Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KASEY PALMER

13»

Comments

• Options

Considering the amount of outstanding talents that find their way to Chelsea's academy and Loftus-Cheek is still trying to establish his self at the bridge.
    John Terry is the last academy player to come through to play regular at Chelski.

Hudson-Odoi seems likely to be the one to break the mould (if he decides to sign a new contract)
  • Options

Seems he'll be a Championship level Midfielder then

Probably but he is only recently turned 22, plenty of time yet.
    Yeah, Stephens must have been early 20s when we picked him up in League 1 and he's gone on to be a pretty good Premiership midfielder. Think if Brighton went down he'd hang around up there.
    Looking up Stephens, the myth that he's about 5 ft 7 is still going, it's even on Brighton's OS. I'm sure that was a "fact" when he was playing for us, despite clearly being quite a bit taller than that.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/first-team/midfielder/dale-stephens/
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Seems he'll be a Championship level Midfielder then

Probably but he is only recently turned 22, plenty of time yet.
    Yeah, Stephens must have been early 20s when we picked him up in League 1 and he's gone on to be a pretty good Premiership midfielder. Think if Brighton went down he'd hang around up there.
    Looking up Stephens, the myth that he's about 5 ft 7 is still going, it's even on Brighton's OS. I'm sure that was a "fact" when he was playing for us, despite clearly being quite a bit taller than that.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/first-team/midfielder/dale-stephens/
    I think our official site had Stephens at 5' 7" and Bradley Pritchard at 6ft. I assumed that these were mixed up.
  • Options

Championship side Bristol City have re-signed midfielder Kasey Palmer from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan with the Robins, scoring two goals in 17 outings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49192740

• Options
    Sage said:
    clive said:

Championship side Bristol City have re-signed midfielder Kasey Palmer from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan with the Robins, scoring two goals in 17 outings.

Believe to be £3.5mil.

Good young team Bristol City have got.

Goes to show with the right ownership and sensible methods, clubs can be relatively successful. Also shows that Roland spouts nonsense because I am convinced there are decent people who want us, just can’t because his asking price is too much.
    Do we (Roland) get any sell-on from that deal?  Would assume the tribunal would have stated a price to pay and a sell on %
  • Options
    He has a LOT of experience for a 22 year old
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Chrispy51 said:
    Sage said:
    clive said:

Believe to be £3.5mil.

Goes to show with the right ownership and sensible methods, clubs can be relatively successful. Also shows that Roland spouts nonsense because I am convinced there are decent people who want us, just can’t because his asking price is too much.
    Do we (Roland) get any sell-on from that deal?  Would assume the tribunal would have stated a price to pay and a sell on %
    No sell on. He went to Chelsea under the FA's farcical Elite Player Performance Plan.

Two Chalets can take stick for a lot of things, but this was a pure English football screw up.

Thank you, Greg Dyke...
  • Options
    So Kasey left a championship club all those years ago and four years later ended up...................at another championship club. All that hard work paying off.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    So Kasey left a championship club all those years ago and four years later ended up...................at another championship club. All that hard work paying off.

He's earned more in those 4 years than most of us will make in a lifetime. I doubt he has many regrets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:
    I wonder if he's earnt his first million yet ?
    I would guess he has and is reasonably happy with his career moves.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    buckshee said:

He's earned more in those 4 years than most of us will make in a lifetime. I doubt he has many regrets. 
    Might look at how his old mate: Joe Gomez has improved though after going from Academy > First Team > Big Club with a bit of regret
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:
    Sage said:
    clive said:

Believe to be £3.5mil.

No sell on. He went to Chelsea under the FA's farcical Elite Player Performance Plan.

Two Chalets can take stick for a lot of things, but this was a pure English football screw up.

Thank you, Greg Dyke...
    I thought we got £1.4M up front with add-ons that could reach £8M?

I agree that the EPPP payments are a joke.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Might look at how his old mate: Joe Gomez has improved though after going from Academy > First Team > Big Club with a bit of regret
    Equally he was a big club and didn't quit make it, that might have happened regardless.  Gomez is a very high benchmark.

There will have been others in his age group playing non-league or out of football altogether. 

I was told he was on £750k a year so he's earned £3m before tax and his family were pretty strict that he invested two thirds of that £15k a week too.

Anyway, Bristol City isn't the end of the world. Ambitious, well run club who might make the play-offs this year.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ferryman said:
    Chrispy51 said:
    Sage said:
    clive said:

Believe to be £3.5mil.

Thank you, Greg Dyke...
    I thought we got £1.4M up front with add-ons that could reach £8M?

I agree that the EPPP payments are a joke.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasey_Palmer

"Due to their academy status, the Blues were able to sign Palmer for only a small compensation fee."

• Options
    He had a good grounding in his career, apparently, coming through the ranks at Chelsea.

That little knobhead presenter on ITV 4 is a ...... little knobhead!