Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forest v Newcastle

Newcastle winning 1-0 with 9 men. Forest missed two pens.

Wow.

Comments

• Incredible... Isn't lansbury a bit of a diver... Made a meal of the pens. Shelvey an idiot as usual.
  • The second one he just stopped running and bought the pen.

Didn't Darlow play for Forest before signing for Newcastle?
  • Yes he did... But can they hang on
  • Don't even know what formation Benitez will adapt. 4-3-1?
  • Yes apparently
  • Just turned this on. What did Shlevey do to get sent off?

Bit of a tangle on the floor with Lansbury and when he extended his legs to get off him Lansbury rolled over. It looked harsh but really unnecessary. Shelvey getting himself a bit of a bad rep. He was controlling the game before that.
  • Sounds similar to the Charlton v Swindon game when we had 2 players sent off in the 1st half for madness. we were either 1-0 or 1-1 against a Charlie Austin Swindon at H/T. After going 2-1 down Miguel Llera scored a late goal to draw 2-2. Jonjo had a blinder in midfield for us on that Boxing day.

Bit of a tangle on the floor with Lansbury and when he extended his legs to get off him Lansbury rolled over. It looked harsh but really unnecessary. Shelvey getting himself a bit of a bad rep. He was controlling the game before that.
    Cheers
  • Don't even know what formation Benitez will adapt. 4-3-1?

The Carol Fraye Jellyfish formation (spread out a bit) or even the Crucifix, as employed so well at Colchester last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Irony that they've looked comfortable apart from when Forest scored cos the keeper come for a cross he shouldn't have.
  • Two really shit goals from Forest. It's a funny old game.
  • Good. Detest Newcastle.
  • Harsh on Shelvey. Lansbury(who I think is a nasty piece of work) managed to kick Shelvey as they were entangled. Shelvey then made a small movement but nothing that warranted Lansbury's reaction.
  • Could be a shit weekend. Had the Geordies on the first leg of a five-fold.
  • Could be a shit weekend. Had the Geordies on the first leg of a five-fold.

Do an accy on the other four.
    I've stopped betting on the early or Friday games for that very reason.
  • Shelvey's reputation as being as thick as two short planks doesn't help him .
    That foul barely warranted a yellow card .
  • Lansbury is a massive see you next Tuesday as well as a bang average footballer.
    Not anywhere near Shelvey In terms of technical ability.
  • Why the hate for shelvey?
  • Lansbury is a massive see you next Tuesday as well as a bang average footballer.

I've seen Lansbury play about a dozen times and in almost EVERY one of those games he's been involved in some controversial/unsavoury incident .. usually he gets away with it ... WHY ? ... he must be a right laugh in the showers or buys nice present for the referees
  • Sponsored links:

• Why the hate for shelvey?

The guy was absolutely running the show, his range of passing is game changing for that level. Then you consider he's already up for charge about verbal that we all hope isn't true, and he goes and gets himself inolved with a shitty little incident on the edge of his own box and it changes the game. He's getting older but his brain doesn't seem to be following.
  • No way were either of them sending offs. Landsbury cheated on both.
  • Seen some highlights and that has to be one of the worst refereeing displays in recent times

I've seen Lansbury play about a dozen times and in almost EVERY one of those games he's been involved in some controversial/unsavoury incident .. usually he gets away with it ... WHY ? ... he must be a right laugh in the showers or buys nice present for the referees
    So was that Argentinian player who played for Watford.. I can't remember his name.
  • dizzee said:

Lansbury is a massive see you next Tuesday as well as a bang average footballer.

So was that Argentinian player who played for Watford.. I can't remember his name.
    Forestieri? .. now at Sheffield Wednesday .. slightly cleaned up his act after a couple of sendings off
  • Best tactic in those circumstances when two players have been sent off and you've got a long time to hold until the final whistle is to either get three more players sent off or send on your three subs to use them up and have three players go down injured and have to leave the field of play. Isn't it the rule that if you lose 5 players the game has to be abandoned ?
  • There was a 16/1 special offer on Forest winning I almost took up but decided I could not be bothered. Doh.
  • Best tactic in those circumstances when two players have been sent off and you've got a long time to hold until the final whistle is to either get three more players sent off or send on your three subs to use them up and have three players go down injured and have to leave the field of play. Isn't it the rule that if you lose 5 players the game has to be abandoned ?

Ridiculous. You have got to be joking.
    No FA would allow the score to stand in those circumstances. The famous Battle of Bramall Lane remained 0-3 purely because Sheffield United were losing heavily when two of their players "limped off injured" after having 3 sent off. Apart from there being nothing to gain, but lots to lose, the idea of doing this when leading goes utterly against the ideals of fair play and would surely result in punishment that negated any potential points gain.

In addition, (in my humble opinion), even though the game was already lost at Bramall Lane, the decision to reduce his own team to get the match abandoned was Neil Warnock's lowest moment in his career - and that includes his decision to manage Palace!

dizzee said:

Lansbury is a massive see you next Tuesday as well as a bang average footballer.

Forestieri? .. now at Sheffield Wednesday .. slightly cleaned up his act after a couple of sendings off
    Right on cue - Forestieri gets sent off for Wednesday! :smile:
  • edited December 2016

dizzee said:

Right on cue - Forestieri gets sent off for Wednesday! :smile:
    still some act polishing to be done it seems ((:>)