Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TheBelgium20 - Messages for Roland, FULL VIDEO

Comments

• Options
    GREAT
  • Options
    Great work Dan.
  • Options
    Impressive, good for you
  • Options
    Excellent
  • Options
    Brilliant work.
  • Options
    They want to improve communication, we are gettin into the spirit of that aspiration.
    Are you paying attention Tom Rubashow?
  • Options
    Fantastic video. Glad you found him in the end. Looks like you made a few new friends on the way too...! Excellent effort from all involved in this.
  • Options
    Well done all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice work once again.
  • Options
    Well done to the Belgium 20. Thanks a lot !!
  • Options
    I love that song Message to you Rudy' by the Specials.

Roland Duchatelet accepted the letters on film. Excellent work & great video.
  • Options
    Interesting that he doesn't want to get iuncolved with CARD! Improve communications my ass...

"are they C.A.R.D ?" Must be what Katrien also says when picking fans to join her numerous groups!

Well done B20 , think your role could be becoming more and more important!
    Never thought make the comparison but it seems like Roly sees the B20s as 'the suffragists'& CARD as 'the suffragettes'!

Can't wait to see what you have planned in the future!
  • Options
    Notice how , when "from CARD?" Is rebuffed ...
    Duchebag then says "oh from real fans!"

:angry:
  • Options
    Excellent stuff well done to all involved great anthem, great video, great message.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Interesting that he doesn't want to get iuncolved with CARD! Improve communications my ass...

"are they C.A.R.D ?" Must be what Katrien also says when picking fans to join her numerous groups!

Well done B20 , think your role could be becoming more and more important!
    Never thought make the comparison but it seems like Roly sees the B20s as 'the suffragists'& CARD as 'the suffragettes'!

Can't wait to see what you have planned in the future!

Exactly, Duchatelet is prepared to listen to any supporter or supporter group as long as they don't say anything too critical or take at face value the blandishments from Katrien Meire or carefully selected club Spokes person.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well done. Fair play to him for accepting them. By his reaction of accepting them and asking if they were from CARD would not surprise me if his eyes and ears on the ground here (ie his management team) have been spinning it for years as just a few hundred disgruntled fans in CARD and no one else so maybe he is completely ignorant to the reality. This is almost backed up by his overt personal responses like on the website and his bits to the media insisting it is a minority....perhaps he has been led to believe it and genuinely does believe it to be a handful of disgruntled rabble rousers.

As strange as he is perhaps he has just been kept in the dark. Of course perhaps he does know the complete score and just doesnt care and only accepted that for image (but he personally doesnt seem to care about his personal PR)

Either way he needs to sell for the good of the club asap and probably for himself as I cannot understand what enjoyment he can get from it particularly if he never comes and just has the hassle. Almost felt sorry for him seeing an eccentric old man in that video...Would expect someone who has a true measure of the anger and resentment felt amongst fans beyond just core CARD members he sees in the media to react more expectantly rather than so surprised. Either a great actor, really doesnt care or just

Maybe the Belgian 20 or someone completely unrelated to CARD could go to him directly and ask for a meeting away from his minions to tell him the score about how many fans beyond the core CARD group share CARDs sentiments? He may be receptive to that.

If not that would confirm his complete disinterest but at least he would be aware of the feeling amongst (whilst not all I would gamble a majority?) of Charlton supporters beyond the core CARD group he is aware of.

deffinitely worth a go,However I don't think Katrien would like it so would try to stop it or at least be involved!

Would be best to be informal, say to meet in the STTV cafe etc ... just to relax the tone and not put any backs up! Just kind charlton fans trying to open the eyes of the owner!

Only problem is that it increases the chance of the club using it as a PR Spin - "Roland meets fans" , and Katrien adding to the number of times she's had meeting with the fans
  • Options
    Great work, hats off.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Well done. Fair play to him for accepting them. By his reaction of accepting them and asking if they were from CARD would not surprise me if his eyes and ears on the ground here (ie his management team) have been spinning it for years as just a few hundred disgruntled fans in CARD and no one else so maybe he is completely ignorant to the reality. This is almost backed up by his overt personal responses like on the website and his bits to the media insisting it is a minority....perhaps he has been led to believe it and genuinely does believe it to be a handful of disgruntled rabble rousers.

As strange as he is perhaps he has just been kept in the dark. Of course perhaps he does know the complete score and just doesnt care and only accepted that for image (but he personally doesnt seem to care about his personal PR)

Either way he needs to sell for the good of the club asap and probably for himself as I cannot understand what enjoyment he can get from it particularly if he never comes and just has the hassle. Almost felt sorry for him seeing an eccentric old man in that video...Would expect someone who has a true measure of the anger and resentment felt amongst fans beyond just core CARD members he sees in the media to react more expectantly rather than so surprised. Either a great actor, really doesnt care or just

Maybe the Belgian 20 or someone completely unrelated to CARD could go to him directly and ask for a meeting away from his minions to tell him the score about how many fans beyond the core CARD group share CARDs sentiments? He may be receptive to that.

If not that would confirm his complete disinterest but at least he would be aware of the feeling amongst (whilst not all I would gamble a majority?) of Charlton supporters beyond the core CARD group he is aware of.

deffinitely worth a go,However I don't think Katrien would like it so would try to stop it or at least be involved!

Would be best to be informal, say to meet in the STTV cafe etc ... just to relax the tone and not put any backs up! Just kind charlton fans trying to open the eyes of the owner!

Only problem is that it increases the chance of the club using it as a PR Spin - "Roland meets fans" , and Katrien adding to the number of times she's had meeting with the fans
    It would be a gamble from a PR point of view of course but as Ive previously said the only receipients of the PR who truly matter are Charlton fans themselves.

I agree that it would be unlikely that Meire, Murray and the mismanagement team would be happy for this to happen because if he truly is in the dark then he would be asking what the clowns had been up to for past 3 years and realise they had been lying to him.

Of course he may completely have his fingers on the pulse of everything and I am being naive/ hopeful but I imagine there is a possibility he is just relying on carefully edited spin sent to him from the CEO and co leading him to believe that it is only a handful in CARD doing this... which is not beyond the realms of possibility for a busy man with a number of clubs and we are only 1.5% of his business interests. Whilst that wouldn't make it right and would still mean I think he would need to go unless rapidly significantly overhauling the management, strategy and operating mode of the club (which is extremely unlikely to happen) maybe he would have a truer handle on things than he has now. Or perhaps he favours not having the clear picture and only hearing what he wishes to here.

Competent, confident and capable managers deliver bad news even if it reflects badly on themselves. Those who do not have the confidence in their own ability and performance and are therefore terrified of being exposed will bullshit their way through to anyone and everyone to cover their own failures and backsides. I think we are seeing this here or a mix of both. He knows and trusts his management team off the pitch and insisted on only using trusted network managers on the football side of things until he recently conceded with Slade and now Robinson. Could it be that he just listens to those he trusts who are lying/ spinning half truths to him. Maybe naiive on my part but if I set up a business in a foreign country and charged trusted people to manage it for me I would rely on their feedback and take their word to a degree dependent on that level of trust and how well it was spun and polished.

If he could meet with fans like the blokes in the video on his manner for an informal chinwag away from the cameras, the hype and the CEO etc then maybe insight could be given and taken. If not at least we would know he fully knows the score and that it stems beyond a possible perception it is just a minority in CARD and that he just genuinely is too stubborn/ apathetic/ disinterested to care.

Has he ever himself said that he doesn't meet fans or has that just come from Meire?
  • Options
    Legends
  • Options
    Inspired and inspiring. Thank you to everyone involved.
  • Options
    Well done guys great job
  • Options
    Well done