Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KILLER!

HALESY is 65 today - hope he has a Killer birthday! Raise a glass to Derek tonight!
This picture (taken in 1994 inside the dressing room at Welling United after a Charlton Vets game) is in my book which is still available for that late Christmas present! The photographic book 'Charlton Athletic In Pictures 1975-2015' can be bought at a sale price of £9, including P&P.
The A4 sized landscape softback book (128 pages, 123 pictures) can be previewed and ordered online or by post at http://www.youralbumonline.co.uk/sbridge.htm

Comments

• Options
    Happy birthday to my favourite player of all time.
  • Options
    State pension time !!! or is it under the 'new rules' ? .. M H R to a man who deserves the title .. L E G E N D
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Happy birthday to my favourite player of all time.

same here.
    He even spoke to me once..
  • Options
    168 goals for Charlton.
    I doubt that will ever get beat.
    My all-time favourite Charlton player.
    Absolute legend
    Happy birthday killer
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Derek.

Used to love those Friday night home games at the Valley in the 1970's, he always seemed to score!
  • Options
    Absolute Charlton legend. Like Blackpool 72, Killer's also my all time favourite Charlton player.

So many memories and goals from a happier era at the club.

Happy 65th Killer !
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Killer. My all time greatest player.

Have a great day go blast a few cats for me!
  • Options

State pension time !!! or is it under the 'new rules' ? .. M H R to a man who deserves the title .. L E G E N D

New rules for a man.

https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension

• Options
    edited December 2016
    xx
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    LenGlover said:

New rules for a man.

https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension

YES .. he gets if from today .. I like how the calculator D O B goes as far back as 1894 .. almost far back enough for you to check your entitlement Len (errrr jesting lol)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When Derek Hales received the ball with only the keeper to beat, I always felt confident that he would score because he usually did. I have rarely had that confidence since...perhaps Mendonca and Bent but no one else.

Is it true that Killer once emerged from the tunnel (before a game) with a cigarette and stubbed it out by the pitch or have I imagined that?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Killer
    Weather you were scoring great goals or sorting someone out including Flash always great entertainment
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Derek Killer Hales. To the fans you were a hero then and you are a hero now. That takes some doing. I can still remember and visualise many of the goals you scored. There were lots of special ones, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Not imagined Captainbob, he would stub a fag out when he got out of his car before every home game as witnessed by an enthusiastic autograph hunter outside the players entrance - and he signed my book every time - happy birthday Killer.
  • Options
    Even at my young age, he became unforgettable as a player, and my first Charlton hero.
  • Options
    I share the same birthday as a bona fide, Addick to the bone, legend! Did not know this, now life is complete.

Birthday salutations Killer!
  • Options
    A true Legend . Happy Birthday Killer
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Killer. No.1 Charlton legend. Ever.
  • Options
    My favourite player of all time - Happy Birthday Killer
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Killer. .Hope that you have had a great day.. .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy birthday Killer, the world of football was a very different one back then, but being able to stick the ball in the back of the net will always be a priceless attribute!
  • Options
    The greatest Charlton player ever!
    Happy Birthday Killer
    I wonder if he fancys a run out on Saturday?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Killer!!
    Deadliest striker I've seen for Charlton bar none.
  • Options
    A true Charlton legend
    Happy Birthday Killer
  • Options
    He never missed when going clear
    He never ever fails
    If God was ever played up front
    His name was Derek Hales
  • Options
    Happy birthday. You were (and still are) my hero and favourite ever Charlton player..
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Heart of a Lion.
    Never bottled a one-on-one.
    I've seen more technically gifted players wear the shirt over the last 55 years, but Killer is my favourite.
    He made me proud to call myself an Addick.
    Happy Birthday Derek
  • Options
    Happy birthday Killer. My favourite-ever Charlton player. By miles.
  • Options
    It was indeed that season, stayed on the field in the Cup game, sent off in the League game later in the season when the coins flew, stand to be corrected. Scored IMHO his best goal ever away to Chesterfield that season, the Hull one still Paddy's. Finish OK though...:)