
  • KAG's game is basically the same as Ajose's but with less experience. Neither are good enough, by quite some way.
  • Ajose proved last season he's a good striker and knows where the goal is. However sadly for us he's now a striker totally devoid of confidence.
  • edited December 2016
    In addition no Striker should be allowed to create their own chances... If they want to they need to drop deeper towards Midfield to collect the ball.

They then have the Centre Midfielders and Centre-Backs to get past if they want to go clear on goal... If sensible the opposition will just get in the way and so give away a cheap FK like what we should have done yesterday or they'll stay tight to the Striker and so deny them the space to shoot from distance.

EDIT: Ironically thats something Ajose did against Bristol Rovers in November
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw KAG at Margate on Wednesday night and he did not stand out at all.
    When he first burst onto the scene I quite liked what I saw even if he was exposed far too much and too early.
    The other night he looked like a player that was disillusioned and the club is to blame for that.
  • Neither. Would prefer Hanlan or Umerah, both have height, strength and pace. Ajose was obviously good for Swindon but he's not been good enough for us.
  • Ajose is having a bad time but is nowhere near so bad as many on here are posting ..
    I saw Ahearne-Grant score his first league goal at Cardiff last season, seems like years ago .. he's done s f a since, to be fair, rarely selected .. been overtaken by Hanlan who is not pulling up too many trees either ..
    Stick with Ajose .. he WILL come good, IF we ever find a coaching/management plan that plays to his strengths
  • KAG wide and Lookie central may be a better bet. He played wide a few times after his debut. But we have a few options; RCC, Aribo, Botaka & Chicksen who have barely featured but have had decent games when selected. If Lookie goes then any of KAG, Umerah and Hanlan may be preferable.

Very interesting and Ajose seems he does not want to be at CAFC A familiar feel to Tony Watt??
  • edited December 2016
    cafctom said:

KAG's game is basically the same as Ajose's but with less experience. Neither are good enough, by quite some way.

Agreed. I thought KAG was out on loan anyhow. If he's not and Hanlan is getting on the bench ahead of him then that's not a good sign.

I'm of the general opinion we have a slightly skewed opinion of a lot of our youngsters anyway. In my lifetime I've seen Bowyer, Shelvey, Parker, Gomez, and now it looks like Lookman (who for me the jury is still out), go on to play at top prem clubs. I think we know what the benchmark looks like now for the really good players.

I appreciate we are not competing in the Prem and we are only looking at players that could do a job in league one, but sometimes I think i'm watching a different game to others when it comes to the overall quality of our youngsters. The hoohah around Cousins springs to mind. I remember reading posts when he was sold using words like 'special player'

no way.
  • Not for the Millwall game but KAG should be getting more game time than he has seen so far this season.
  • KAG is limited but honest, always a better bet.
    Ajose is proving to be a petulant self-serving turd. Turning away from the chance of a tap in on Saturday clearly marks him out to be both an ignoramus and a shit. We need rid of his sort, trouble is, his sort infect the club from the very top.
    Ajose is proving to be a petulant self-serving turd. Turning away from the chance of a tap in on Saturday clearly marks him out to be both an ignoramus and a shit. We need rid of his sort, trouble is, his sort infect the club from the very top.

Erm.

Like the fans I believe that Ajose made the mistake like all other fans that the ball was already in the net

As for having an attitude problem have yet to see this, the only thing he doesnt do is chase every ball when its punted forward pointlessly, as mentioned by fans a few years ago Simon Church did that and the fans didnt see the point of his approach!!