Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you call back Tony Watt?

Anyone know if we can call Watt back in Jan?

With Novak often injured and unconvincing when on the pitch and Ajose making Naby Sarr look like good value for money, we desperately need a better partner for big Josh to stop this season fading out.

Here's 10 reasons why it would make sense to call him back...

1. We're paying most of his wages anyway
2. He isn't always starting at Hearts so probably not loving football north of the border
3. KR wants a number 10
4. It's a much cheaper option than gambling £700k on another Ajose
5. We're desperate as our season is on the verge of collapse and we will not meet the goal of a top 6 finish with Josh as the only decent striker.
6. Watt proved at Blackburn, Cardiff & us that he can do it at Championship level so there's no concern whether he has the quality for league 1
7. It's a £60 1 hour flight to fly him home after each game to spend a couple of days with his family (if homesickness was really why he want back up north).
8. It would go down well with the fans and the club could do with any 'fan wins' they can get at the moment
9. Hearts have no money to buy him in the summer so staying up there isn't going to enable a future deal
10. If the club want to sell him. Then starting (and hopefully scoring) for us will give them much more chance of getting a fee than sitting on the hearts bench.

He's contracted to us, likes the fans here and wouldn't refuse to play for us ...so it's surely down to the club whether he does again.

As he isn't in the starting 11 at Hearts I don't expect they would be too resistant if they have the Jan window to bring in someone else.

Comments

• Options
    Its a sad day when we have to consider a previous network failing to improve the current network failure...like the bit when get to the bottom of the quality street tin on boxing day and there are only cracknell's and penny toffees left.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Its a sad day when we have to consider a previous network failing to improve the current network failure...like the bit when get to the bottom of the quality street tin on boxing day and there are only cracknell's and penny toffees left.

We're always left with the creams................oh hang on a minute Tony Watt and cream yes gotta be done. Plus his mates who he had some bants with have since moved on :wink:
  • Options
    Not if he doesn't want to be here.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    cafctom said:

A half interested Tony Watt is still better an Nicky Ajose by quite some distance.

This a thousand times, anyway I'm sure that smooth talking, touchy feely scouser can persuade him as well as The Douchbag that it would be an ideal opportunity to get him back in the shop window .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You know, I really don't know if it's a good idea or not......things for and against of course.But as has already been pointed out, in the first instance does he want to return....I suspect he doesn't, in which case it's a non starter anyway.
  • Options
    I think due to the fact aribo has taken watts beloved no.32 that show he won't be coming back anytime soon.
  • Options

I think due to the fact aribo has taken watts beloved no.32 that show he won't be coming back anytime soon.

Watts in a number? :wink:
  • Options
    Why is he going to want to come back, we're hardly tearing up the dvsion.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    To start football games and because he's under contract with us....so to get his wages.
  • Options
    With Cathro having just taken over he may want to keep hold of him as he doesn't know his Best team yet, equality Tony may feel that he will be able to force his way into IC's plans. (Of course they may not have a say in it)

With KR having just taken over here him and TW may need to have a face to face meeting to discuss if either would want to work with the other.

As a supporter of both teams I think I'd rather him back at Charlton , we have no depth to our squad and are paying the majority of his wages anyway so even if he was sat on the bench it wouldn't make much of a financial difference.

That said, if KR has a choice of TW or bringing in a player of his own I'd want it to be 100% a KR decision.
  • Options
    I think his time here is done.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

He's shit? Madness

He might have been frustrating at times but he was the most talented footballer we've had in years

This all day, he's about the only striker with a pulse that we've had in ages
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    For a LOL, pick Lookman. Botaka and Tony Magic feet Watt in the same side. The other seven outfield players can be the water carriers.
    Be like watching the Harlem Globetrotters.(with feet not hands)
    Well we are a basket case.
  • Options

In terms of combinations, a fit Igor would be better as he'd pair up well with Magennis

I thought KR preferred just one up top? Are you suggesting Igor could play as the centre of the 3 behind Magennis?
  • Options
    Hell no! Even though he probably had his best spell as a footballer with us we know he will never dig in and be a team player.
  • Options
    If he wanted to come back.....yes indeed.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

He's shit? Madness

He might have been frustrating at times but he was the most talented footballer we've had in years

Talent with attitude .. that's the problem!
  • Options

No, he's shit.
    If he isn't doing it for hearts he won't be able to do it for us.

cafctom said:

A half interested Tony Watt is still better than Nicky Ajose by quite some distance.

Their finish for the second goal yesterday reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/rSIu2ScntQ8

No comment needed.
  • Options
    What about Vetokele?
  • Options
    If he had played yesterday with one boot on he still would have improved the quality in that display all 4000 of had to sit through.
    He ain't coming back to this mess of a club.
  • Options
    If Novak was having a scan he is likely to be out for some time. Ajose isn't up to a striker's role apart from tapping so we are left with one forward plus kids unless he plays Lookman in his proper role. But Ademola likely only here another few games. KR has money to spend, he wants a winger; needs two CMS but may not realise it. Has he the budget to buy a striker as well? I doubt it, so getting Watt back is a no brainer.