Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Well he can certainly talk a good game but no matter what they've told him he'll be in the same boat as the previous seven poor sods once Katy and Roly Poly decide to start micromanaging and interfering again. They just can't help themselves.
  • Kelly Holmes?????
  • Loving The Times' use of the word 'buffoonery'! It's catching on.
  • "Greatest manager Alan Curbishley was in charge from 1991 to 2006, twice winning promotion and establishing Charlton in the Premier League"

Don't think so
  • Why did Charlton adopt the sword from the City of London crest into their badge in 1963? What was the connection between Charlton and the City of London? Was it a West Ham 'London Stadium' thing?
  • edited December 2016

"Greatest manager Alan Curbishley was in charge from 1991 to 2006, twice winning promotion and establishing Charlton in the Premier League"

Don't think so

Good piece up until then, obviously a youngish Journo (ex pro footballer aged 32 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Robertson ) who's never heard of Jimmy Seed. Think you need to invite him down to the museum :wink: .
  • Fair piece. Can't see anything coming of Robinson talking to Powell though. All Robinson requires to keep his job longer than 3 months is to win 50% (at least) of the games we play during that period - otherwise he'll exit like the others.
  • lets face it Karl is better at PR than the club and Pitch ...good luck to him ,i wish him and the team every success
  • Sponsored links:

• that's not where the nickname comes from and it's not where the sword comes from either.... allegedly
  • that's not where the nickname comes from and it's not where the sword comes from either.... allegedly

It is where the nickname comes from and there is evidence that that is where the sword comes from.
  • edited December 2016
    Just to confirm that the nickname reference is 100% correct and earliest recorded use is 1906 which along with documentary evidence for the sword badge is held in the museum.
  • I've heard different. From an independent source... In fact it was actually the independent newspaper. I'll try and find the article.
  • Pedro45 said:

Kelly Holmes?????

Locally based Gooner.
  • @Karim_myBagheri good find!

To be honest I am a little surprised as I thought Ben paid for regular google cleansing.
  • He turned down 3 jobs before joining us................

PLEASE INSERT YOUR OWN JOKE HERE.
  • I don't think you can automatically put Seed as greater than Curbs. There are lots of factors and it is worthy of debate. To be honest, because the eras were so diffenet, you can't easily compare. They were both legendary figures in our history.

My view that any plan to unite the club would need to have the CEO resigning or being oved on for starters. Then actions speak louder than words!
  • Sponsored links:

• Speaking of The Times, they also talked about us in The Game Podcast today. Gregor Robertson, who wrote the article at the start of the thread, was interviewed by Gabriele Marcotti: (27.24). They spoke about KR and RD for around 5-6 minutes (there's also the odd comment from Tony Cascarino). I listen to it every week and it's rare for them to discuss anything in the Championship or League 1, so perhaps a sign of how well-known our plight now is across the football press. If I remember rightly, we've already been in the Guardian, the Sun and the Mail quite a lot, but less so The Times (there was one mention by Henry Winter, but otherwise I haven't seen much).
  • Oliver Kay of The Times has written very good stuff in the past and actively tweets about us.
  • True, I'd forgotten that. There have been tweets from a couple of their other journalists too, but not as much coverage as some papers.