Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For anyone that doubted the appointment of Karl Robinson......

Just take a listen to his post match press conferenc at Bradford.The guy is just brimming with confidence and a passion for our club we should all be Proud of .Despite lacking 5or 6 players and playing with some who were obviously not 100% we nearly beat a team unbeaten at home this season.He set his team up to win the game -no disrespect to Slade but he would have played for a draw.I really hope that this could be the start of anew beginning and would ask all of you who have boycotted the club this season to come back to the Valley next week and get right behind the team.They Deserve your support.COYR

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I have tried to get behind every manager these jerks have inflicted on us, apart from the hapless Fraeye. I gave Slade a long chance to show what he could do (he got teams to cower and panic).I have no problem with the new guy if he can get us playing football again. January will be another test, but at the moment, the new man is earning the right to our backing.
  • Options
    KR needs to sign players in January who are, not only good enough to get us in the playoffs, but good enough to play in the Championship if we get promotion, it did not work for him at MK Dons as his team was not good enough, for what ever reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many are saying we should give Robbo a chance; and then add that they won't be going to games?

To give him a fair chance, should we not be going to games and supporting the team? After all, this is the CARD mantra of support the team, oppose the regime.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

So many are saying we should give Robbo a chance; and then add that they won't be going to games?

To give him a fair chance, should we not be going to games and supporting the team? After all, this is the CARD mantra of support the team, oppose the regime.

No, because I don't want to give RD my money. I'm considering taking my son to the Southend game though.
    I really like Karl Robinson's enthusiasm. Unfortunately, he isn't the one calling the shots and I still fear that no manager can succeed under this regime. I hope that I am proved wrong, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

You can do what you want mate, nobody is stopping you.
  • Options

Seriously?

Two 0-0 draws and he is a saviour?

He may well turn out to be great for the club, I sincerely hope he does, but to suggest this is a new beginning (with the context of Duchatelet's ownership) is fanciful to the extreme.

Plenty yet to be established before we should accept the management of the club.

- Duchatelet remains the owner
    - Duchatelet continues to meddle in team affairs
    - The incompetent Katrien Meire remains the CEO
    - Thomas Driesen's inolvement continues
    - The club continue to believe that the issues remain elsewhere and that it is a small group of ringleaders shouting for a non-existent majority. As proved by the quite frankly ridiculous investment in PR and communications.

For me, the change is minimal and I continue to find the situation depressing, despite what Karl Robinson says in a post-match interview.

The boycotters are perfectly justified.

FFS - Would you be happy if we had lost - Just no pleasing some people!
    Do you not think it's a little unrealistic to ask 4,000 people to reverse their position after two goalless draws? At least let's win the cup replay first!
    No not unrealistic - but just trying ask to ask the better-nature of some of our fans to give him a chance and come and support the team.I really don't think that is asking to much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am a boycotter and two 0-0 draws and Karl Robinson are not going to temp me to give my money to the club until Roland has gone.

#notapennymore

Thanks for that - and you entitled to your opinion but you might have a long wait before he sells!
  • Options

Seriously?

Two 0-0 draws and he is a saviour?

He may well turn out to be great for the club, I sincerely hope he does, but to suggest this is a new beginning (with the context of Duchatelet's ownership) is fanciful to the extreme.

Plenty yet to be established before we should accept the management of the club.

- Duchatelet remains the owner
    - Duchatelet continues to meddle in team affairs
    - The incompetent Katrien Meire remains the CEO
    - Thomas Driesen's inolvement continues
    - The club continue to believe that the issues remain elsewhere and that it is a small group of ringleaders shouting for a non-existent majority. As proved by the quite frankly ridiculous investment in PR and communications.

For me, the change is minimal and I continue to find the situation depressing, despite what Karl Robinson says in a post-match interview.

The boycotters are perfectly justified.

FFS - Would you be happy if we had lost - Just no pleasing some people!
    Do you not think it's a little unrealistic to ask 4,000 people to reverse their position after two goalless draws? At least let's win the cup replay first!
    No not unrealistic - but just trying ask to ask the better-nature of some of our fans to give him a chance and come and support the team.I really don't think that is asking to much.
    I believe in what CARD are doing but I cannot follow the "support the team, not the regime" theme, as IMO they are one and the same.
  • Options
    Love and peace to all
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

I've been extremely impressed with Robinson so far.
    I just hope that come January when we offload Lookman and our wonderful scouting network offers him some nomark from Belgium or Hungary he is as optimistic.

I don't think that'll happen. They have a new PR team in place who will be pointing out that bringing in network players would be a disaster, if they want the protests to stop.

And if they've any sense they'll also advise them to keep Driesen quiet, and a long way from The Valley.

One or two good signings (particularly in midfield), followed by a few good results.... and it's going to become harder for some to protest, no matter what we/they think of what's been done to the club over the last three years.
    I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking.
  • Options

I am a boycotter and two 0-0 draws and Karl Robinson are not going to temp me to give my money to the club until Roland has gone.

#notapennymore

Thanks for that - and you entitled to your opinion but you might have a long wait before he sells!
    I agree, if you look back at some of my posts you will see I believe he is here for the long haul.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I am also a boycotter I'll review my position if we removed the inept CEO we are lumbered with. Until that happens I feel Robinson will encounter the same problems as his predecessors. Dismissal of Meire would show me real intent of change.

I agree that it might be a move in the right direction. I just can't see it ever happening.