Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Rowett sacked at B'Ham replaced by Zola who's replaced by Redknapp

Comments

• Options
    So 'Trillion Trophies Asia' or whatever their name is seem unlikely to add another this season!
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

they reap what they sow....bet Rowett is secretly delighted

I know I am.
  • Options
    12 points clear of the relegation zone, any chance they could go down ?
  • Options
    Be carefull what you wish for. Had a soft spot for Birmingham, quite liked Rowett, Morrison and some of their fans were decent (check of DavoBirmingham).
  • Options
    Interesting win percentage table here which shows Zola's 0.00% after 10 games (Rowett 39.62% after 106).

Forgotten how good Trevor Francis was with 47.93% after 290 games (1996 - 2001). Blimey, I remember hearing about him scoring four goals for Birmingham (v Bolton) as a 16 year old on the wireless radio back in 70/71 ... time and tide wait for no man.

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/birmingham-city/
  • Options
    se9addick said:

12 points clear of the relegation zone, any chance they could go down ?

Really do hope so

Be carefull what you wish for. Had a soft spot for Birmingham, quite liked Rowett, Morrison and some of their fans were decent

Feel the same about Birmingham too (and any club with ex-Charlton Players)... I really hope they go down but will feel sorry for Morrison
  • Options
    Since being on the jr redd coach attacked by their fans I've hated them.
    And that prat jasper carrot.
    Love Zola!
  • Options
    iainment said:

Love Zola!

I cant hate on jasper Carrot, the guy was shagging Condoleeza Rice back in the day, so deserves respect for that!

Otherwise agree with you
  • Options
    The Carrott thing is from the time he came on the pitch at half time to gee their crowd up. And insult us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't doubt that Birmingham messed this up but wasn't Rowett rumoured to be looking at other jobs when they pulled the trigger? Might just be spin from the club though.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I don't doubt that Birmingham messed this up but wasn't Rowett rumoured to be looking at other jobs when they pulled the trigger? Might just be spin from the club though.

more clubs looking at him....he has a solid legal case
  • Options
    Birmingham so deserve this after how they treated Rowett.
  • Options
    Here, Here.
  • Options
    iainment said:

The Carrott thing is from the time he came on the pitch at half time to gee their crowd up. And insult us.

And his microphone kept cutting out!

Running around the pitch sing "Stand up if ... ..... the blues"

• Options

iainment said:

Love Zola!

I cant hate on jasper Carrot, the guy was shagging Condoleeza Rice back in the day, so deserves respect for that!

Otherwise agree with you
    No. He wasn't.
  • Options

iainment said:

Love Zola!

Otherwise agree with you
    No. He wasn't.
    According to a report in the Independent March 2006 ...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-odd-couples-6104969.html

Rice introduced herself with the words, "I'm Condoleezza," to which Carrott reportedly replied "My condolences."
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Rowett was asking permission to be interviewed for numerous jobs and was refusing to sign a new contract, brums owners acted before he got the chance to quit but apparently chose the wrong person and should have gone for someone with a proven coaching record / someone like Karen Fraeye

Only 2 defeats away from being dragged into the relegation battle. Should provide a warning to owners to not hire crappy foreign managers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola intends to seek talks with the club's Chinese owners after his reign as manager hit a new low.

Blues' 4-1 home loss to Queens Park Rangers on Saturday was the heaviest of the nine defeats in 14 games City have suffered since Zola replaced Gary Rowett as boss in December.

"Obviously I need to have a chat with the owners," said Zola.

"As long as they trust me I am willing to try and do my best at St Andrew's."

Since Zola took charge, Blues have collected just six points from a possible 36 in the Championship to slip to 14th in the table, and they are now 18 points off the play-off places.

When Rowett's team won his final game in charge, 2-1 against Ipswich Town on 13 December, Blues were seventh and level on points with sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday. Rowett was sacked the following day by Trillion Trophy Asia Ltd, owned by Hong Kong businessman Paul Suen Cho Hung, who had already lined up former Chelsea and Italy striker Zola to come in.

"At the moment, I am feeling very low," added Zola. "But I take full responsibility. I am probably not giving enough and it is making me upset.

"I have committed myself to the club and I am doing it with a lot of passion. We do not like where we are at the present time, but I really care about this club and I want to help them."

That's good of him!
  • Options

Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola intends to seek talks with the club's Chinese owners after his reign as manager hit a new low.

Blues' 4-1 home loss to Queens Park Rangers on Saturday was the heaviest of the nine defeats in 14 games City have suffered since Zola replaced Gary Rowett as boss in December.

"Obviously I need to have a chat with the owners," said Zola.

"As long as they trust me I am willing to try and do my best at St Andrew's."

Since Zola took charge, Blues have collected just six points from a possible 36 in the Championship to slip to 14th in the table, and they are now 18 points off the play-off places.

When Rowett's team won his final game in charge, 2-1 against Ipswich Town on 13 December, Blues were seventh and level on points with sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday. Rowett was sacked the following day by Trillion Trophy Asia Ltd, owned by Hong Kong businessman Paul Suen Cho Hung, who had already lined up former Chelsea and Italy striker Zola to come in.

"At the moment, I am feeling very low," added Zola. "But I take full responsibility. I am probably not giving enough and it is making me upset.

"I have committed myself to the club and I am doing it with a lot of passion. We do not like where we are at the present time, but I really care about this club and I want to help them."

That's good of him!

Clearly has the passion which is all that matters
  • Options
    That's on a par with Pardew's 'I'll play my best team in the future'.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    What a shambles

It's not as if Zola hadn't failed in previous jobs...

The only consolation for Birmingham fans, is that Villa are currently doing even worse. 6 defeats in their last 8 matches, including 4 in a row

• Options
    edited February 2017

iainment said:

Love Zola!

Otherwise agree with you
    No. He wasn't.
    According to a report in the Independent March 2006 ...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-odd-couples-6104969.html

Rice introduced herself with the words, "I'm Condoleezza," to which Carrott reportedly replied "My condolences."
    Brilliant article. Thanks ever so much for posting. Anyone got any more of these odd 'celebrity' pairings. I'm doing a quiz and thought it might make an amusing round.
  • Options
    Birmingham's recent form has just cemented how ridiculous a decision it was to get rid of Rowett and replace him with Zola of all people.

Managers need to be given more time, and Birmingham is yet another club going down the pan.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Zola should have stuck to ice cream - he's very good at that.
  • Options
    Know a couple of Blues fans and they are still stunned by Rowlett leaving. It has to be remembered that he was working within the limitations of a transfer freeze and had them competing for play-offs. Now they are in that downward spiral so familiar to us. Owners - who needs them?
  • Options
    That quote from Zola is abysmal. What a motivator of men!
  • Options
    Yet another owner flexing their muscles when they take over sending out the signal to the fans that they know best.

I would love to see Brum go down.