Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gary Rowett sacked at B'Ham replaced by Zola who's replaced by Redknapp

Comments

• Yet another owner flexing their muscles when they take over sending out the signal to the fans that they know best.

I would love to see Brum go down.

And we somehow nick Morro back. He becomes club captain. Roland jogs on, we get new owners and the Powell Jacko dream management team lead us to storming the league one title and onwards.

Sorry realms of fantasy I know.

We can but dream!
  • If we have any aspirations of, ever, getting out of thus God forsaken division we need to keep big clubs with potential spending power as far away from it as possible. Imagine two of Villa, Birmingham, Wigan or Blackburn coming down and getting their act together. We can't even get above Rochdale and Peterborough what chance would we have if Villa and Birmingham suddenly arrived.

And before anyone asks, yes I am, already, starting to plan to find four teams for us to finish above next season.
  • If we have any aspirations of, ever, getting out of thus God forsaken division we need to keep big clubs with potential spending power as far away from it as possible. Imagine two of Villa, Birmingham, Wigan or Blackburn coming down and getting their act together. We can't even get above Rochdale and Peterborough what chance would we have if Villa and Birmingham suddenly arrived.

And before anyone asks, yes I am, already, starting to plan to find four teams for us to finish above next season.

Brighton would have probably have said that about Villa before this season!

And Fleetwood about us...

I guess Villa (and in a sense the same with Palace) coming down though would see a lot of their signings from this season potentially leaving... i.e. Didnt they spent £10m+ on Kodija etc.? - I know that Tony Xia (?) is a rich man but surely they'll need to recover from a second relegation by flogging off a few players?

I guess Villa (and in a sense the same with Palace) coming down though would see a lot of their signings from this season potentially leaving... i.e. Didnt they spent £10m+ on Kodija etc.? - I know that Tony Xia (?) is a rich man but surely they'll need to recover from a second relegation by flogging off a few players?
    Think Kodjia was nearer 15m.
    They also spent about 12m on Ross McCormack, then loaned him to Forest in January and replaced him with Hogan from Brentford who was about 11-12m.
  • They had no idea how lucky they were with Rowett. Even though they were close to imploding, the previous owners were willing to spend big on the wages of free and bargain players: Mainly British from memory. It costs a lot in wages but even more when you're writing off 90% off transfer fees and wages on foreign players.

Whilst getting foreign players in can be worth it even with a fee as wages are said to be a lot lower, waste of time if they're the majority and without mental and physical competitivness. I hope every day a little Bergdich goes into Driesden and Duchatelet's soul: For he was the mould that resembled their mo, and within seconds anyone could see his talent at being a part-back was NOT suited for the Champ.

Zola was good first year at WHam and Watford, but both times when they struggled for different reasons he couldn't turn it around. Anyone could tell looking at Birmingham he was the wrong fit. Maybe at Derby, but their talent needed grit....... so that's a push.
  • If they dont beat Burton next week then i can see them going down. They have won 1 game in 10 and Blackburn are chasing them down.
    More than likely will go to last game of season.
  • 2 wins in 22 i believe. Luckily for Birmingham, they have Forest who are just edging ahead of them in the race to relegation.
  • Couple of big games tomorrow, Birmingham v Burton and Blackburn v Bristol City.
  • Sponsored links:

• It would be the most brilliant story of self-implosion. I hope it happens.
  • It was only a couple of seasons ago, when they scored in injury time of the last game to keep them up, this time they might not be so lucky.
  • Lost again and their next game is Villa away.
  • I think Zola confirms one of the rules of football, the better the player, with a few exceptions, the worse the manager.
  • He's useless. Birmingham fans must be fuming. Reckon Rowett would've had them in the play-offs next season.
  • Good day out but never been fond of their supporters.
  • Zola just resigned.
  • He's useless. Birmingham fans must be fuming. Reckon Rowett would've had them in the play-offs next season.

Really wouldnt be surprised if he gets Derby into them next season
  • Sponsored links:

• If they go down any chance we can steal Morro back.
  • Utterly brilliant player. Completely shite manager. Serves Birmingham right.
  • If they go down any chance we can steal Morro back.

Not good enough according to our laptop boy scout .

Really wouldnt be surprised if he gets Derby into them next season
    Anything less than the play-offs next season for Derby would be a big failure. He's had this year to assess the players and will no doubt be backed in the transfer market in the summer

• Rowett, like Sheff United, will come good.
  • 2 wins in 22?

Zola Budd could have probably got that result.
  • 2 wins in 22?

Zola Budd could have probably got that result.

Makes Karl Robinson look good