Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you have a season ticket ...

Simple question to all current season ticket holders. As things stand at the moment and assuming the second half of the season pans out like the first (the odd win and good performance accompanied by much dross) would you renew your season ticket next year?

Comments

• At £160 all day long
  • bellz2002 said:

Not a chance. I've paid about £550 for my ticket plus £210 for coach season ticket.
    It is not enjoyable and is losing (already lost?) its identity.

When the owners sell I will buy a season ticket straightaway. Never thought I would stop buying a season ticket. Sad that it's coming to this.

If you think this season's attendances are bad, wait till next season.

I take it you enjoyed last season enough bellz?
  • bellz2002 said:

Not a chance. I've paid about £550 for my ticket plus £210 for coach season ticket.
    It is not enjoyable and is losing (already lost?) its identity.

When the owners sell I will buy a season ticket straightaway. Never thought I would stop buying a season ticket. Sad that it's coming to this.

If you think this season's attendances are bad, wait till next season.

I take it you enjoyed last season enough bellz?
    No but it feels like this is beyond breaking point now. I did hold back on renewing until late July though.

I still live in hope though that it may turn around. Misguided hope perhaps. I'll make my mind up properly in April/ May.
  • edited December 2016
    Every year I seem to be losing about 10%-20% enthusiasm from the Chris Powell days, so I'm down to about 43% now, I'm not really enjoying it anymore so I think it's doubtful I'll renew, I only did it last time because it was so cheap, this year they may have to pay me.
  • Confession- I fell for the hype. I sit in the Lower North. As that area has been lowered in price I thought it would be packed and I would loose my current seat. Wrong, gaps everywhere. I will not renew next season.
  • All adult season tickets ought to be £100 next season, and all concessions £50.
    Roland loves pumping money in I hear.
  • edited December 2016
    Yep. I'll be f***ed if some Belgians try and spoil my weekly entertainment. It's not just the football you know. I love the atmosphere and the half time entertainment is better than anything you get at cirque du soleil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Of course, why wouldn't I?

Bless you, Al. You never disappoint.
  • Simple question to all current season ticket holders. As things stand at the moment and assuming the second half of the season pans out like the first (the odd win and good performance accompanied by much dross) would you renew your season ticket next year?

Yes
  • Yes. It's a marriage for better or worse.
  • Fair play. But is there anything, anything at all, this lot could do that would make you change your mind and not renew?
  • How about relegation, sacking the new new manager and selling off every squad member except roger johnson.
  • How about relegation, sacking the new new manager and selling off every squad member except roger johnson.

Off_it said:

Fair play. But is there anything, anything at all, this lot could do that would make you change your mind and not renew?

CARD calling a boycott.
    Tbh off it when yourself and others like yourself are boycotting perhaps the rest of us should take notice was Bradford last week your first game this season
  • se9addick said:

How about relegation, sacking the new new manager and selling off every squad member except roger johnson.

"Let's get behind RoJo and the boys"!
    Off_it said:

Fair play. But is there anything, anything at all, this lot could do that would make you change your mind and not renew?

Realistically I don't think there's much save selling off the Valley and moving us to a Milton Keynes esque location that would stop me being a season ticket holder. Trust me - I struggle with it - I fully back the protests and take part as much as I can and I would much prefer not to give Roland £300 a year, however going to watch Charlton is an important part of my life - it's the main quality time I spend with my Dad and I really wont let Roland take that from me.

As long as there a team called Charlton Athletic that plays at the Valley then health permitting I'll be there.
    Like I say, that's fair enough. I used to feel like that. But not any more.
  • First week I've been available this week and not gone.

It really troubled me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes...course i am a fan.
  • clb74 said:

How about relegation, sacking the new new manager and selling off every squad member except roger johnson.

Off_it said:

CARD calling a boycott.
    Tbh off it when yourself and others like yourself are boycotting perhaps the rest of us should take notice was Bradford last week your first game this season
    Yes mate, I'm a glory boy!

I went to two pre seasons but that was my first proper game. I thought it would be harder than it has been, but there have been some games we've played that I never even knew about until a day or two afterwards. That was unheard of for the "old" me. But now I just can't bring myself to go, or give that arsehole any money.

If that happens to someone like me within just a few months then I really do wonder how we may ever get some people back.
  • edited December 2016

First week I've been available this week and not gone.

It really troubled me.

It gets easier. Soon you won't even know who we're playing that day. Then you won't even realise we played. That's what's happened to me.

And I say all that with a sense of dejected resignation.
  • Plenty of regime apologists on here.

Turn it in mate. That doesn't really help.
  • Off_it said:

Plenty of regime apologists on here.

Turn it in mate. That doesn't really help.
    Really?
    On what basis?

Who's apologised for the regime ?
  • se9addick said:

Plenty of regime apologists on here.

Who's apologised for the regime ?
    CARD... to the rest of football.
  • Yes, my daughter loves going to the football and I don't have it in me to go and watch another club
  • Yes, I will. True supporters go through thick and thin. It's been pretty thin over the last few years but I will be renewing. Still an excuse to meet up with mates, have a few beers and chat, sometimes followed by a good experience, or not. I will continue to renew, no matter who the owners are. I'm a, fan, thats what I do.