Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad photo?

Did we have one taken this season?

Have we had them for the past few years/managers?

Comments

• Options
  • Options

The photgrapher turned up on the usual date, but no one told the players :wink:
  • Options

AFAIK the only team pic under this regime is the one with Bob Peters in 2014.

"I shouldn't say this but I don't care about the history of the club."
  • Options
    I'm amazed that it doesn't happen annually as a matter of course. Transfer window closes in August - first Monday in September (or whenever) is a recurring booking with the photographer. Can't believe it's that difficult to organise. I suppose it just takes rather more will power than Lazy Daisy's got.
  • Options

Stig said:

I'm amazed that it doesn't happen annually as a matter of course. Transfer window closes in August - first Monday in September (or whenever) is a recurring booking with the photographer. Can't believe it's that difficult to organise. I suppose it just takes rather more will power than Lazy Daisy's got.

You'd be surprised what a pain in the backside it is to arrange for a time when every member of the squad/staff can be available.
    We looked at getting it done in September but every date got turned down for one reason or another, be it players away on international duty, other events/appearences or appointments booked in after training.
    My preference is that we do it at the training ground on the same day as we do the players' headshots. Not as asthetically pleasing as The Valley, but gets the job done in good time and fully agree we should have a squad photo every season as a matter of course.
    That's something I'll be pushing for next season.
    Fully accept the logistics are tough but every club manages it, and I would imagine the main sponsors demand it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised that in this day and age, they can do a decent quality 'photoshopped' version, so no one has to be in one place at the same time
  • Options

Surprised that in this day and age, they can do a decent quality 'photoshopped' version, so no one has to be in one place at the same time

One to look into, maybe?
  • Options

Stig said:

You'd be surprised what a pain in the backside it is to arrange for a time when every member of the squad/staff can be available.
    We looked at getting it done in September but every date got turned down for one reason or another, be it players away on international duty, other events/appearences or appointments booked in after training.
    My preference is that we do it at the training ground on the same day as we do the players' headshots. Not as asthetically pleasing as The Valley, but gets the job done in good time and fully agree we should have a squad photo every season as a matter of course.
    That's something I'll be pushing for next season.
    Does Roland choose who sits where.
  • Options

Was booked in to take place on November 17th. It was cancelled for obvious reasons!

I would have photoshopped Robbo into the picture
  • Options
    Does make you wonder how Annie Leibovitz, gets all those International business people together, let alone the cream of the media business in those Vanity fair photos, The Queen's children, and HM herself, does it not?......And poor old Daniel Kramer with Bob Dylan?...... bloke cannot even 'rack up' to even collect his award eh!......
    Obviously, the squad at CAFC have such a pressing, business and social whirl diary, that this third division squad cannot be tied down to a specific date......

And the first one now will later be last
    Cause the times they are a-changing

• Options

Does make you wonder how Annie Leibovitz, gets all those International business people together, let alone the cream of the media business in those Vanity fair photos, The Queen's children, and HM herself, does it not?......And poor old Daniel Kramer with Bob Dylan?...... bloke cannot even 'rack up' to even collect his award eh!......
    Obviously, the squad at CAFC have such a pressing, business and social whirl diary, that this third division squad cannot be tied down to a specific date......

And the first one now will later be last
    Cause the times they are a-changing

Quite right Ken it's pathetic.
  • Options
    They can organise themselves together pretty easily for a xmas drink in Greenwich before a game though can't they.......slackers.....
  • Options

Yep they do this with our uni cricket team. Always happens at the beginning of the year before most people have got kit. So we take 3 photos and switch who is wearing kit in each one then merge them together. Really not too hard.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Thanks to Big Rob for the idea.

Charlton Team Photo

Brilliant stig!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon we have not done one this year because Daisy won't pay for a photographer.

• Options
    @Stig Brilliant! It always shocks me when you do a google search for JJ.
  • Options
    So the club cannot organise the 1st team squad ro be together for 1 day to habe a picture taken. All seems very odd, particularly when you remember 5 years ago the club had a picture taken of the 1st team, and virtually all of the clubs staff as well.
  • Options
    I suppose as the club can't even design an original programme cover, they could have a squad picture from previous seasons too.
  • Options
    Christ you lot moan about everything, can't you see how hard it would be to organise this with our ever changing squad? We would have to issue replacement heads for the rejects mid season.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

So the club cannot organise the 1st team squad ro be together for 1 day to habe a picture taken. All seems very odd, particularly when you remember 5 years ago the club had a picture taken of the 1st team, and virtually all of the clubs staff as well.

The people that used to organise that have all probably left or been laid off
  • Options
    In the 98/99 version I'm convinced Carl Tiler's head was stuck on someone else's body, as I always assumed the photo was taken in the summer and he was signed a few weeks after the season started. Perhaps you can get away with one player, but not half a squad.