Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet live interview on Belgian TV today - talking about Charlton and 'Stupid People' protests

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Thanks for the translation @Weegie Addick.

Definitely.

Did anyone manage to save the video before it was deleted?
  • Options
    This interview confirms the man to be a narcissistic, deluded fool. How any Charlton fan can still defend him is beyond belief. I'd rather have a board comprising Gliksten, Hulyer and Fryer than this madman.
  • Options
    RD - the gift that keeps on giving..!
  • Options
    That's possible. But I bet he doesn't get all that many Christmas cards at home.

Its going to be frustrating I would think knowing how many people so fervently want you to do one and are prepared to write some, in some instances, very poignant letters pointing out why that would be in everyone's best interest.

The cards may be not be from the majority of fans, but they are from a very diverse group.

• Options
    I never thought I would say this about a club I hold so dear - but I would now accept relegation to the 2nd division if it meant this ignoramus would sell up.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving , I've been told it is Dhr Duchatelet

;)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

1StevieG said:

Thanks for the translation @Weegie Addick.

Definitely.

Did anyone manage to save the video before it was deleted?
    Although whatever happens we will always now have his sound bite of 'domme mensen '.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely even the stuff about STVV is a lie?

I thought their fans thought he was a prick and wanted him out as well? Yet he makes out they're a happy clappy bunch who have a party and a dance every game.
  • Options

Off_it said:

stonemuse said:

He really doesn't understand the wide resentment that has built against him. Daisy is very disingenuous in the interpretation she is sending over in order to maintain her underserved role.

I think that's exactly right. The next course of action should be to reinforce the message that it's more than just a few activists. Mass protest in Belgium? I'm in.
    I think this would be great if we could get a mass of fans over to there, I would be in
    If this gets off the ground it would be brilliant, i'd like to be in too.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Can definitely foresee Duchatalet selling if we get promoted back to the Championship, purely so he can peddle to the Belgian media how deluded we all are and he was right all along.

Where as I can see them opposite!

Another year or two in league one will compound his loss of interest even further (especially considering alcorcon are doing pretty naff this season and so to are carl Zeis Jena I think?) ...
    he won't want to bother anymore!

Added to the fact that another season in league one would reduce season tickets even further and potentially cause more number of protests as we've given them a chance to get Ian promoted!

Hopefully his calculations come with the answer 71!
    The longer we spend in L1 the less chance of there being a quality buyer also. Him wanting to sell is only one part of the equation.
  • Options

As ever, even when CARD (of which I'm not a member or spokesman) are taking a protest breather over Christmas the regime does their job for them.

More nonsense, insults and lies all of which just fuel the flames and keep the dissent alive.

Thanks M. Duchatelet, happy Christmas.

A-hem, Henry, i'd like to think that maybe some of the other protest groups might have had a teeny-weeny little bit of influence in this too ?? - after all, the B20 have engaged with RD twice over the last month - about 2 times more than CARD have.
    Are the B20 not a part of the coalition?
  • Options

Off_it said:

stonemuse said:

He really doesn't understand the wide resentment that has built against him. Daisy is very disingenuous in the interpretation she is sending over in order to maintain her underserved role.

I think that's exactly right. The next course of action should be to reinforce the message that it's more than just a few activists. Mass protest in Belgium? I'm in.
    I think this would be great if we could get a mass of fans over to there, I would be in
    We could all dress up as village idiots just to confirm his view of us ;-)

Come to think of it, is Duchatelet related to Andy Nelson?

More like Andy Pandy ....
  • Options

As ever, even when CARD (of which I'm not a member or spokesman) are taking a protest breather over Christmas the regime does their job for them.

More nonsense, insults and lies all of which just fuel the flames and keep the dissent alive.

A-hem, Henry, i'd like to think that maybe some of the other protest groups might have had a teeny-weeny little bit of influence in this too ?? - after all, the B20 have engaged with RD twice over the last month - about 2 times more than CARD have.
    No.

Separate groups working with the same aim and coordinating with each other.
  • Options
    What an utter prick he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I still maintain that we will wake up one morning and he, and the rest of this shower,will be gone. Vanished.
    No drawn out sales process. Literally just up and leave.

I think exactly this! Remember waking up and hearing he had sold Standard Liege out of the blue!
  • Options

No.

Separate groups working with the same aim and coordinating with each other.
    Ta.
  • Options

Hmmmm, I think he probably does realise the extent of our concerns.

He has had 20-30 cards a day dropping through his letterbox fro the last two weeks posted in Belgium with the messages to Roland in them, its unlikely he will have thrown them all away without reading them.

Its clear from those that there are a very wide group of fans who have real concerns.

I think he is just blagging with this 'minority of activists' schtick

Neil is it too late to add some text? When I saw the brilliant video of you handing over letters to him, I felt guilty that I hadn't contributed. But I still can if there's an opportunity.
  • Options
    They aint gonna take it down coz of RD - its national weekly news round-up ffs.