Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Karl Robinson shouts out orders to his Charlton Athletic players against Sheffield United. Photograph: Cole/ProSports/Rex/Shutterstock

After reading the caption under the picture and realising they got the wrong name. Did not bother to read it. Rubbish journalism.
  • You've been hoodwinked Karl.
  • edited December 2016
    "All the things I’d heard about [before I came], haven’t been the case. I think if you asked them both they’d say maybe they underestimated how things worked in England and that’s where things fell down a little bit.”

Given that Karl hadn't actually taken charge of a match when he said this, he might be jumping the gun a bit.

What a worthless puff piece. Even the picture is wrong. The Guardian are so desperate for money, they will have jumped out of their skins for the Pitch PR shilling. Wankers.
  • ".... things fell down a little bit..." Yes, such as the stadium now like a ghost town on match days, relegation and long standing supporters leaving in their droves. Stupid cow!!
  • TBF, if I had to make an uninformed wild guess it would be RD will have told KM to give him whatever and whoever he needs within reason to get Charlton promoted so she probably has been phenomenal so far in KRs view. RD has other business interests and he probably can't be seen to be failing at anything or kowtowing to a bunch of football fans, particularly if he had to on the face of it to at Standard Liege. Winning promotion would swing the balance back in his favour.
  • edited December 2016
    WSS said:

Winning promotion would swing the balance back in his favour.

Not for me it wouldn't.

Unless it's promotion to the Premier League.
    Even then he'd still be a total w*nker.
  • edited December 2016
    I actually don't share as much animosity towards Katrien as most on here. She is the mouthpiece for Roland and has to face the music when Roland makes ridiculous decisions and statements.

She wouldn't have said what she said on Talksport about Russel Slade if she knew he was in danger. She's said it and Roland has totally undermined her.

Why she doesn't just walk away confuses me.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Not for me it wouldn't.

Unless it's promotion to the Premier League.

Like burning down your mates house then expecting praise for buying him some new curtains a week later.

Brilliant
  • Robinson's brief is obviously to be the mouthpiece for Mire in her war with the fans. Thick twat.
  • Phenomenon- a fact or situation that is observed to exist or happen, especially one whose cause or explanation is in question.

Yes under that definition, she is.
  • Brainwashed in less than a week.

Poor sod.
  • vffvff
    edited December 2016
    The Robinson thing is a temporary PR blitz. What have the club said or done differently that indicates that Robinson's enthusiasm is not much but newly hired optimism let loose by the Charlton Pitch Agency temp head of communications ?

If nothing changes with Duchatelet, his stategy and sticking with the band of incompetents he hires, such as Meire (who have only kept their jobs if they have not criticised and accepted whatever rubbish Duchatelet has spouted), Robinson will only stay if he holds a similar non critical line to the inept sychophants employed. I can't see him being effusely enthusiastic as he currently is as and when things go completely pear shaped. An under resourced squad, a run of defeats will do for him as it has with all the rest of the managers. Someone has to take the fall and the blame and that won't be Duchatelet or Meire.
  • It may be over-estimating him, but there is a possibility that KR has a cunning plan: to go along with the regime-speak until he gets himself firmly established and then really assert himself once they're dependent on him. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for signs of a change, but we'll see.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

I actually don't share as much animosity towards Katrien as most on here. She is the mouthpiece for Roland and has to face the music when Roland makes ridiculous decisions and statements.

She wouldn't have said what she said on Talksport about Russel Slade if she knew he was in danger. She's said it and Roland has totally undermined her.

Why she doesn't just walk away confuses me.

A CEO post that she couldn't get elsewhere could be the answer.
    ... which then gives her a passport to membership of or invitations to prestigious committees, groups and conferences that her (lack of) ability would otherwise bar her from.

By any sane conditions Katrien aka Daisy aka NightMeire aka KM Wrong Un shouldn't be coming withing a country mile of these positions; it's only Roly the Benefactor keeping her in the CEO post and then she lets her physiology and "equality/inclusion" quotas do the rest.

And she likes the attention and status, hence her reluctance to bugger off (except on holiday during important times of the year).
  • This has to be a case of new girlfriend syndrome. Everything's fine for a few weeks then the reality kicks in. It'll all end in tears ...
  • Yeah ... right
  • I shall respond to this in a couple of months....if he's still here.
  • To be fair quite a few of us were also fooled by her charms at first. I'm sure reality for KR will kick in soon enough.
  • edited December 2016
    _MrDick said:

This has to be a case of new girlfriend syndrome. Everything's fine for a few weeks then then when the "obvious" is a little less frequent, you have to talk to her. ...