Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stop panicking....

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
....first bad performance in ages and everyone spits their dummies out their gobs and throws their toys out the pram. For christ sake let's calm down. If we keep the bad performances up then we panic. We didn't win wars by panicing. Best thing is sit the lads calmly down in a room on monday. Watch the video of the game. Well DVD these days. Analyse what went wrong and why it went wrong and put it to practice on the training field.

Before this game we played quite well. But at times what we have shown is the lack of a Dale Stephens type creative midfielder. Even that has shown in those game we were playing well.

We are prone to an indifferent performance like today but we have had good perforamances too. I reckon we will see these up and down performances will happen for the rest of the season. We will finish mid-table.

I think we have an honest bunch who want to try hard. It's managing these set backs.

If you can't accept bad perforamnces don't come.

Just chill!

Comments

• Options
    I'm not coming , and I am chilled!
  • Options
    I'm not panicking over anything... Usually I'm one of the most positive people on here and no defeat will get me down yet today we were just poor and I didnt think we'd get anything.

We might get into the Play-Offs but going by the teams in there already (Bolton | Bradford | Rochdale | Peterborough) we wont be promoted this season!!
  • Options
    Well I am panicking, I have just dropped a £1 coin down the back of my sofa!

As for Charlton 81, I am grieving.
  • Options
    "If you can't accept bad perforamnces don't come"

Glad Roger Johnson has toned down his language
  • Options
    Not sure anyone is panicking or even coming close to it. Utterly pissed off with a piss-poor performance on the back of three years of a hell of a lot of those and one played out against a stadium which seems to be emptier and emptier with every passing week. But panic? No.
  • Options
    It wasn't the first bad performance in ages - we were awful against Sheff Utd and in the FA Cup. Too many poor players....
  • Options

If I come round to your house and find I am pocketing it. Finders keepers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

....first bad performance in ages and everyone spits their dummies out their gobs and throws their toys out the pram. For christ sake let's calm down. If we keep the bad performances up then we panic. We didn't win wars by panicing. Best thing is sit the lads calmly down in a room on monday. Watch the video of the game. Well DVD these days. Analyse what went wrong and why it went wrong and put it to practice on the training field.

Before this game we played quite well. But at times what we have shown is the lack of a Dale Stephens type creative midfielder. Even that has shown in those game we were playing well.

We are prone to an indifferent performance like today but we have had good perforamances too. I reckon we will see these up and down performances will happen for the rest of the season. We will finish mid-table.

I think we have an honest bunch who want to try hard. It's managing these set backs.

Just chill!

You being serious? No one should accept bad performances. If a player or coach did that then they shouldn't be involved in the sport. Those people should be critical and us as fans have a right also.

• Options
    edited December 2016

You'll have plenty of time to find it Wednesday night mate when you're behind it :wink:
  • Options
    Not panicking at all

That was a seriously crap performance, and the lack of effort in the first half was worrying. I can accept people having a bad day or bad luck, but not lack of effort
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is the op Clive Dunn?

Don't tell him Pike.
  • Options
    Not panicking, just resigned to the shambles.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    We're set for midtable mediocrity this season. They'll be plenty more abject performances between now and May.
  • Options

We're set for midtable mediocrity this season. They'll be plenty more abject performances between now and May.

Which is what I have iluded to. Performances will be up and down with the squad we have. They are honest enough boys. But we don't have the quality to turn draws into wins, losses into draws or wins around 85% of the time when performance levels aren't high. But you can't hold that against the players too much. But I think there will be quite a few decent performances between now and May too. Conisistentcy of a side who are too good to go down over 46 games but don't have enough to challenge the top 6 yet.
  • Options

Thought better of that piece of class did you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That OP is utter nonsense. Today's performance was not and should never be deemed acceptable. A total lack of fight, effort and application.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

That OP is utter nonsense. Today's performance was not and should never be deemed acceptable. A total lack of fight, effort and application.

It was yesterday
  • Options

jamescafc said:

It was yesterday
    You've done me there... :neutral:
  • Options
    Or better still plan before hand and get it right rather than walk around like headless chickens.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I don't see anyone panicking.

I see a lot of Charlton fans shocked and appalled by one of the most dire performances in many a year, and rightly expressing those emotions.

Was it really that bad? Genuine question. It feels like the Oldham and Rochdale performances were worse. MK Dons last year? Ipswich at home under KF? Does this rank with those?

Okay, so what this proves more than anything is we've had a lot of shit performances.
  • Options
    I'm not picnicking, it is too cold
  • Options

Just chill!

First bad performance resulting in a loss in ages.

We've been bad for a while with a couple of half decent games in between.
  • Options
    First bad performance in ages
    Your having a laugh
    What matches u been watching?
    Or smoking??
  • Options
    Extraordinary how good we were at Bradford and a week later played so badly.....As Greavsie would often say......"It's a funny old game Saint."