Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    "give me some stats and video footage on that."

The club have a man who has a clip or two.

Wish him well and good luck.
  • Options
    If the team buy into his enthusiasm and we can strengthen in January, we must have a good chance of going up.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2016
    Talks a good game. All the managers working under Duchatelet think that they will make a difference. FFP rules apply in the Championship. Losses in league one are covered by the owner as I understand it. The restriction in the budget is applied by Duchatelet.

It remains to be seen how much enthusiasm he will have a few months down the line or whether the holes in the team are filled or the squad is any better balanced. Or how much of the Lookman money makes its way back into the team, clears off the debt or goes direct into Duchatelet's pocket.
  • Options
    "Katrien came very, very late at night to meet me."

Not like KM to work longer than 11-3! Maybe she was working the night shift!
  • Options
    Obviously many of us are cautious as to what KR says and doesn't say. And rightly so, considering who is above him.

But some good quotes in that interview, and he is seemingly willing to put in the time and research to find out about us. More than any of the past managers probably did.

Time will tell if RD actually lets him do what he's employed to do or he'll be gone in 20 odd games.
  • Options

Obviously many of us are cautious as to what KR says and doesn't say. And rightly so, considering who is above him.

But some good quotes in that interview, and he is seemingly willing to put in the time and research to find out about us. More than any of the past managers probably did.

Time will tell if RD actually lets him do what he's employed to do or he'll be gone in 20 odd games.

True. I'm optimistic about KR but Roland's track record suggests this cannot work.

Next few weeks will be interesting but the protests should continue in some format.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    If Robinson's enthusiasm can be translated into results, then we could get promotion this season or next.

(Provided the players can understand what the $%&$ he's going on about).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

He's saying all the right things, but the manager has never been the issue. Wait until Driesen doesn't agree with him, or until Roland decides to copy paste his instructions on which way round to sit on the bog...

Ikwym, but I think the managers have also been an issue as well. I mean Luzon, Fraeye & Slade were most definitely not what we needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    "Some big players not available for selection" - is that the three injuries he mentioned or does it include Ba and Tex as well? Seeing those two on the pitch from the bench will give Karl a get out of jail card after his CO'L comments.

Curious also in his assessment elsewhere of the squad he sees a need for strengthening on the wing but doesn't mention our woeful inadequacies in central midfield.
  • Options
    I like his personality but so many of his comments in that interview worry me. It seems to me the club have found the perfect manager for what they want to achieve - a player farm.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

£12m surplus on transfers. Left Franchise 19th in league one.
    All you need to know.

Ignore the two promotions then
  • Options

kentred2 said:

£12m surplus on transfers. Left Franchise 19th in league one.
    All you need to know.

Ignore the two promotions then
    One Promotion
  • Options
    I don't trust a man who doesn't look after his pen.
  • Options
    jaw jaw .. let's see how he gets on in the war war ..... i.e. real games of football managing the PLAYERS at CAFC
  • Options

"

Curious also in his assessment elsewhere of the squad he sees a need for strengthening on the wing but doesn't mention our woeful inadequacies in central midfield.

Think that's to do with his desire to play 4-2-3-1.

Jacko, Crofts, Ulvestaad can and Lloyd fit in the 2. Rumours of Poyet training with us. Foley/Konsa of were desperate.

We don't really have the players to fit into the three behind the striker. I don't think Ajose fits that role. So we basically have Lookman and Holmes. I'm not convinced about Botaka I think it's a classic case of being out the team raises his stock.

So as he said in his interview wingers and a no 10 are key.

I'd still like to see Aribo given a chance in the no 10 role from the bench!
  • Options
    He asked Ian Wright why we don't get on with Palace?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Certainly talks a good game, but has Roly explained the diamond formation to him yet?

If he lasts until the end of the season then he has done a brilliant job, but why has it taken x amount of managers, dodgy buys and sheer lunacy to get to this point?

Maybe, because there is no plan, it's made up as they go along, I just get the feeling this is another false dawn, and all a bit of bluff and bravado, really hope I'm wrong!!!
  • Options
    Not a bad idea for him to meet with the trust if he wants some background on it but then he needs to get on with managing the football, he cannot mend the bridges and he'd be foolish to think he can. I don't know whether promotion, as unlikely as that is, will quell the protests, maybe for some it will but my inclination is that most people see the bigger picture. By the way Robinson wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the protests, same for Slade. We'd have had a bunch of no-mark network coaches, Nobby and COL to name but two. Trouble is the problems go much deeper than who's on the touchline.
  • Options
    January will be key to this season.
    If he can keep our better players and bring in a couple of decent midfielders i would expect us to reach the playoffs minimum
  • Options

If he can keep our better players and bring in a couple of decent midfielders i would expect us to reach the playoffs minimum

We've said the same thing the last two seasons as well. Lessons learned though so nothing to see here.
  • Options
    I hope he succeeds, I really do, but while he should know the background, he should not try to win fans over to support the regime as well as the team. Whatever the success on the field, too much has happened to forgive or forget what Meire and Duchatalet have done.

I guess the acid test for him will be what backing he gets in the January transfer window. And he doesn't seem to be the type who would put up with interference from Roland or Daisy either, which has to be a plus.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

We've said the same thing the last two seasons as well. Lessons learned though so nothing to see here.
    I agree with the last two seasons.
    But i don't think Robinson would have taken the job without some sort of assurance that money will be made available in January
  • Options

Beardface said:

But i don't think Robinson would have taken the job without some sort of assurance that money will be made available in January
    The Belgian dictionary states " assurances : glib words & phrases that are not worth the paper they're written on ".
  • Options

Beardface said:

The Belgian dictionary states " assurances : glib words & phrases that are not worth the paper they're written on ".
    Sadly what you are saying is very true.
    I just hope that for once they actually back the manager.
  • Options
    Very impressed with Robinson but it doesn't matter how good a conductor you are if the Orchestra are out of tune. I had a free ticket yesterday near the home dugout and we were very poor in the first half. Robinson was very vocal in instructing the players in what he wanted. We came out with more energy and purpose in the second half and had a few decent chances. What I didn't like was seeing Lookman targeted by MK Dons. Robinson was asking the referee to protect him but that didn't happen. Lookman has been targeted in the last few games which seems to have affected his confidence.He is copping the same treatment that Holmes got. Referees seem more lenient in this division.