Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton | Tue 13 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Milton Keynes Dons v Charlton Athletic
Tuesday 13th December 2016 … 7:45pm Kick-Off
FA Cup Second Round Replay

Introduction

When Karl Robinson took over as Charlton Manager just over two weeks ago, few people would have imagined that his appointment would coincide with his first match coming against his old side: MK Dons in the FA Cup… That match finished 0-0 as well all know now for the second time, and sadly not the last time this month we have to face MK Dons once more in FA Cup replay to decide which team will advance to the Third Round of the competition and so face the waiting: Brighton and Hove Albion.

The Opposition
Name: Milton Keynes Dons | Manager: Robbie Neilson
Last Meeting: Charlton Athletic 0-0 Milton Keynes Dons

When Charlton drew with MK Dons last Saturday it was the first occasion where the Dons had managed to survive a cup encounter with the Addicks… On just one other occasions have these two sides have faced in cup competition with that coming in the Football League Trophy at Stadium: MK which saw a 2-1 victory for the Addicks (Pawel Abbott and Scott Wagstaff the goal-scorers that day). In total these two sides have met nine times with Charlton victories five times whilst the MK Dons have only won twice, although both those wins came at Stadium:MK so we won’t be clear favourites tomorrow night.

Charlton Team News
Illness swept through Sparrows Lane last week to decimate our plans ahead of the League encounter with Bradford on Saturday which saw the likes of Morgan Fox and Ademola Lookman missing the trip to Yorkshire. With little indication that either would return this midweek we have to suspect that both will be kept back ahead of our league fixture on Saturday against Peterborough

With our fringe squad performing so well against the Bantams, I personally see little reason for changes to be made, although Jason Pearce was forced off with injury on Saturday whilst Patrick Bauer will also miss this match following his late red-card.

Phillips
Foley | Konsa | Teixeira | Chicksen
Ajose | Crofts | Ulvestad | Botaka
Magennis | Novak

Substitutes Bench: Mitov | Johnson | Lennon | Jackson | Aribo | Umerah | Lookman

Prediction
Difficult to predict as the result will partly depend on whether Karl Robinson wants a cup run or whether he wants us to concentrate on the League… Regardless though I believe that the Addicks will try to win and will be too strong for the MK Dons as they look to pick up some form going into the festive period.

Comments

• Options
    I can see Johnson and Tex at centre half, Konsa right back, Fox left back .

Chickesen left side midfield and Botika moving over to the right.

Ajose and Mag the magnificent up front.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind giving Magennis a rest.
  • Options
    Time for Tex to get 90 mins. Would obvs like to see us win but Saturday is the game which counts so hope Robinson bears that in mind with his team selection and isn't solely focused on putting one over his ex-employers
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    0-0 After Penalties.
  • Options
    Zźźźzzzźzzzzźzzzzzz er 1-0 loss zzzzzzzzźzzz
  • Options
    if we go out at this stage then don't get playoffs because we was "concentrating on the league", ill be pissed off, was quite looking forward to a day out in brighton and i think a winnable tie as they would probably have played a weaker team.
  • Options
    Great, well done Karl. A small chance that we might have scraped through and got a decent day out at the seaside is now a non-existent chance.

Comprehensive for the Franchise, 2-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How mad is it to field a weak side! This could have been our year for a good cup run!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Given we were missing so many players on Saturday, could it be, say, four or five kids and then some returning first teamers as part of the eight?
  • Options

How mad is it to field a weak side! This could have been our year for a good cup run!

anyone who's played in a successful team at any level knows that momentum and success staves off tiredness and minor injury .. I'd like to see a similar/same team that played on Saturday turn out tomorrow and next weekend .. I am hoping that Robinson does not have a 'weak spot' for the Dons and wants to stuff it up 'em

One change, Johnson for the suspended Bauer .. won't happen though

Milton Keynes Dons 1 v CAFC 1 .. and CAFC wins on penalties
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/13394/charlton-boss-reveals-eight-changes-made-milton-keynes-fa-cup-replay/
    Looks like this will be the team:

Phillips; Foley, Konsa, Teixera, Chicksen: Hanlan, Jackson, Ba, Aribo; Umerah, Novak

Subs Mitov, Ahearne-Grant, Johnson, Charles-Cook, Fox +2 who must have played for the under 23s today
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    While I don't mind the fact that we might make eight changes to the team, I do think it is stupid, along with his video interview on Saturday telling all and sundry our tactics for the day, that we publicise this beforehand.

If you are Robbie Neilson, you now know that you probably only have to play half of your first team in order to get a result, whereas if this had not been announced, he might have planned to play the majority of his first choice XI. Robinson has to realise that this is a long game, and we need to use any tactical knowledge we can so as to disadvantage other teams, and if that means they over-play their first team, so be it.

Either that, or he is still negotiating his compensation package and this will add a nice little bolt on to it!?! ;-)

So, the FA Cup team might look like this?

Phillipps
    Konsa Foley
    Bauer Konsa
    Pearce Texeira
    Chicksen Fox
    Botaka Aribo
    Crofts Jackson
    Ulvestad
    Ajose Lookman
    Magennis Umerah
    Novak Hanlon

That's eight changes and a bench of - Beeney/Mitov, Chicksen, Johnson, Crofts, Botaka, Magennis, Novak.
  • Options
    League far more important, so hoping for the best, 0-1.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/13394/charlton-boss-reveals-eight-changes-made-milton-keynes-fa-cup-replay/
    Looks like this will be the team:

Phillips; Foley, Konsa, Teixera, Chicksen: Hanlan, Jackson, Ba, Aribo; Umerah, Novak

Subs Mitov, Ahearne-Grant, Johnson, Charles-Cook, Fox +2 who must have played for the under 23s today

Ba played today for the U23's, so he won't be playing
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

While I don't mind the fact that we might make eight changes to the team, I do think it is stupid, along with his video interview on Saturday telling all and sundry our tactics for the day, that we publicise this beforehand.

If you are Robbie Priestley, you now know that you probably only have to play half of your first team in order to get a result, whereas if this had not been announced, he might have planned to play the majority of his first choice XI. Robinson has to realise that this is a long game, and we need to use any tactical knowledge we can so as to disadvantage other teams, and if that means they over-play their first team, so be it.

Either that, or he is still negotiating his compensation package and this will add a nice little bolt on to it!?! ;-)

Phillipps
    Konsa Foley
    Bauer Konsa
    Pearce Texeira
    Chicksen Fox
    Botaka Aribo
    Crofts Jackson
    Ulvestad
    Ajose Lookman
    Magennis Umerah
    Novak Hanlon

That's eight changes and a bench of - Beeney/Mitov, Chicksen, Johnson, Crofts, Botaka, Magennis, Novak.

Who the hell is Robbie Priestley?!?!?
  • Options
    Ba will not be playing, he played for the U23s today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pedro45 said:

If you are Robbie Priestley, you now know that you probably only have to play half of your first team in order to get a result, whereas if this had not been announced, he might have planned to play the majority of his first choice XI. Robinson has to realise that this is a long game, and we need to use any tactical knowledge we can so as to disadvantage other teams, and if that means they over-play their first team, so be it.

Phillipps
    Konsa Foley
    Bauer Konsa
    Pearce Texeira
    Chicksen Fox
    Botaka Aribo
    Crofts Jackson
    Ulvestad
    Ajose Lookman
    Magennis Umerah
    Novak Hanlon

MK Dons manager, ex Hearts, or have I got that wrong?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

Phillipps
    Konsa Foley
    Bauer Konsa
    Pearce Texeira
    Chicksen Fox
    Botaka Aribo
    Crofts Jackson
    Ulvestad
    Ajose Lookman
    Magennis Umerah
    Novak Hanlon

MK Dons manager, ex Hearts, or have I got that wrong?
    Ah, Robbie Neilson!
  • Options
    Ulvestad will not be travelling to MK Dons.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Pedro45 said:

If you are Robbie Neilson, you now know that you probably only have to play half of your first team in order to get a result.

Or does he just concentrate on selecting his own team and that Karl Robinson could be just spreading false rumour to make his opposite number think... Lost count the amount of times you'd hear Arsenal / Man Utd etc. would have injured players missing against us in the Premier League days only for the said player to suddenly appear.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Phillipps
    Konsa Foley
    Bauer Konsa
    Pearce Texeira
    Chicksen Fox
    Botaka Aribo
    Crofts Jackson
    Ulvestad
    Ajose Lookman
    Magennis Umerah
    Novak Hanlon

He's thinking of Elvis Pressley .. one time Hearts, Coventry and Fleetwood gaffer ((:>) (as well as a fine singer)
  • Options
    Beeney
    Foley Konsa Teixeira Fox
    Aribo Crofts Jackson Chicksen
    Hanlan Novak

Mitov Johnson Charles-Cook Ulvestad Botaka Umerah Ahearne-Grant?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Crofts and Ulvestad will not be travelling.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    sam3110 said:

Beeney
    Foley Konsa Teixeira Fox
    Aribo Crofts Jackson Chicksen
    Hanlan Novak

Mitov Johnson Charles-Cook Ulvestad Botaka Umerah Ahearne-Grant?

Maybe but you've only made six changes (from the starting line up on Saturday); the interview with Cawley says eight changes and Crofts or Ulvestad won't travel.
  • Options
    A bit strange that Crofts and Ulvestad won't even travel. It's not as if the drive to MK is exactly long and taxing!