Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I wish he'd stop harping on about not having Rudd | Solly | Holmes | Pearce!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for that Louis, but 1 question that has been burning and causing sleepless nights, seriously, do you really support Palace?
  • Options
    Edit , must support palace , unless we've signed a new player, I've not heard of Jason Perce in your article!
  • Options
    Oil tanker ? more like The Titanic !!
  • Options
    Phew to that Louis, I always thought t might be a windup!
  • Options

Love this analogy.

Now we have to look at ourselves and dig deeper than ever before, because that was not acceptable. We have to dig deep and find that formula. I said it was like an oil tanker and it’s been a lot harder to turn than I thought.”

Add the fact that the tanker turns right when you turn the wheel left and that Roland has been filling it up with baked beans instead of Diesel and I think you've got it about right Karl.

Nugent must be an oil tanker captain on the side then.
  • Options
    A well put interview from KR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

Thanks for that Louis, but 1 question that has been burning and causing sleepless nights, seriously, do you really support Palace?

I can confirm that I do not support Crystal Palace.
    How come 'Glad All Over' is your ringtone then?
  • Options
    On the three strikes and you're out sort of rule Robinson can be allowed today i suppose.
    However if we have a showing anywhere near that rubbish today, from February 1st onwards, then Chris McLoughlin can look himself in the mirror, straighten his tie, and give himself a cheeky grin and a knowing wink.
  • Options

“Let’s get the excuses out of the way because I don’t want to use them. Not to have Jason Perce, Declan Rudd, Chris Solly and Ricky Holmes is massive."

Don't agree with this at all. The keeper situation makes no odds to how we played. Pearce replaced by Teixeira arguably makes the side stronger. Whilst Solly is a good player, not many teams score goals and win games because of their right back. Holmes i'll give him is a big loss.

"We had 120 minutes the other day – Jordan Botaka, Ademola Lookman and Ezri Konsa were out on their feet. Taking that out of the way, all of the other stuff was nowhere near good enough. Maybe it’s a good thing for me to see the other side because sometimes you need it.”

Is Botaka really that tired, the guy has played about 5 games all season. He can't be tired!
    Lookman fair enough. But if Konsa was so tired after the other night, why didn't we play Foley at right back today?

Just unfit ; )
  • Options
    "I'm walking into The Den with Charlton Athletic. There's no other way about it"
    Weird quote, what does it actually mean?
  • Options

"I'm walking into The Den with Charlton Athletic. There's no other way about it"
    Weird quote, what does it actually mean?

Well they wouldn't allow him to drive from the dressing room to the dugout
  • Options
    He drove down to Bristol and saw our 5-1 win. I reckon he thought this was going to be easy peasy. Wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

He drove down to Bristol and saw our 5-1 win. I reckon he thought this was going to be easy peasy. Wrong.

Oh really!
  • Options
    The opening line from Louis' report might suggest Robinson fell for RD's and KM's patter.
    "Karl Robinson says it has been more difficult that he expected to find a winning formula with Charlton"

All I can say is 'Really, Karl?'
  • Options

The opening line from Louis' report might suggest Robinson fell for RD's and KM's patter.
    "Karl Robinson says it has been more difficult that he expected to find a winning formula with Charlton"

IT should be noted that he didn't find one with MK Dons who had an even worse record that Charlton during 2016. Perhaps everyone has figured out how to play KR's style of football and rather than engaging in banter KR needs to engage in a little thinking?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    sm said:

IT should be noted that he didn't find one with MK Dons who had an even worse record that Charlton during 2016. Perhaps everyone has figured out how to play KR's style of football and rather than engaging in banter KR needs to engage in a little thinking?
    Was what an MK Dons fan said to me before the FA Cup tie, but of course depends on the quality and suitability of players. Too early to judge, IMO.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Wasn't that score line a little (lot) flattering though ? I may be wrong here but weren't 3 of our goals deflections ?
  • Options

Rob said:

Wasn't that score line a little (lot) flattering though ? I may be wrong here but weren't 3 of our goals deflections ?
    They also went down to 10 men after 65 mins due to an injury having used all three subs @charltonbob full report here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37982572
  • Options

Rob said:

I was at the game and the scoreline was a little bit harsh on Rovers, but we did play very well and deserved to win comfortably. Yes there were a couple of deflections and a goalkeeping error, but there was no doubt about which team were the better side.
  • Options

Rob said:

My Gas supporting mate who was at the game said that that was the closest 5-1 he's ever seen and that Gas actually played OK. The difference according to him is that we were clinical (yes I know!) and they were profligate.
  • Options
    Yes, I was at the Bristol game as well. Them going down to 10 men had no reflection on the final score. We were well in control the whole game. Five goals may have flattered us but sometimes you make your luck which is something we don't seem to have done for a long time. And, yes, he did drive down to watch us in that game. I'm sure he loved what he saw.