Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greatest Charlton goal you have seen?

Not necessarily in terms of importance, more the quality of the goal.

I'll start off with Morts at Norwich late 80's and Morts at home to Chelsea at Selhurst 89/90
Claus at Highbury
Any of JJ's overhead kicks (very difficult skill to master)

Comments

• Options
    Well despite being a Palace fan, I used to take in the odd CAFC game during your days at Selhurst.
    And much as it pains me to admit it, one of the best hatricks i have ever seen at Selhurst was scored by Jim Melrose against Everton with an absolute screamer from about 20yds, amongst his 3 goals.
  • Options
    I still think people would still be talking about Barletts diving header against spurs had it have been scored by Man Utd or Arsenal, easily the best 'team goal' i think we have scored.

Claus's chip against Arsenal, And the Morts goal aginst Chelsea that hammered off the underside of the crossbar.
  • Options
    ray treacy against brian clough's derby 1968/69...volley into the goal in front of the covered end...

flash...vs cambridge (i think)...edge of the covered end box, oppo players all around, turned on a sixpence and picked his spot...

any of mendonca's...the bloke's goals were choreographed by hollywood...

stevie brown's thunderbolt...stunned everybody so much it took half a minute before we all shouted goal...

herman's header at blackburn...

warman's diving own goal against sunderland...

shipperley's long range own goal against orient...

that icelandic stoke player in the league cup...

el k against arsenal...
  • Options
    Claus against Arsenal, either of Parkers against Southampton, Walsh against Brighton at Upton Park, Mendonca against Barnsley.
  • Options
    Redfearn at Wimbledon, I would put in the top ten - the only thing Redfearn ever did!!
  • Options
    Parker at Leeds when he danced through their defence.

Bartlett against Leicester, probably the best goal ive seen at The Valley
  • Options
    Bartlett's volley at home, Leicester I think.....

Didn't that get goal of the season too on Match of the Day?
  • Options
    Big fat Pete hit a screamers towards the covered end once

and Lee Bowyer at Palace was an absolute peach
  • Options
    Plenty of good goals over the years.

Two recent ones though. Jerome Thomas at home to Spurs and *spit* Murphy at home to Birmingham. Both 04/05.
  • Options
    Dennis in the last minute was a pretty decent goal too......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cannot quite place the year possibly 1985 ? It was the penultimate game of the season & we had Oxford Utd who had just been promoted to the Old First Division against what was a very poor Cafc. Game ended in a 3-3 draw & Flash got two absoloute screamers, was denied quite possibly the best Hat-rick ever scored with a third effort that smashed the crossbar from at least 35 yards. Brilliant game. I think they Introduced Mark Reid before the game as our First 'Signing' for the start of next season.
  • Options
    Most of Paul Mortimer's goals

agree with the away at Norwich and home to Chelsea ones...

...but also home to Bradford and away at Leeds (with his right peg!!)
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    many of the above, particularly Claus at Highbury.

A couple of others that stick in the mind were

Morts and David Whyte's goals at Upton Park against Leicester when they bought about 10000 down last home game of the season.

Derek Hales against Bolton I think when we needed to win to stay up and beat them 4-1 after trailing at half time, I think it was his hat trick goal.

Jim Tolmie's stunning og at Carlisle when we were 2-0 down, an absolute screamer that led to us winning 3-2 and promotion.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Claus at Highbury. Rob Lee at Sellout against Hull in 1990. Steve Brown's rocket from somewhere in the east stand, Big Fat Pete against Bolton where he beat 4 players before hitting it from 30 yards. Gary Poole against QPR away. Konchesky's free kick against chelsea, both of Parker's against Southampton away plus his winner against Leeds away.
  • Options
    Maybe not the best but my favorite has to be John Fortunes in the last game of the season against Palace. How I laughed.

Most of the best that I can remember have been mentioned except Killers winner away at Chesterfield way back.
  • Options
    Lisbie....Liverpool at home for his hat trick and Ipswich and Chelsea away

Parker at Leeds was a big favourite

A good prospect for the future I hear
  • Options
    Was it Mortimer away against Everton ran the length of pitch with ball affixed to his foot in 1989.

Also from the away end Rocastle's goal v Us the day the clock end re-opened Easter 1989.
  • Options
    Bartlett against Leicester has to be the best. I was doing the Sky Fanzone commentary that day and the Leicester bloke had his bird with him who kept saying to me what is it like being a crap team etc etdc.

Cor did she get it off air when that went in.

Parker at Southampton
    Magic Morts Chelsea at home
    Magic Morts Man City Away
    Magic Morts Everton away
    Magic Morts Norwich away
    Super Claus Arsenal away

Sir CLive's one at Wembley were he lob the defender n the box and volleyed in.

Simon Webster at the Valley last minute can't remember who against MAYBE Bristol City

Paul Gorman's header from edge of the box

Neil Redfearn Wimbledon away
  • Options
    think webbo's was at Upton Park

don't remember gorman's
  • Options
    Arfur, some great goals there fella, the Simon Webster one was it not at Upton Park though. We were trailing 0-1 wih ten to go then Rob lee equalised then Webbo hit that rising volley from abvout 25 yards that flew into top corner or do you mean another one ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was it Upton Park blimey memorys going.