Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How long does Robinson get?

Just saying. No new manager bounce. That first half was pitiful. Bring back Nugent!!

Comments

• As bad as today sounded, i hope he gets at least the rest of this season and then into next. We need some stability.

I hope we're planning to buy at least 2 central midfielders as soon as the window opens, no point fucking about for 30 days, we need them now. Also hope that Holmes is back soon and by some miracle Kashi too then we can make a charge in the 2nd half of the season.

Robinson isn't an idiot, he will know what this squad is missing.
  • We were worse than any game under Slade today... Yet we can't keep sacking Managers after six months its getting us no where

The Manager wasn't the issue prior to Slade being sacked, Swindon I felt was an off day because we were missing our pacey players... today was worse than that because we had players who could easily have hurt Peterborough yet rolled over for them... Yes I think Robinson is worse than Slade, I never wanted him but as said... We cant sack him we need stability now!!
  • He humiliated Fox today by subbing him at the end.
  • Not long if results don't go his way.
    If he's hoping he will be given any sort of time to turn this around then he is very much mistaken.

Roland shows no signs of patience...unless you happen to be his CEO!
  • As others have said expect Robinson to be here at the end of the season because we need stability.
    I wonder how many games his teams (MK and Charlton) have won this season?
  • As others have said expect Robinson to be here at the end of the season because we need stability.

How many league games has Robinson won in 2016?

• Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

He humiliated Fox today by subbing him at the end.

I agree with that, thought the cheering of him going off was awful. He had a very poor game but he was certainly not alone. Quicker we have a midfield that doesn't include Crofts the better, thought he got absolutely slaughtered today in the middle.
    Also agree, shouldn't have been subbed and will echo whats been said above. Thought Crofts was atrocious and much worse than Fox.
  • WSS said:

As others have said expect Robinson to be here at the end of the season because we need stability.

How many league games has Robinson won in 2016?

How many league games this season?.
    He had a really bad run with MK which led to his sacking.
  • TOO LATE NOW.. Robinson's in and will be here for a while irrespective of results .. The owners should have begged Nugent to change his mind and to take the job, offered him a long gold plated contract .... but NO .. Meire, who knows fuck all about football, falls for the gurning, grinning, smooth talking, big haired bullshitter that is Robinson .. I'll wager the players don't like him and all the time he's at the Valley, they will NEVER go the extra yard for him .. but .. too late now .. he's in

• Im not impressed so far, for an attacking coach we dont attack much and we looked better under Nugent but.......

We have to break this short-termism and allow a manager time.

Though it doesnt really matter how much time or support we fans give any manager.

Duchatelet could sack to Robinson and put Cuckoo Chris O'Loughlin in charge on a whim because that's what he does.

I bet O'Congo Chris is crapping himself at that prospect.
  • Im not impressed so far, for an attacking coach we dont attack much and we looked better under Nugent but.......

Though it doesnt really matter how much time or support we fans give any manager.

Duchatelet could sack Robinson and put Cuckoo Chris O'Loughlin in charge on a whim because that's what he does.

Exactly. We need to get behind Robinson for this very reason, as we all know who will be next in charge.
  • Roland calls the shots - we were 100% behind CP and he fired him.
    What we do as supporters has no bearing on how the club is run.

We will get thrashed at the toolbox and it's honeymoon over for Karl.
    Then we will get the usual trash excuses.....injury hit thin squad in fixture pile-up etc etc, when the truth is that we are owned by a multi-millionaire who could remedy all those things with the swish of a biro - but won't.

Belgians Out !

Duchatelet could sack Robinson and put Cuckoo Chris O'Loughlin in charge on a whim because that's what he does.

This is absolutely right.
    No Robinson doesn't mean Nugent, it means O'Loughlin.
  • No reason why he would be given longer than slade of results are similar?
    Katrien is so desperate for promotion this season that we could we'll see a third manager to his second season late on when she thinks we've still got a sniff of playoffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

No reason why he would be given longer than slade of results are similar?
    Katrien is so desperate for promotion this season that we could we'll see a third manager to his second season late on when she thinks we've still got a sniff of playoffs!

I don't think it's her decision.
  • Just saying. No new manager bounce. That first half was pitiful. Bring back Nugent!!

As long as the mad Belgian wants him. Going on his average about 6 months
  • masicat said:

What a stupid thread.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you. But not with our owner.
  • Redrobo said:

FFS! The man has not had the chance to bring in a player yet. The whole of football and my dog know we have not got a good enough midfield, so what exactly did you expect to change?

Slade was dealt a poor hand as the owner did not back him in the summer and in my opinion did OK given he had a completely new squad and was sacked prematurely with having had so little time to progress the team.

We now have a new manager with a team that has not got the players to play the system he wants. He needs to find out who can adapt and who can't and replace in Jan and the summer.

CP after a few good results went on a poor run and then rebuilt in the summer. We will have to do the same again. Give him to December next year minimum.

I agree that we all know that midfield is poor but Robinson is on record as saying we need strengthening wide not in the middle. He even makes the pedestrian Crofts captain, despite him showing no leadership skills. Bauer seems a better bet.
  • edited December 2016
    masicat said:

What a stupid thread.

Agree. Absolutely ridiculous thread. Embarrassing.
  • Pre season, slade would have encouraged more signings for more depth. Especially for the midfield. He said this several times in ore season post match interviews.... Was clearly frustrated with lack of incoming players and thin squad. Then eventually reacted a bit stupidly when questioned. The patient thing.

The fact that we still did not have enough depth and quality in the centre of the park by the end of august....even though the owner is a half billionaire.

Says it all.

The manager will always be undermined...never really taken seriously, and never listened to.

Roland knows best, in his eyes....because he's very wealthy....everyone else is an ant.

• Off_it said:

masicat said:

What a stupid thread.

Agree. Absolutely ridiculous thread. Embarrassing.
    That's sadly the consequences of the Duchatelet effect !! :-(