Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Rowett sacked at B'Ham replaced by Zola who's replaced by Redknapp

Comments

• Options
    Hope they are lining up Pinocchio as their new CEO :smile:
  • Options
    Blucher said:

An incredible decision, given what Rowett has achieved there on very limited resources.

This is what happens when people who know nothing about football take over clubs. Mind you, if the new owners are that stupid, it could only ever end badly and Rowett is probably well out of it.

The problem for sensible, "not big name" managers is that more and more clubs have idiot owners
  • Options
    Hope they plummet down
    The league ... totally wrong
  • Options

Blucher said:

An incredible decision, given what Rowett has achieved there on very limited resources.

This is what happens when people who know nothing about football take over clubs. Mind you, if the new owners are that stupid, it could only ever end badly and Rowett is probably well out of it.

The problem for sensible, "not big name" managers is that more and more clubs have idiot owners
    Indeed. According to the BBC, Zola's agent is in talks with Birmingham's owners. Zola is probably someone they've seen on telly or read about in a football annual.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Blucher said:

Indeed. According to the BBC, Zola's agent is in talks with Birmingham's owners. Zola is probably someone they've seen on telly or read about in a football annual.
    Football annual they'd be looking at Roy race.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Replaced by Zola.

Puts Katrien to shame with the speed of the appointment.
  • Options
    So, I was pondering about the thread title, B'ham (or Brum). Seems odd to choose B'ham. Which I understood but have never seen before.
  • Options
    iainment said:

So, I was pondering about the thread title, B'ham (or Brum). Seems odd to choose B'ham. Which I understood but have never seen before.

I worked in Birmingham in the early 90s, it's something that they use up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy decision.

Unforgiving league the Championship. Blackburn have 22 points and are in the relegation zone could easily need to have 50 points to stay up this season.
  • Options
    To be fair though, it's nice to have another foreign coach at the helm of one of our clubs.

Won't be long before the only English managers left are in the Conference.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I was pondering the thread title too...Rowlett or Rowett? Seemed odd to go with Rowlett, but maybe it's something they use up there!!!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    I hope Zola is a big failure! No words for the Brum owners! I wonder what Jasper Carrott is thinking!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Rowett will not be out of work for long me thinks. Decent manager and another in the long list of quality Charlton players whose career was cut short before his time..
  • Options
    Stabbed in the back.
  • Options
    Zola did not do great when replacing Curbs at We-ham did he.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do so many foreign owners want foreign managers?

Is it that they look hopefully at the EPL set-up and immediately notice that most successful managers at present are from outside the UK?

Do they believe they will get more subservience from a foreigner than a British manager?

Do they think that players offer a foreign manager more respect?

Is there an element of racism?

I hope Zola screws up, even though I thoroughly respected him as a player and remember the warm applause he received at The Valley inn his final game there. It's not about Zola, it's about another fecking stupid owner.
  • Options
    Have Birmingham just been taken over?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

I hope Zola is a big failure! No words for the Brum owners! I wonder what Jasper Carrott is thinking!

He's probably thinking 'I hope they don't take Bovril off the refreshment menu'.
  • Options
    Replacing Manager Gary Rowett...

Who?

New Manager Gianfranco Zola

Who?

Who are ya? Who are ya?
  • Options

Do they believe they will get more subservience from a foreigner than a British manager?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is the case... Watford have turned over four / five Managers in recent years and none of them have kicked up a fuss, have shrugged their shoulders and have moved on without getting the LMA involved.

This happens all over the Continent with Managers being sacked so often I think the foreigners see it as just a way of life whereas the English bosses, because they're used to having that little of stability will go running to the LMA and the Chairmen maybe dont like that
  • Options
    Complaint to admin. ......Michael Appleton pic absent or this sooooooo 2016?
  • Options
    On a serious note this madness really must stop ....This type of club management really is ruining the game
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'm given to understand that he is a great chap.
    In the very few games he played for us he was real class and many of us were looking forward to many years of service from him.....absolute sickener when he had to hang up his boots.
    Good luck to you mate,wherever you turn up, you deserve it.
  • Options
    Zola .. terrific player, not such a good manager .. Roll on Brexit when we can deport these useless foreigners and maintain jobs for English lads (and lasses) ((:>) .... as @soapy_jones implies, he should stick to writing long tomes .. J'accuse him of being a useless lil upstart