Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best places to eat in SE London

Comments

• stonemuse said:

"Best place to eat in SE London"

************ in Sidcup
    ************ in Bromley
    ************ in Bexley

lol you wannabes crack me up

Isn't Bexley a borough of London and in the south east?
    North Kent
    And the rest are all east london
  • Havet in Bromley.

If you like Turkish food this is a must.
  • Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

Lucked out massively with Cinquanta in Sidcup a while ago. So good I returned with my parents a few weeks later. Best Italian food I've had in London more or less

If you mean the place on the corner of the triangle at the top of the one-way system, I've only been once but I found the food extremely mundane.
  • Pizzeria Italiana in Catford.

Located near to where the Catford Gun Shop used to be at the bottom of the tower block on the one way system.

Been there for years. Family run and very reasonable prices. The menu is extensive and the service great.

Went a few months ago. The food was good, in a standardish kind of way, and the prices and service excellent.
  • jamuna belvedere is lovely.
  • Pizzeria Italiana in Catford.

Located near to where the Catford Gun Shop used to be at the bottom of the tower block on the one way system.

Been there for years. Family run and very reasonable prices. The menu is extensive and the service great.

Went a few months ago. The food was good, in a standardish kind of way, and the prices and service excellent.
    Zach still there? He now runs a restaurant up near Brick Lane as well, called Vesuvio.
  • Baltic - 74 Blackfriars Road SE1

Failing that......anywhere in Blackheath. Then the 'bus to the ground. (Or a long walk).

Can recommend Baltic, but it sure ain't cheap.
  • edited December 2016
    Raj Moni in Plaistow Lane Bromley is well worth a visit.
    Bloody good Indian food.....at a reasonable price. Was refurbished a while back.....very airy and pleasant surroundings.
    Not sure if they still do it, but one of their specials was an unusual dish called Railway Lamb....Mmmmmm it's lovely.
  • Yak and Yeti in Crystal Palace (sorry, I'll wash my mouth out with soap). There's one or two others in this mini-chain over Eltham way, I think, but I've not been to those.

Bona, a pizzeria in Dartmouth Road, Forest Hill

FM Mangal in Camberwell

Franco Manca (spelling?) in East Dulwich.

The bar/restaurant in the old Naval College in Greenwich. Food's good, beer choice is very good, but since Meantime was bought out (by Coors?) I'm less inclined to frequent it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Raj Moni in Plaistow Lane Bromley is well worth a visit.
    Bloody good Indian food.....at a reasonable price. Was refurbished a while back.....very airy and pleasant surroundings.
    Not sure if they still do it, but one of their specials was an unusual dish called Railway Lamb....Mmmmmm it's lovely.

This is my local - although I don't use it as much as I should.

It is good though......and as far as I know.....railway lamb is still going strong.
  • Babur, Brockley Rise Forest Hill/Honor Oak Park. Really good non-standard Indian. Don't get to eat out much but like it there.
    Sapporo in Catford is good (Japanese). Surprises me how anything half decent survives in Catford.
    I've never been but other half raves about Meze Mangal on Lewisham Way.

@SoundAsa£ Up until a few years back I used to live in Sundridge Park. Raj Moni was my go to curry place. The Railway Lamb was always my dish of choice as well :0)

My parents still live in Babbacombe Road and every Christmas Eve the wife and I head over and have a take away cuzza. Their service always used to be excellent when eating in, I hope it still is.

Bromley & Chislehurst have a lot of choice to be fair.
  • aliwibble said:

Lucianos in Lee.

My Mum and Dad went down there last weekend, and apparently Dietmar Bruck was in with Peter Hunt (I think it was, they're both before my time)
    Will go there when I move back to SE London. They are from my early days watching as a schoolgirl. Bruck was our first German player.
  • LenGlover said:

aliwibble said:

Lucianos in Lee.

My Mum and Dad went down there last weekend, and apparently Dietmar Bruck was in with Peter Hunt (I think it was, they're both before my time)
    Bruck was our first German defender c1970 and Peter Hunt was a midfielder contemporary of Hales, Flanagan and Colin Powell who should probably be on the underrated thread if he isn't already
    You beat me to it.
  • Cafe Rouge in Blackheath never disappoints, had the duck in there yesterday, very nice it was to.
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

Lucked out massively with Cinquanta in Sidcup a while ago. So good I returned with my parents a few weeks later. Best Italian food I've had in London more or less

Zero Degrees actually any good mate? Our work Christmas meal is there this year - hoping there's a decent bar more than anything.
    They do some of the best pizzas you can get in this country, and the beer they brew is actually really tasty so you've lucked out
    A ringing endorsement then, lovely!
    Ask for the pizza to be well done....agree re the beer.
  • Not SE London but good food if you are up town.

Tredwell's WC2

The OXO Tower

The Port House in the Strand
  • Never had a bad meal in Carravaggio's in Camberwell green, very good Italian with good prices aswell. Although Luciano's is better but slightly more expensive.
  • edited December 2016

Raj Moni in Plaistow Lane Bromley is well worth a visit.

It is good though......and as far as I know.....railway lamb is still going strong.
    Used to do deliveries for this place 6 days a week when I was in-between my first and second year at uni. The food there was pretty good... and Railway Lamb is awesome. Over two months I put on two stone (back when I could afford to).

Would pack an extra popadom for snacking on each delivery and got fed twice an evening, biryani and 'staff curry' at the end of the night. The staff curry was out-of-this-world good by the way. Usually fish or chicken on the bone, and pretty spicy.

Also managed to spill a whole bottle of Cobra on Bradley off Eastenders when he came in once.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    Silk Road in Camberwell, can't recommend enough and very cheap. Not your average Chinese restaurant at all.
  • Leuth said:

Oh, and The Blue Nile! Famously topped Tripadvisor's London charts at one point. A really great dining experience. Woolwich at its finest

Quite. Love it there.

Used to do deliveries for this place 6 days a week when I was in-between my first and second year at uni. The food there was pretty good... and Railway Lamb is awesome. Over two months I put on two stone (back when I could afford to).

Would pack an extra popadom for snacking on each delivery and got fed twice an evening, biryani and 'staff curry' at the end of the night. The staff curry was out-of-this-world good by the way. Usually fish or chicken on the bone, and pretty spicy.

Also managed to spill a whole bottle of Cobra on Bradley off Eastenders when he came in once.
    Sounds good mate.

The owner is proper slippery though.
  • Wimpy-woolwich
  • Wimpy-woolwich

Is that you Eric Bristow?
  • Leuth said:

Zero Degrees obv

If you mean the place on the corner of the triangle at the top of the one-way system, I've only been once but I found the food extremely mundane.
    Spot the person who went to Zero Degrees and DIDN'T order pizza :D

Sounds good mate.

The owner is proper slippery though.
    Haha, restaurant owners tend to be. I've always found him to be a good guy - but probably wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.
  • Went to Zero Degrees once for a pizza and they wouldn't let me in because I didn't have shoes on. Severed ties with it since then, but the pizza was decent when I went before.

If I'm around there for food, it takes quite a bit to drag me away from Cau.
  • Never gone to Cau. Heard strong if unsubstantiated rumours about the ownership of all the establishments on Royal Parade, with the intimation being 'avoid' - maybe it was all nonsense
  • I am sorry to say I went to Zero Degrees, and ordered a pizza. It was a Margherita only (their veggie option), and it was very poor. Very fragile base the wrong side of done (too burnt), and the tomato aspect of it was watery and dripped everywhere, the rest of the topping was pretty scant and bland. To eat it you had to scrunch up an amount into a dough-like ball and eat it off a fork. It took ages to arrive, and was not particularly cheap.
    Sorry Leuth, but I've had better pizza at the Workers Stadium in Beijing, and many other more humble places.