Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Foxy

Comments

• Options

Prague _ You are so right.Some of our fans are always looking for a scapegoat - Leaburn,Lisbie, Francis to name but a few.I will never boo a Charlton player and Foxy always gives his best

The trouble is his best and half a dozen others' best isn't good enough.

I'd give my best, but you wouldn't want me playing left back.
  • Options

satsuma27 said:

He does get caught out of position a lot, and a couple of times today he got caught up field and wasn't busting a gut getting back.. that's just not trying very hard, and supporters hate that. I'm thinking the whole toxic atmosphere has affected the players.

To be fair though he was the one player trying to create anything... Where was Botaka and Lookman ahead of him to take on the ball meaning that Fox wasnt caught out of position? - I dont know many Footballers who can sprint the length of the pitch, sprint straight back down the length of the pitch again whilst managing to cope with a further 70-80mins

These guys are fit but they're not superhuman
    This was in the middle of the first half, he took AGES to get back, and in a really dangerous situation. If we had conceded during that attack he would have been really slauaghtered
  • Options
    League One is his level. Nothing to be worried about as he can make a decent career at that level. Fair chance it will be with us until the Belgians sell up.
  • Options

satsuma27 said:

He does get caught out of position a lot, and a couple of times today he got caught up field and wasn't busting a gut getting back.. that's just not trying very hard, and supporters hate that. I'm thinking the whole toxic atmosphere has affected the players.

To be fair though he was the one player trying to create anything... Where was Botaka and Lookman ahead of him to take on the ball meaning that Fox wasnt caught out of position? - I dont know many Footballers who can sprint the length of the pitch, sprint straight back down the length of the pitch again whilst managing to cope with a further 70-80mins

These guys are fit but they're not superhuman
    This was in the middle of the first half, he took AGES to get back, and in a really dangerous situation. If we had conceded during that attack he would have been really slauaghtered
    It was the 16th minute if I'm not mistaken, because I was furious and commented that if he could only casually trot after 16 mins, then he shouldn't have started.
  • Options

Prague _ You are so right.Some of our fans are always looking for a scapegoat - Leaburn,Lisbie, Francis to name but a few.I will never boo a Charlton player and Foxy always gives his best

But if I could see you were giving your best, I would not boo you, although I'd give pelters to the idiot who picked you.

What did you think of Simon Francis? I saw inept performances from him, although I always thought that lack of confidence was paralysing him. I never thought he would be capable of playing at a higher level. But I never played football myself at any kind of senior level, so I tend to stick to my level when commenting players' performances. And i don't boo our players unless they are cheating their way to a pay packet.

I never thought Simon Francis was that bad actually. If we had better strikers than Akpo Sodje, Mooney, Pawel Abbott etc I doubt he and McOxo would have got so much stick
  • Options
    Simon Francis was complete shit end of.
  • Options
    Yes I know he came from the academy and that's great but unfortunately he isn't good enough. He cannot defend. That's what he is there to do. Defend. I don't care who's in front of him or how good he is going forward. Too many crosses come from his side. Too many times he is out of position. It's a shame as yes he maybe does give his all. The 2nd goal today why did he watch the player shoot ??? I know he got through 3 other players but he had the opportunity to put a foot in and just watched. He frustrates the life out of me.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I like Fox and want him to do well, and he was our best player a few games ago, but today he was awful. His touch, his positioning, his awareness was all poor, and he miscontrolled the ball more times than I can remember. I know he has been one of the players out with an illness recently and perhaps that is still affecting them slightly, but nothing worked today, even when he was clearing the ball he'd take so long to pull his foot back to kick the ball, their players would close him down to block it.

He needs more protection, Botaka and Lookman aren't good enough at defending. Remember players like Kishishev, Song, Semedo, Hughes, even recent players like Diarra, Buyens, Poyet and Kashi, central midfielders who used to move laterally to cut out play when opposition attacked the wings. Crofts and Ulvestad don't do that, and the three other two are usually the idiots that have just conceded possession.

I really hope he bounces back from it, and whilst I thought he was awful today and the sub was justified, the booing and sarcastic cheering wasn't.

Please please please can we start Chicksen left midfield next game?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Yeah but, Chicksen is rubbish, isn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Chicksen had Ajose in front of him last week at Bradford which made his performance all the more creditable, just saying like.
  • Options

But if I could see you were giving your best, I would not boo you, although I'd give pelters to the idiot who picked you.

What did you think of Simon Francis? I saw inept performances from him, although I always thought that lack of confidence was paralysing him. I never thought he would be capable of playing at a higher level. But I never played football myself at any kind of senior level, so I tend to stick to my level when commenting players' performances. And i don't boo our players unless they are cheating their way to a pay packet.

I agree with every word.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

He does seem to have become a bit of a whipping boy now. However, I just don't think he is good enough -- especially if by some Christmas miracle we got back onto the Championship. And having to play behind Lookman doesn't help. Think Chicksen has to start at the Den on Wednesday - not that it matters too much, on today's performance the knuckle-draggers will eat us up and spit us out!

I was not there for the game today, can't comment. Generally from what I have seen of him I rate him highly

He needs a bit of help in front of him.

Hes not bad, he's a good player for us.

Digging him out is counter productive.

I say shame on the booers.
  • Options
    There are fans who have bothered to actually turn up to the game today, to call them cowards or question thier right to boo is wrong.

We all have differing opinions,but if you feel so strongly about other fans actions then why not counter that by cheering a player on that bit louder?
  • Options

There are fans who have bothered to actually turn up to the game today, to call them cowards or question thier right to boo is wrong.

We all have differing opinions,but if you feel so strongly about other fans actions then why not counter that by cheering a player on that bit louder?

What does sarcastically cheering when a player is subbed or booing players actually achieve?
  • Options
    boggzy said:

sam3110 said:

What does sarcastically cheering when a player is subbed or booing players actually achieve?
    It makes you feel better about your shit job and your pig-ugly missus refusing to blow you anymore.
    Christ, sounds like you're still in The Pilot..!!
  • Options

Simon Francis was complete shit end of.

Yet he has been fantastic for Bournemouth.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

boggzy said:

sam3110 said:

It makes you feel better about your shit job and your pig-ugly missus refusing to blow you anymore.
    Christ, sounds like you're still in The Pilot..!!
    Arf!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boggzy said:

sam3110 said:

I suppose when you put it like that............ :open_mouth:
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

By all means boo and jeer players or team at full time but doing it during the match is ridiculous and has no positive impact on the player or the team.

It's what we've always done . It's pathetic and will never stop . Sad really.
  • Options
    I could see a decent player in Francis , I don't in Fox but the sarcastic cheering for his substitution was a rare bit of noise from our lame support
    Did Wednesday really bid over a mill for him ?
  • Options
    And Makienok is hitting form for Preston. What's changed? He's not playing in front of the twats in the north upper
  • Options

And Makienok is hitting form for Preston. What's changed? He's not playing in front of the twats in the north upper

It doesn't help but the way RD changes managers 2/3 times a season makes it difficult for any player.

There was no real thought and understanding of how Makienok would fit into our team. Luzon wanted his wide players to cut inside while Makienok needed crosses.

It's almost like they knew we needed a target man so went for the tallest one available.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There were a few worse than Fox today. That he was booed was scapegoating I thought.

A fair few of the team were much worse than Morgan! Tex, Croft, Botaka and Lookman to name a few!
  • Options
    A bad player in a bad team. And we were still a bad team after he went off. The whole team got booed of so maybe that evened it up a bit. If he gets dropped who will be our next scapegoat I wonder? Ajose better get a goal soon I think!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Same people that probably cheered off Makienok. Take a look where he is now. Scoring for Preston again today.

16 appearances 5 goals...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

1StevieG said:

Same people that probably cheered off Makienok. Take a look where he is now. Scoring for Preston again today.

16 appearances 5 goals...
    And 3 of those in the same game, not really setting the world alight is he.

(for the record I thought Simon got a tough gig with us, as we didn't play to his strengths at all)