Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Foxy

Yes Morgan had a poor game today. Constructive criticism is always fair enough. But abuse is over stepping the mark. He certainly doesn't deserve abuse. Today was bang out of order the way he was treated. He may not be the best ever LB but the boy does care.
«134

Comments

  • good post .. always thought Fox'd be better as a central defender .. whatever ..

    Chicksen right now is a better bet at left back .. I was amazed today that Robinson Crusoe did not select him, not even as a left sided midfielder .. anyway, Fox is OK but not worth a spot a t m even in a pretty desperate team
  • What abuse did he get,must have missed that unless you mean the booing, hardly abuse if so.

    However I do agree he cares and he tries, that sad truth is he is nowhere near good enough.
  • No player is immune to criticism or abuse from fans.
    It's how they react to it that matters.

    I can fully understand our fans frustration towards Morgan, as he has been at fault a number of times this season.
    You can't polish a turd.


  • Hate modern football crowds at times


    Can today's effort technically be called a crowd??


    Agree with the idiotic spouting off nonsense.
  • Given that Chicksen is two footed, pacy and a reasonable football brain, decent at tackling; could he work as CM? Worked for Koch and Kishorn.
  • Don't agree with the booing of any player that plays for our team.

    Hopefully he's allowed some time out of the team to come back stronger (I imagine he's getting dropped next game after that performance anyway).
  • Fox is just as much a casualty of this dreadful Belgian ownership as the rest of us. He's been thrown into league football too soon because of the owner's misguided policy of milking the youth scheme for cash and refusal to pay for experience and depth in the squad. Fair play to him though, he never hides during a game - unlike some who did today.

    My fear is he'll end up like Simon Francis. Basically destroyed as a Charlton player by bad management and a toxic home crowd (what's left of it)
  • Sponsored links:


  • seth plum said:

    There were a few worse than Fox today. That he was booed was scapegoating I thought.

    I feel a bit for Morgan, a charlton home grown player, full of heart, he's not blessed with the greatest of pace, and has the odd mistake in him, has a bad game or two in him , but gets pelters.

    He is not the reason we are where we are, I really hoped he would kick on with us this season , do people on CL think that he's more than good enough for us at this level, or is just never going to make it at Charlton?

    I hope he can get his head down, work hard, get his game together and come back stronger.
  • seth plum said:

    There were a few worse than Fox today. That he was booed was scapegoating I thought.

    I feel a bit for Morgan, a charlton home grown player, full of heart, he's not blessed with the greatest of pace, and has the odd mistake in him, has a bad game or two in him , but gets pelters.

    He is not the reason we are where we are, I really hoped he would kick on with us this season , do people on CL think that he's more than good enough for us at this level, or is just never going to make it at Charlton?

    I hope he can get his head down, work hard, get his game together and come back stronger.
    I think the problem is that his lack of pace shows him up a lot more in his position than anywhere else.

    Up against wingers that are usually the fastest players on the pitch, so Fox constantly gets beaten down the wing and unable to block crosses coming in. His mistakes are also capitalised on far more as he isn't able to track back quickly either.

    Like someone else said maybe he's better suited as a CB, but might be too late by now.
  • edited December 2016
    Not saying I agree with it but people who gave him abuse will argue they pay their entrance fee and will feel entitled to voice their opinions.

    KR needs to have a little look at himself on this one, 1) For selecting him over Chicksen who had a very good game at Bradford and scored in midweek. 2) By failing to provide the cover in front if him so many on here say he needs. And 3) By withdrawing him from the field of play early, assuming he wasn't injured, thereby isolating him for critism.
  • edited December 2016
    WSS said:

    Missed It said:

    Fox is just as much a casualty of this dreadful Belgian ownership as the rest of us. He's been thrown into league football too soon because of the owner's misguided policy of milking the youth scheme for cash and refusal to pay for experience and depth in the squad. Fair play to him though, he never hides during a game - unlike some who did today.

    My fear is he'll end up like Simon Francis. Basically destroyed as a Charlton player by bad management and a toxic home crowd (what's left of it)

    In some ways I hope he does, looking at Francis now.

    The strange things is, I bet it is the same people who are banging on about stopping protests and supporting the team that are then booing players like Morgan.

    Fruitnuts.
    A player shouldn't have to go through that though should they. Francis had the attributes to be a good player, Charlton destroyed his confidence. You could see he was practically paralysed with fear in his last games here. A fresh start, his own strength of character and decent management allowed him to reach a higher level.

    I'm not sure Fox has the level of ability to get any further than League One, certainly not the pace to play at full back higher up the leagues. Charlton could put a permanent dent in his career
  • Thing is neither of the goals conceded today were in anyway his fault!!... Others deserved much higher criticism

    Its as I said prior to the game, simply by being selected ahead of Chicksen it meant that Fox was in a rough day from some before the match even started

    Do those fans actually realise that Fox isnt demanding he play every week?
  • edited December 2016
    He does get caught out of position a lot, and a couple of times today he got caught up field and wasn't busting a gut getting back.. that's just not trying very hard, and supporters hate that. I'm thinking the whole toxic atmosphere has affected the players.
  • satsuma27 said:

    He does get caught out of position a lot, and a couple of times today he got caught up field and wasn't busting a gut getting back.. that's just not trying very hard, and supporters hate that. I'm thinking the whole toxic atmosphere has affected the players.

    To be fair though he was the one player trying to create anything... Where was Botaka and Lookman ahead of him to take on the ball meaning that Fox wasnt caught out of position? - I dont know many Footballers who can sprint the length of the pitch, sprint straight back down the length of the pitch again whilst managing to cope with a further 70-80mins

    These guys are fit but they're not superhuman
  • Sponsored links:


  • He does seem to have become a bit of a whipping boy now. However, I just don't think he is good enough -- especially if by some Christmas miracle we got back onto the Championship. And having to play behind Lookman doesn't help. Think Chicksen has to start at the Den on Wednesday - not that it matters too much, on today's performance the knuckle-draggers will eat us up and spit us out!
  • addick05 said:

    He does seem to have become a bit of a whipping boy now. However, I just don't think he is good enough -- especially if by some Christmas miracle we got back onto the Championship. And having to play behind Lookman doesn't help. Think Chicksen has to start at the Den on Wednesday - not that it matters too much, on today's performance the knuckle-draggers will eat us up and spit us out!

    Quite simply we need to have Lookman and Konsa together on the right (Isnt Lookman right footed?) with Chicksen and Fox on the Left!!
  • And then Konsa gets exposed .
  • When he scores the winner on Wednesday I hope he cups his ear to the away fans.
  • Certainly has more right to do it than Novak, winning goal against Chesterfield , cups his ear
    , then misses a sitter minutes later.
  • By all means boo and jeer players or team at full time but doing it during the match is ridiculous and has no positive impact on the player or the team.
  • edited December 2016
    I didn't and wouldn't boo Fox or any of the players (apart from the Wycombe cup game).

    However, Fox has been absolutely shocking all season, apart from a few decent games in November.

    How he can stay in the team beggars belief.

    Until Fox, Crofts and Ajose are left out & we start a match with eleven competent players, we will not get above half way.

    The same can be said for Foley & Jackson when they start in midfield.

    We are carrying too many players that for whatever reason are not playing well enough for League 1.

    Rudd, Phillips, Solly, Foley at RB, Bauer, Tex, Pearce, Chicksen, Holmes, Lookman, Ulvestad & Magennis are good enough.

    The rest to a greater or lesser extent are not good enough to start and we shall continue to struggle if they do.

    Look at the stats, virtually every week it's the same half dozen at the bottom (if they play).

    Fox, Crofts, Foley, Ajose, Novak & Jackson. The stats are there !
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!