Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KASEY PALMER

Comments

• Ben18 said:

Curb_It said:

His constant digs at Powell. His waffling on the other week in a thread about us basically being unreasonable in our protests and lecturing us, It appeared to me he didn't really know much about why we were doing it. When people much more able than me furnished him with facts he disappears.

Not a fan.

Pretty much comes on here to brag. He's one step up the rival fan ladder from Matt_Himself.
    Brag?, no chance!. We have nothing to brag about, just enjoying the season and the football we play.

If I wanted to come on here and Brag then why didn't I post at all at the start of this season when we were points clear at the top beating Newcastle away or when we beat you comfortably at home last season?. Surely both great opportunities to brag?. I was nowhere to be seen. You were a shambles at our place and I felt for the Hardy soles that travelled up.

Back to Palmer, he is one of a few Chelsea Players out on loan at such as us, Bristol City and Rovers and I think as Charlton fans it's a fair call to ask why you aren't on the Chelsea loan gravy train!.

Re comment about belief in your Players and a positive approach being a great way to go. Little old Huddersfield are punching above their weight against the money boys and I though Charlton fans would recognise and identify with that and perhaps from afar appreciate what can be achieved.
  • I think too many people are getting blinded by their love for Chrissy Powell on this thread. Obviously a Huddersfield fan won't feel the same as most of us will towards Powell but it's pretty undeniable that their new manager has come in, turned things around and they've thrived under him. Not so much a dig at Powell, as simply just praise for the new guy.
  • edited December 2016
    Chris from Sidcup! Please read this blokes previous posts?! It's fuck all to do with Powell.

He questions our moaning about Karl Robinson. He questions our moans constantly.

The bloke is annoying.

My opinion. Ahem.
  • edited December 2016
    Ahem. Ignore this.
  • Watched the Norwich v Huddersfield game and was impressed with the flat cap and whippet merchants, played some nice stuff.

However, Norwich were appalling, a complete shambles and barely posed a threat in the second half.

Also sounded like the manager had the crowd on his back big time.
  • Norwich players, not the crowd this time need a good bollocking from Delia .. 'one more time ..LET'S BE 'AVIN YOUSE' )):>)
  • I find some of the posts on here interesting. I post something positive about how a new positive Manager at a football Club that believes in his Players and sets Teams up to win matches has transformed our Team / Club.

Others on here then turn my posts into something to do with Chris Powell?. Why?, and what is the association with the context of my posts that make some of you want to make my contributions in this thread about Chris Powell?.

An explanation would be helpful, where are you (you) getting the link from my posts to Chris Powell from?. I didn't mention him at all, some of you have though?.

Bizarre.

• edited December 2016

I find some of the posts on here interesting. I post something positive about how a new positive Manager at a football Club that believes in his Players and sets Teams up to win matches has transformed our Team / Club.

Others on here then turn my posts into something to do with Chris Powell?. Why?, and what is the association with the context of my posts that make some of you want to make my contributions in this thread about Chris Powell?.

An explanation would be helpful, where are you (you) getting the link from my posts to Chris Powell from?. I didn't mention him at all, some of you have though?.

Bizarre.

Sorry, what was that? I'm far too busy appreciating from afar just what Huddersfield have achieved. No, really I am.

Bizarre.
  • Curb_It said:

Chris from Sidcup! Please read this blokes previous posts?! It's fuck all to do with Powell.

He questions our moaning about Karl Robinson. He questions our moans constantly.

The bloke is annoying.

My opinion. Ahem.

In fairness you were the one who mentioned Powell earlier in the thread. "his constant digs at Powell", yet as far as i can see he never even mentioned him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Huddersfield soon to lose their manager, Powell to return?
  • edited December 2016

• Curb_It said:

The bloke is annoying.

My opinion. Ahem.

In fairness you were the one who mentioned Powell earlier in the thread. "his constant digs at Powell", yet as far as i can see he never even mentioned him.
    Forgot about this thread. Apologies I had been out on the lash all day so didn't explain myself better. I find this poster really irritating. Was it not @Bournemouth Addick who wrote one of the best replies to why we werent happy but yet he didn't come back with a reply. Or maybe that was in reply to another (irritating) away fan so if so I apologise.

His first post on this thread was a sly dig at Powell. I don't care that he doesn't like him or rate him. I stand by my original comment: he is my most unlikeable away fan character on here. That remains a fact.

I'd rather chat to the bloody Millwall fans than him.
  • edited December 2016
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

The bloke is annoying.

My opinion. Ahem.

Forgot about this thread. Apologies I had been out on the lash all day so didn't explain myself better. I find this poster really irritating. Was it not @Bournemouth Addick who wrote one of the best replies to why we werent happy but yet he didn't come back with a reply. Or maybe that was in reply to another (irritating) away fan so if so I apologise.

His first post on this thread was a sly dig at Powell. I don't care that he doesn't like him or rate him. I stand by my original comment: he is my most unlikeable away fan character on here. That remains a fact.

I'd rather chat to the bloody Millwall fans than him.
    I like to think all of my posts are excellent @Curb_It :-) but I think you mean my attempt at a 'brief' summary of the mess they've made of our club in here forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2697140/#Comment_2697140

@LeedsbasedTownfan was directed to it but as you say didn't bother to acknowledge that it might be a little more than just about results. Hey ho though, he's enjoying his football at the moment so good luck to him.
  • edited July 2017

A pleasure to watch Palmer is, as are we (even during our bad run of results apart from Fulham who tore us apart). No chance of keeping him though which is always the long-term risk with loan Players.

KP (who will be 21 in November) has agreed to stay at Huddersfield for another year, so we should get to see what he can do in the PL. He is also now under contract with Chelsea until 2021.
  • A pleasure to watch Palmer is, as are we (even during our bad run of results apart from Fulham who tore us apart). No chance of keeping him though which is always the long-term risk with loan Players.

KP (who will be 21 in November) has agreed to stay at Huddersfield for another year, so we should get to see what he can do in the PL. He is also now under contract with Chelsea until 2021.
    I'm chuffed. I really am.

• Good for him :) not bitter at all, hope he does well and good luck to him
  • Recalled from Blackburn,due to lack of games & loaned out to Bristol City,so are they happy with Dasilvas game time at Bristol City?

Chelsea midfielder Kasey Palmer is due at Bristol City on Tuesday afternoon to undergo a medical ahead of a loan move until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old is currently on loan at Blackburn, but has started only 10 of their 26 Championship matches this season.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11726/11601677/chelsea-midfielder-kasey-palmer-to-have-bristol-city-medical-ahead-of-loan-move
  • Blimey, didn’t realise he was 22. Should have stayed like Gomez did and had some stability and game time with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems he'll be a Championship level Midfielder then
  • Considering the amount of outstanding talents that find their way to Chelsea's academy and Loftus-Cheek is still trying to establish his self at the bridge.
    John Terry is the last academy player to come through to play regular at Chelski.
  • edited January 2019
    saw him play for Huddersfield in (I think) the play off final .. he ran the game .. has seemed to go off the boil since then, possibly due to ongoing and recurring niggly injuries .. he seems destined to be forever out on loan, a strategy Chelsea employ with their youngsters (and now not quite so youngsters) to get income .. 'temp worker management' rather like Manpower, Reeds and other 'temp worker' agencies
  • They've recalled Lewis Baker from Leeds as well, not enough game time, Reading are favorites to sign him now.
  • Saw him play for Huddersfield in their promotion season at Carrow Road.
    Bossed the game from midfield, surprised he doesn't appear to have pushed on with his career.

Probably but he is only recently turned 22, plenty of time yet.
    Bossed the game from midfield, surprised he doesn't appear to have pushed on with his career.

I mentioned this at the very start of the thread .. was this a play off game ? or 'just' a league game ?

I mentioned this at the very start of the thread .. was this a play off game ? or 'just' a league game ?
    It was a league game which Huddersfield won 2- 1.

It was a league game which Huddersfield won 2- 1.
    cheers

Probably but he is only recently turned 22, plenty of time yet.
    Yeah, Stephens must have been early 20s when we picked him up in League 1 and he's gone on to be a pretty good Premiership midfielder. Think if Brighton went down he'd hang around up there.