Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hypothetical question for you all.

You get given a choice by the football gods.

Guaranteed double over Millwall but miss out on the play offs.

Or...

Guaranteed play off place but miss out on the chance to do the double over Millwall.

What would you choose?

Comments

• Options
    Double over your lot. Never seen 1 win let alone 2.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Double over millwall. Not least because it'd be a thing of beauty but it would put further pressure on RD / KM if we had another year in league one
  • Options
    Double over you lot all day. Been waiting 21 years for it.
  • Options
    Under normal circumstances I'd take the play-offs but seeing as I don't want this regime to succeed I'd jump at the double over you lot.
    The double in 95/96 was so enjoyable, especially as you got relegated after being top of the table towards the end of November.
  • Options

Under normal circumstances I'd take the play-offs but seeing as I don't want this regime to succeed I'd jump at the double over you lot.
    The double in 95/96 was so enjoyable, especially as you got relegated after being top of the table towards the end of November.

Please don't remind me of that. We dropped into the relegation zone in the last 15 minutes of the season!!

• Options
    Also, from memory, your draw in the last game of that season against Ipswich wasn't enough to save you but put us into the play-offs above Ipswich. Oh the irony.
    Unfortunately we couldn't make the most of your kind gift though, as we lost to the other mob in the play-off semis.
  • Options
    Play offs.

Not beating you lot is a given now anyway.
  • Options
    Double over you, I don't want these owners to have any modicum of success so I don't want us to reach the playoffs anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Double but only if you admit that it really hurts losing to your biggest rival :wink:
  • Options
    Definitely play offs, but only if you get relegated too.

:smile:
  • Options
    Guaranteed double over Millwall but miss out on the play offs as we are promoted as Champions.
  • Options

Please don't remind me of that. We dropped into the relegation zone in the last 15 minutes of the season!!

Sorry about that but with our record against you we have to cling to any crumb of comfort, however small.
  • Options
    Double over you lot of course...
  • Options
    Double. If we went up he would deffo stay.
  • Options
    Play offs.
  • Options
    Double. We would lose the play off anyway.
  • Options
    I would settle for the double, promotion and Millwall having their ground subject to a compulsory purchase order.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose that deserves a serious answer. Playoffs.
  • Options
    We will do the do the treble over you. Beat you one nil at the den. Play you off the park at the valley 3 nil . Then absolutely smash you in the play off final. Hope this answers your hypothetical question.
  • Options

We will do the do the treble over you. Beat you one nil at the den. Play you off the park at the valley 3 nil . Then absolutely smash you in the play off final. Hope this answers your hypothetical question.

and don't forget their ground becomes a distribution warehouse for Poundland.
  • Options
    Neither are of any relevance. New owners is the answer to any Charlton related question.
  • Options

This. If you had said guaranteed promotion, I would have gone for that.
  • Options
    play offs
  • Options
    It's our turn to succeed in the play-offs so I'll go for the double, then going up next year.
  • Options
    The Little Brown Teapot, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas and even Superman have all been cited to demonstrate that the burden of proof lies with the believer in demonstrating the existence of gods (and of course, they can provide no evidence), QED and all that. When it comes to football gods there's even stronger evidence that they do not exist. The very existence of the Grumpy Belgian Git, precludes the possibility of footballing gods.

Misery