Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    His brother is a goalie too - at Spurs 
  • Options
    Rich Cawley certainly has been busy with his interviews ahead of this game

@LouisMend what ya playing at? - Where are your scoops? Surrey? ;)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Good interview that. Nice to see that Charlton players still share the driving, I remember the Brighton based players in the 90s used to drive up together!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Scoham said:
    Good interview that. Nice to see that Charlton players still share the driving, I remember the Brighton based players in the 90s used to drive up together!
    Robinson / Nelson / Brown wasnt it from that area?

Didnt Jackson and a few others travel over from Essex together when it was the proper team under Chris Powell?
  • Options
    Rich Cawley certainly has been busy with his interviews ahead of this game

@LouisMend what ya playing at? - Where are your scoops? Surrey? ;)
    Sometimes I like to delegate to Rich 
  • Options
    To be fair Dillon dived the wrong way regardless for that Plymouth penalty, saved it with his feet luckily
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep it was a pony penalty unlike mine that he’s still probably having sleepless nights over 
    Can we use you as a ringer if it goes to penalties tonight then!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Simon Royce in the back of a battered Sierra; halcyon days
  • Options
    1se7 said:
    The save he made just after their goal was first class - to make that save so quickly after conceeding i n that fashion shows what a quality keeper he is and kept us in the game that we eventually won. Well done Dillon. Thanks matey - it was in your hands ,literally.
    Agreed, just a rare silly mistake and he admitted the occasion got to him and he lost concentration. Other than that, they didn’t score! Super keeper and deservedly number 1. 
  • Options
    So pleased for him. Showed great character.
  • Options
     All players make errors but goalkeeping errors often stick out so much more.  The way he recovered for that save down to his left showed a huge amount of character, and whilst it was the wrong game to make such an error, he definitely deserves credit for the final result.  If that ball had gone in, it was probably game over.
  • Options
    Dillon showed great character to make that excellent save from Leadbetter so soon afterwards.

I'm not convinced Naby recovered quite so well and wonder if the yellow card was not the only reason for his substitution.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Dillon showed great character to make that excellent save from Leadbetter so soon afterwards.

I'm not convinced Naby recovered quite so well and wonder if the yellow card was not the only reason for his substitution.
    I think the yellow helped make the decision to take him off but I think Bowyer would have been looking at it without the booking, having Pearce as his replacement certainly made it easier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sarr should never ever pass towards goal, always across 
    Have to agree that Naby got off lightly. Doesn’t look where he’s passing and hits it far too hard, straight at the goal but slightly away from Dills. Horrible error from Dills, obviously, but the perilous situation was all created by Sarr. 

Eitherway, it didn’t matter in the end and good character from both them to push it behind them and get on with the game, in particular Dillon who went back to his usual assured self. 

Definitely one of the players ready for the step up to the a Championship. 
  • Options
    Be interesting what Bowyer does for his No 2 keeper. Holy has signed for Ipswich, so he's out of the equation.

To me the OG was 80/20 blame to Dillon as it's clearly his mistake, but Sarr's backpass was rather firmly struck, maybe it was nerves, and as others have said at the goal rather than wide of it.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I think the yellow helped make the decision to take him off but I think Bowyer would have been looking at it without the booking, having Pearce as his replacement certainly made it easier.
    Nabs was having a bit of a tough time with Wyke as well and looked a bit vulnerable to their high wingers when Purrington pushed forward. The shape change fixed the second problem but Pearce quietend Wyke down nicely - I’m not sure Wyke won a header in the second half. I suspect Bowyer was very close to starting Pearce today anyway and the way Naby was not looking completely solid first half and then got booked made his mind up. Good decisive management. Tough on Sarr but the right call for the specifics of that match. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I got a huge feeling this wouldnt be going this nicely here if the team hadnt turned it around for his mistake. Love the team spirit.
  • Options

• Options
    Karius' mistake was comical and is tough to beat but David Seaman should be number 2 on that list given it was in the last minute and cost them the game. Lloris didn't matter as i think France were already 3 goals up. And Phillips we obviously recovered to win.
  • Options
    Which Karius howler are they talking about... the pass to Benzema or the one he let through his fingers?

Seaman that was a joke as like in the 2002 World Cup couldnt deal with a high ball which is embarrassing as a Goalkeeper

i.e. the 2002 World Cup and Rob Green one against United States are in a way worse than any of those because they're in less pressured games than a Final