Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options

Secret Affair last Fridaym 9/10

Brian Wilson at Royal Albert Hall, don't know as I forgot the date and missed it by a month.....

Secret Affair, didn't realise they were still going. Is it the original line up?
    Was gonna say, thought they were toast, just like me getting into that tonic suit again...
  • Options
    Seeing Squeeze at the Astor in Deal on 6th Sept.
  • Options
    Saw average white band at a park with lido in Hampton a few weekends ago . Excellent musicianship but evening spoiled due to Eminem crowd same night at Twickenham coming back into London same time . Awful “ music “ in comparison but each to their own I guess . Tickets for UB40 at a place called the Pacific amphitheater in new port beach California next week . Never seen them live before but looking forward to kick off hols . John Oates at cadogan Hall in October and Weller at south bank is it for time being .
  • Options
    Seeing The Smyths at the 100 Club Oxford St on Friday.
    I presume as it's a basement club it will be absolutely roasting down there.
    Has anyone been there lately, do they have working air con these days ?
  • Options

Don't know about the club, but The Smyths are fantastic. You'll have a great night (should you not melt)
  • Options
    I should have come up here a couple of days earlier .. Iron Maiden started their UK wide tour in Newcastle last night .. by all accounts they were supercalifragilisticixpealidocious .. or whatever
  • Options

Smyths were excellent. Good value for £20 and getting to hear the best of The Smiths & Morrisey.
    The club was air conditioned and loads of old music memorabilia. Both recommended.
  • Options
    I have two wrist bands for The Pretenders and Simole Minds at the Ardingly Race Course on 1 September that I can’t go to now if anyone is interested.

They are gold circle standing, cost £70 each doors open at 5pm.

Prepared to take £50 each for them. PM me if you want them.
  • Options

I have two wrist bands for The Pretenders and Simole Minds at the Ardingly Race Course on 1 September that I can’t go to now if anyone is interested.

They are gold circle standing, cost £70 each doors open at 5pm.

Prepared to take £50 each for them. PM me if you want them.

I'm not interested, but curious as to where is Ardingly Race Course, as I've never heard of it and nor has google.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw Joy Formidable at The Lexington, Pentonville Road on Wednesday. They were a bit heavier than usual but as always put on a great show.
  • Options
    Going to see The Truth warm-up gig at Pelton Arms tonight. Dennis Greaves’ Mod band, had a few minor hits in the late 80s...
  • Options

Going to see The Truth warm-up gig at Pelton Arms tonight. Dennis Greaves’ Mod band, had a few minor hits in the late 80s...

Never knew they were getting back together. They were a great band, they released a 3 CD compilation recently which is well worth picking up.

Will hopefully see you there M.
  • Options

Never knew they were getting back together. They were a great band, they released a 3 CD compilation recently which is well worth picking up.

Will hopefully see you there M.
    Cracking gig, thanks for the heads up. Didn’t see you there though mate.
  • Options

Smyths were excellent. Good value for £20 and getting to hear the best of The Smiths & Morrisey.
    The club was air conditioned and loads of old music memorabilia. Both recommended.
    I was meant to go to that but my mate and son bailed on me last minute
  • Options

I saw Joy Formidable at The Lexington, Pentonville Road on Wednesday. They were a bit heavier than usual but as always put on a great show.

I’ve got tickets to see them in Boston in a few weeks. Looking forward to that.
  • Options

We enjoyed the Bermondsey Folk Festival on Saturday afternoon.
    Some good musicians: Lisa Knapp, Circulus and Martin Carthy.

Great lineup
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys at the O2. Good but not great. Too much from the new album. 7/10.
  • Options
    On Blackheath tonight. Paloma Faith. Sounded like she was having her throat cut.
  • Options
    Saw The Chords at the 100 Club on Friday - think I last saw them in 1980 at the Marquee. A nice trip down memory lane and good to hear the old material - very reminiscent of the Jam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’ve got tickets to see them in Boston in a few weeks. Looking forward to that.
    Just got back from Boston yesterday. If only I could have delayed my trip. Enjoy the show.
  • Options

Saw The Chords at the 100 Club on Friday - think I last saw them in 1980 at the Marquee. A nice trip down memory lane and good to hear the old material - very reminiscent of the Jam.

Loved that band. Wish I had known about this.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Loved that band. Wish I had known about this.
    It was a really enjoyable gig and the band were really up for it. Only found out about it at start of last week.

Some interesting bands on at the 100 Club in the next few months:
    Focus
    Gang of Four
    The Members
    23 Skidoo

Good for a nostalgia fix and an excellent venue...
  • Options

Arctic Monkeys at the O2. Good but not great. Too much from the new album. 7/10.

There tonight for this. Can’t say I’ve warmed to the new album, but a colleague went last night and enjoyed it.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

There tonight for this. Can’t say I’ve warmed to the new album, but a colleague went last night and enjoyed it.
    Last night a pint was £7!

So I saved some money and bought a 2 pinter for £13 I think.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Last night a pint was £7!

So I saved some money and bought a 2 pinter for £13 I think.
    Fortunately, work are paying for the privilege of my hosting this one :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Saw them last night for the first time. Thought they were very good and really got the place rocking for the big hits.
  • Options
    Saw Brian Jackson at the Jazz Cafe - keyboardist/composer who used to work with Gil Scott-Heron. They heavily influenced rap music and a lot of the stuff they recorded still cuts it today.

The band were really tight and the acoustics were really good at the venue.
  • Options
    Looking forward to HRH Stoner VS Doom festival in Sheffield in a few weeks time \m/