Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce (out for a while...)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Definitely a bigger loss than I thought at the time. Although I don't think it helps the defence has had zero protection from midfield either. Teams can just walk right through us.
  • Options

Definitely a bigger loss than I thought at the time. Although I don't think it helps the defence has had zero protection from midfield either. Teams can just walk right through us.

The midfield hasn't changed that much though, other than Jacko playing instead of Ulvestad last night, and generally we've been solid at the back.
  • Options

The midfield hasn't changed that much though, other than Jacko playing instead of Ulvestad last night, and generally we've been solid at the back.
    I just saw the pre match interview when he talked about Jacko as a holding player, Crofts as an attacking midfielder , chicksen and ajose on the wings . You don't need a rocket scientist to consider the nonsense of all of that
  • Options

I've always held the belief that the defence starts with the midfield. A midfield not good enough/lacking the legs they once had just invites pressure onto the back four. Not to totally blame the midfield or absolve the back line I personally feel it's a bit of loss of Pearce and the current midfield problems.
  • Options

Slade often played with one winger and one LM / RM who was more defensive, providing a lot more cover for the back four. Alternatively he player one up front with three in the middle - again providing more cover.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Slade often played with one winger and one LM / RM who was more defensive, providing a lot more cover for the back four. Alternatively he player one up front with three in the middle - again providing more cover.
    Well we had Chicksen in LM last night, and he's a defender...

Their second goal was just a punt through the middle, while the marking wasn't good for their other goals either. And it's not as if we buckled after 90 minutes of constant pressure...
  • Options
    Pearce is our best CB probably one of the top players in the league
  • Options

Beardface said:

Well we had Chicksen in LM last night, and he's a defender...

Their second goal was just a punt through the middle, while the marking wasn't good for their other goals either. And it's not as if we buckled after 90 minutes of constant pressure...
    Wasn't at the game so hard to comment on how they lined up - who played on the right? The line up looked more like 4 3 3 from the teamsheet.