Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton (FA Cup) - Post Match Views

Ho hum, sad that we once again have basically no cup excitement to compliment out season. First time we've gone out In the 2nd round since the 1974.

Sad thing is I'm not too sure we had much expectations going into tonight.

Look forward to hearing from some of the few hundred there

Comments

• Options
    With the squad we put out tonight and I would think some of them were not completely over the sickness that is going round, I did not expect too much, although we seem to play well in the 90 minutes according to the 3-Counties radio
  • Options
    All going ok until Johnson was brought on. He's still looking for a win bonus since his return.

We never win with Roger Dim.
  • Options
    New era
  • Options
    Charlton lose; roll up, roll up! for the grand Post-Defeat Competition to be the most scathing! Early promise from blackpool72, but perhaps a little too self-knowingly witty for the judges?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    *only joking hermione@Leuth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough one for Robinson to call really, an extra midweek game going into the busiest period of the season when our squad is ravaged with injury is probably something he could have done without, playing 120 minutes and losing is even harder to take.

Hard to think of a positive really, Brighton away would have been good, I guess we just trot out the "focus on the league" cliche.
  • Options
    Awful game had 2 chances to go 2-1 up but Lookman and Ajose fluffed them. Then he brought on Roger tosspot Johnson and the defence went to pot. No midfield and Roger Johnson has cost us again. Time to stop bouncing around Robinson and prove your not full of shit like the rest of the twats before you.
  • Options
    Being serious for a second, it seemed like the possibility of injury to Botaka knocked a bit of stuffing out of us - I know it's not an excuse, but I can well imagine the energy draining from everyone's legs as they contemplated extra-time with ten men. Just one of those things.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like Ajose fluffed his lines again late on which would have put us 2-1 up. Whether he has found it difficult to settle, I really don't know but he is clearly not the same player who was scoring with regular ease last season. People defended him under Slades stewardship citing the lack of service but when chances have come his way he more often than not screws up and his confidence is dealt a further blow.

If he doesn't start scoring soon he's in danger of being labelled a dud like McLeod and if he is going to be played wide left and asked to do more work off the ball as he was last Saturday I can't see his fortunes changing anytime soon. He was bought as a 20 goals a season striker and this has not been evident to me with nearly half a season gone. I hope I'm wrong I really do but one thing is for sure KR's man management skills will be tested to the limit getting the best out of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

If we're shit on Saturday and deservedly lose then virulent criticism could be expected - this just seems to be the wrong match to lay in after

To be fair, you're the only one on here having a pop.

(And yes, I know it was tongue in cheek)
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Meaningless game (pains me to say it in the FA cup but MK will get spanked by Brighton) and we came out with no casualties.

Didn't Novak go off injured an Botaka tweak something as well?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Awful game had 2 chances to go 2-1 up but Lookman and Ajose fluffed them. Then he brought on Roger tosspot Johnson and the defence went to pot. No midfield and Roger Johnson has cost us again. Time to stop bouncing around Robinson and prove your not full of shit like the rest of the twats before you.

In that pre-match interview KR said that he was throwing a few in to see if they could perform before the Jan window.
    Hopefully he has seen that RoJo is a liability and soon has him completely sidelined.
    As for this result, at least KR was enterprising with his starting 11. Rather have that than the absolute shite Slide was serving up. We will be top 4 before long.
  • Options
    Grateful if we could keep the chit chat / general stuff to other threads and keep this one connected to tonight's game, ta
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Charlton lose; roll up, roll up! for the grand Post-Defeat Competition to be the most scathing! Early promise from blackpool72, but perhaps a little too self-knowingly witty for the judges?

@Leuth I dont normally comment on your posts, I try to stay objective across all opinions. However KR had to play what he has tonight, due to sickness and injuries, substitutions were not to blame. What is to blame, or should I say who is to blame is RD and KM.
    We have a small squad, the above 2 were hoping we could get by using our youth as replacements and hoping we wouldn't get to many injuries in the squad!! that wont work, men against boys and all that!!
    Once again they have been caught out. So what can they do? Reports are saying that Konsa and Lookie are off in January for circa £10m. I have no idea if this is true or not, but, lets assume it is.
    If RD sells them but only 'dabbles' around the edges with replacements, would you be happy then? If KR says he needs decent top quality replacements and wants to increase the squad size but is unable to do so, will you be happy then?

However If RD/KM are serious about getting us back to the Championship, where we were when they took us over, and they back up their words with actions in January then fine, I will say good on them and thanks, however past performance and actions suggest they wont, lets hope they not only admit mistakes but actually do something about them!! Without positive PLAYER action we are I fear stuck in this League for at least another season, and yes I do like KR and his philosophy, but he needs RD support!!
  • Options
    3 games, no wins. Robinsons job must be under threat now with this regime!
  • Options

cafc_se7 said:

Meaningless game (pains me to say it in the FA cup but MK will get spanked by Brighton) and we came out with no casualties.

Didn't Novak go off injured an Botaka tweak something as well?
    Botaka just pulled up with cramp. Granted Novak went off in the first half,but it's hardly a surprise to see him injured.
  • Options
    Charlton Charlton!